software update G950USQU2CRB9 - 9.0 W/OREO

mombzy57

This update has my Galaxy S8 rebooting every 5-10 minutes.  How do I make it stop?

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: software update G950USQU2CRB9 - 9.0 W/OREO

Oh my goodness! Is this still happening? If so, please check out these steps to clear your devices system cache. Wipe cache partition: Samsung Galaxy S8

• tmo_mike_c

Oh man that's a bummer, but Chris did post a really good step that can help. Can you give that a shot and let us know if that helps? Thanks.

• androidz32015

Seriously???? I been hearing this on the s8 s8+ and I've posted wanting Oreo for my note 8 so bad, I'm thinking twice now??? My wife's s8+ did that when they were new, this must be a Samsung thing, it's almost like they are pulling a Apple trick on us?? To get us to but the newest s9?? I sure hope you get that fixed man, I remember last year the s8+ did that every 20 or so minutes and also killed the battery and discharged faster too. Oh boy I might just forget Oreo for a while till they fix all the kinks out, but the reboot deal is not good at all. Otherwise Oreo don't seem the much difference I looked at a s9 at t mobile store and didn't seem much difference but I guess when when you have the time to go through the device there is?? I just quickly looked at it till the battery died on it on display lol, but good luck fixing that nasty reboot issues, like the other guy said try the catch partition or even a factory restore..hope it works and keep us posted and thanks for the heads up on the Oreo issue, I'll think I'll put that update for my note 8 on the back burner when it arrives.

• tmo_mike_c

Hi again.

Just checking to see if you've tried to wipe the cache on the device to see if that helps. Please reply back and let us know. Thanks.