S8 Oreo keyboard problem

gobiggreen22

After the Oreo update I can't type anything because the keyboard is not working. I keep getting the "Samsung keyboard keeps stopping" message. I've restarted the phone many times. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? Can I revert back to the previous version?

All replies

• magenta4463568

Re: S8 Oreo keyboard problem

Hey @gobiggreen22 - I had the same problem this morning. I spoke to a Samsung representative directly. Samsung has not received the full if not all of the Oreo software. I actually helped the Tech troubleshoot my own phone. He didn't seem aware of the update issue. If you have some other keyboard app go to settings, than go to the message Samsung stock app, clear it's default and assign another app. If you don't have neither. Go the app store and try your best to try to get the microphone, download the G-Board app (or keyboard app of your choice), once you do that, do the steps above. You will have to use another keyboard in the meanwhile until Samsung updates there software. The rep stated that once they receive the updates they need, they will send and air upgrade.

• magenta4463568

Re: S8 Oreo keyboard problem

@gobiggreen22 When I say microphone, i mean use the microphone to voice command since you will not be able to type.