Is RCS on Pixel 2 XL?

26kick

Hi all,

Does RCS work on the Pixel 2 XL? Obviously it's not a T-MOBILE branded phone but I'd love to have the functionality RCS offers over SMS.

Thanks!

All replies

• tidbits

Re: Is RCS on Pixel 2 XL?

T-Mobile uses it's own, but in the near future they are planning on moving to Universal Profile which the Pixel 2 line does support.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_mike_c

Hi there!

Just wanted to chime in and say tidbits is spot on. I just don't have any specific dates as to exactly when it'll roll out. Thanks for posting.

• 26kick

Thanks for responding, guys! I'm really interested in RCS.

Tidbits, do mean that it currently works on T Mobile phones, using it's own protocol, which the Pixel can't use?

Mike_c, thanks for the insight on what's coming. Do you think that when Universal profile comes online, will it work seamlessly with iMessage on my Pixel 2 XL? I'm in a band and all the other guys have iPhones. Apparently I screw up the features of iMessage for everyone just by being in the thread. ? I don't want to be the odd guy anymore, lol.

Thanks!

• tidbits

26kick wrote:

Thanks for responding, guys! I'm really interested in RCS.

Tidbits, do mean that it currently works on T Mobile phones, using it's own protocol, which the Pixel can't use?

Mike_c, thanks for the insight on what's coming. Do you think that when Universal profile comes online, will it work seamlessly with iMessage on my Pixel 2 XL? I'm in a band and all the other guys have iPhones. Apparently I screw up the features of iMessage for everyone just by being in the thread. ? I don't want to be the odd guy anymore, lol.

Thanks!

Yes currently T-Mobile uses their own long before Universal Profile was introduced.  T-Mobile is migrating over to the Universal Profile which was finalized I believe November of last year.

iMessages is doesn't work with RCS, and it's own thing.  Apple doesn't support RCS.