Bixby must die

magenta2729017

I find the Bixby app intrusive and annoying and I simply can't see the value in it. Do other people feel the same?  I won't buy another Samsung device that forces this upon me. Is there a way to delete it, I wonder?

All replies

• disk4mat

Re: Bixby must die

Not without rooting the phone or using a third party app such as BK Disabler. Myself I love Bixby and use it daily. You can always remap the button which does not require any additional apps.

• dragon1562

You can not delete it but you can disable it which makes it much more tolerable. I also hate Bixby since I find it to be less useful that Googles Ai solution. Here is a link that tells you how to disable it https://www.androidcentral.com/how-completely-disable-bixby

• androidz32015

Wow I thought I was the only one who hates Bixby, ya it's useless and tons of bloatware with it and everyday it updates and downloads and eats up memory. Ya also I'm nearly saying kill Samsung too, seems now Oreo is out my note 8 has massively slowed in the last week and the battery don't last, I think Samsung's getting like apple to make us buy the newest phone, my note 8 was great till Oreo started and still no update, t mobile is jacking us on that one, hate to say I have Verizon too and my Google pixel works awesome and has had Oreo since last year, why Apple and Samsung rip us off. Just like my IPhone x my note 8 goes to eBay lol easy quick good money and stay with my pixel and I think I'm going to get a Google nexus too, they get updates asap not this yes than no or maybe from Apple and Samsung and t mobile..enoughs is enough. Google's phones are in development on the next Android after oreo anyways. Oreo is 7 months old expired most have no idea of.. get the best and latest from a pixel or nexus.. heck with Samsung and Apple and all the rest that take ages to get updated updates..

• dragon1562

Your mad at T-mobile for no reason. They have no control once so ever over updates from Apple. Those are pushed out and controlled by Apple alone. Your love for Google's Pixel is fine but you can't compare it to the Note 8 which is controlled by Samsung and then blame the carrier. Also its abnormal that your phone is operating this way. My S8 is very snappy after the Oreo update and performance has seen a pretty decent improvement. Especially with battery life. I would say I am ending the day with a extra 6-10% that I did not have before. You may want to look at the apps that you have on the device or consider a factory reset. As far as your Apple Iphone X the performance is also very good. I have a 8+ and have had no problems at all. Apple is also very good about ruling out updates and I would argue the best in the industry when it comes to this. They add no carrier bloat once so ever, and generally speaking with the exception of iOS 11 have provided a very consistent experience which you ether love or hate.

I had the Nexus 6P which is the only phone I had straight from Google and it was great for the most part until I could plagued by the battery issue, and the issues with thermal throttling on the SD810. I personally don't care what you do with your devices but I think it is worth looking into a bit further before taking a loss on brand new phones like that. They rarely get the actual value. Also so you know the Pixel works with T-mobile if you wanted to continue service with them.

Finally I wanted to add this on because I just thought about it but Samsung has a sour relationship with Google. Its the reason they have so many duplicate apps and even there own app store. I would not be surprised if 4 years down the road they had there own OS separate from Android.