Text messages as html attachments

rhuss1

When I receive text messages from my company's help desk software (Service-now),  they appear as html attachments instead of plain text.

The messages are simple text of less then 130 char's sent to my email address -->  xxxxxxxxxx@tmomail.net

When I was with a different carrier,  the txt messages always appeared as plain text.    Is there a setting somewhere to fix this?

All replies

• smplyunprdctble

Re: Text messages as html attachments

My employer's implementation of ServiceNow sucks!

Sorry, rant over.

I actually have a suggestion!

First, I didn't know it was possible to have notifications go to another location until you posted this (thanks! not that I'm going to use it).  But, I went in the settings of ServiceNow and noticed you can do a SMS notification:

And T-Mobile is an available service provider.  Can you have the messages sent this way?

As for what is happening with ServiceNow email to your tmomail address, it's probably something on the ServiceNow side doing something.  And/or your other carrier may have stripped out the html tags (or your previous device may have done it automagically -- you don't say all that changed between changing carriers).

• tmo_marissa

Hey, just wanted to check in on the questions Mike asked above. I also wanted to ask if this software sends these messages to your TMOmail address with a title or header?

• tmo_chris

Hey there! How are things going? Please let us know if you still need help.