New S8+ Update

magenta4492655

I installed the new update on Saturday.  Ever since my phone runs super slow, apps are slow to open and my gmail and twitter are always telling me that I have 24 and 18 new messages???????

All replies

• tmo_amanda

Re: New S8+ Update

Hi, magenta4492655 and welcome to our Support Community!

It sounds like there are other S8/S8+ users that are experiencing the same thing. It's odd that the message/notification counter is incorrect. Have you tried uninstalling Twitter then reinstalling it to see if that does the trick? Also, after a major software update such as Oreo, sometimes a good 'ole reset does the trick. If you choose to reset your device, I highly recommend backing it up to make sure all of your information isn't erased. Here are steps to complete the master reset: Device resets: Samsung Galaxy S8+ which also includes info on how to back up your device.

• magenta4492655

I called and spoke to someone in Customer Service who was less than helpful.  He had me try a few things and wanted me to give it a couple of hours to see if it worked.  As we were getting off of the phone he did tell me that if I wanted to take my brand new phone in and exchange it I could.  Pathetic.

• dragon1562

You have two choices to fix this. One is a factory reset the other method that has seemed to work for many I will paste below.

1. Go to Setting -> Apps, click on the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner and select "Show system apps"
            2. Scroll down and click on "BadgeProvider" app
            3. In app properties, click on "Storage", clear both the Cache and Data.
            4. Shut down the phone and following the directions below to "wipe cache partition".
            5. Wipe cache partition

• Turn off the device.
              • Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
              • When the Android logo displays, release all keys ('Installing system update' will show for about 30 - 60 seconds before showing the Android system recovery menu options).
              • Press the Volume down key several times to highlight “wipe cache partition.”
              • Press the Power key to select.
              • Press the Volume down key to highlight “yes” and press the Power key to select.
              • When the wipe cache partition is complete, “Reboot system now” is highlighted.
              • Press the Power key to restart the device.