private files

mrusma

hello guys

i recently had to send my broken samsung s8 plus to t-mobile because there was something wrong with the screen and i was not able to access the phone or recover my private files even though the phone was on..so my question is this ...can a t-mobile employee steal my files when they check or try to repair the phone ?

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: private files

That's a great questions and I'd like to make sure I get on the same page. First off, if the device is physically broken, you'd be looking at filing a claim and sending it to the insurance company for replacement. If there's no damage and this is a warranty exchange through T-Mobile, we would replace the phone as repairs are not an option. In either case, you wouldn't need to worry about your info on the device being stolen. You're privacy is really important to us and our goal is just to get you a working phone. Were you able to get another device?

• tmo_marissa

Hey, mrusma! Just wanted to check in here and make sure you'd had a chance to look over Mike's reply above. Were you able to get a replacement device? Please let us know if you have any other questions!

• tmo_mike_c

Hi again!

Just curious if you have any more questions and wanted to know if you got your replacement phone. Please let us know. Thanks!