$30 for a sim card?

magenta3123067

I am a current customer and was charged $30 for a new sim card today at the store.  Not only was the woman quite rude when I requested one she scoffed at me when I questioned the charge.   Is this really the charge for a piece of plastic for current customers?   My company lines with Sprint charge ZERO for a new sim card.

All replies

• gramps28

Re: $30 for a sim card??!!

If you are a current customer it depends on what the reason you're needing a new sim.

The most I've seen for new sim is $20. Did you go to a 3rd party or corporate store?

I've always been lucky and haven't been charged but I go to a corporate store.

• tmo_chris

Re: $30 for a sim card?

$30 does seem a bit high. Where specifically was this store?

• tmo_amanda

Re: $30 for a sim card?

Hello, magenta3123067!

I just wanted to swing by to see if you had more info on where you were seeing a charge for $30 for a SIM.  We do have SIM activation kits that are $25 which include the following:

• Authentication on the T-Mobile network
            • Security features for wireless transmission
            • SIM Card Lock – a unique feature to secure SIM transmission
            • Flexibility – swap your SIM to a compatible new device whenever you want

However, a SIM by itself should not be running $30. A SIM activation kit is only needed when there's a new account activation or you're adding a line to an existing account. From time to time, we'll have deals on SIM activation kits as well.