Group Messaging

• 24 March 2018
  • 7 replies

Hello, I can not group message using Messages on my Samsung Galaxy 7. any reason why this is happening.

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

Really good question. Since group message send like picture messages, you'll want to make sure you have access to data and the correct APN settings. I would start by taking a look at the APN settings and make sure they're set up correctly. Give the phone a restart then give it another shot to see if it helps.

Userlevel 3

Hey there! Just wanted to check in and see if you'd had a chance to look at those APN settings and check your data connection. How are things going with your group messages?

Userlevel 3

Hi, @chubbywolf​!

I see you're new to our Support Community; welcome! Just swinging by to see if you've looked over your APN settings yet to verify everything is set-up properly. Also, are you following these steps to send a group message? If not, please give that a shot and let us know how it goes.

I am also having trouble with this. I just reset my APN settings and restarted my phone and nothing. I can access the internet np and I can even receive messages from the group I can just not send them. Anyone can help me please just switched back to y'all yesterday.

I’ve been having the same issue. Initially, I wasn’t even receiving group messages, then I discovered something about the APN settings maybe being wrong. I found a post about how those should be configured and changed it accordingly and now I’m able to receive group messages, but still not able to respond to them.

I'm having this problem currently with my Galaxy S9. All of the APN info, the whole page, is blank. How do I find out what I'm supposed to input? 

Badge

I am having the same problem.  Group text messages not coming in. They look like coming in individually.  Very frustrating, as I use this for work.