My phone number is being used by a spoofer.

logiclady

My mobile phone number is being used by a spoofer. What can be done to stop this?

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: My phone number is being used by a spoofer.

Well that is no good at all! How did you first come to realize this? Do you have any idea who could be using your number? Are they using your number to harass friends and family?

• logiclady

I am getting calls from people who say they just got a call from my number. I don't know who it might be, I have no enemies, nor am I being harassed.

I believe it is probably a scammer because I get frequent calls on all my phones from "local" numbers who leave no message or are robo-calls to sell products. I rarely answer these calls (or any I don't know the person calling) so I don't know what they all are, but those I answer are often "IBM", "Microsoft", or "my credit company" which are known opening lines for spammers. All my phone numbers are registered on the national "Do Not Call" list.

I am not going to change my phone number, so another solution is needed.

Also, your response is NOT the "correct answer."

• tmo_chris

Thanks for clarifying! I am not exactly sure how that one got marked correct. Your situation is definitely an odd one! I know that there are apps out there that people can use to make it appear as if they are calling from any number they want. Unfortunately, there is no way that we have any control over those types of apps and I don't think that changing your number would even be a permanent fix. If there is a chance that your number is being used to harass people, if that person gets a hold of your new number, they could start using that new number whenever they want.

For this situation, you may need to get law enforcement involved.