South Korea, right? Are you connected to a S. Korean network? Your phone needs to have at least UMTS band 1 to work in S. Korea as they have no 2G GSM. A few of the lower-end phones that T-Mobile sold did not have any bands compatible with S.Korea or Japan.
If you are connected to a network, you need to make sure that international calling and roaming are both enabled.
Does your phone have WiFi Calling? Can you get on WiFi and call +1-505-998-3793, to talk with T-Mobile's international roaming specialists.
Just checking in here to see how things are going. Are you able to get signal at all on any of the local carriers? What kind of phone do you have and what kind of T-Mobile plan are you on?
Hey just wanted to let you know that many users on the forum are excited to help you but we need a bit more info to go on. If you can answer some of the questions the users before me asked I think I can also be of assistance since I spent a month in South Korea myself.
Just wanted to check-in to see if you're still having issues calling Korea. If so, please try following these steps:
Can't make or receive calls
- Make sure there's service in the country you're visiting or the cruise ship you're on. Check now.
- If you haven't done so already, turn your device off, wait 5 seconds, and then turn your device back on.
- Check to see if you have a signal. If you don't have a signal, try manually searching for and connecting to a carrier's network within the country you're visiting.
- Once you're connected to a network, try making a mobile device call to a number that you know works (or have someone call you).
- If you're still having an issue making or receiving a call, contact us.