cell spot problem

mbmaring

So have had a cell spot for about 6 months and it will not work as soon as I plug it into my router it shuts down my entire internet on the farm  and can't find anyone at T-Mobile support that can tell me how to fix it. I have to unplug the cell spot and reboot my router to get my internet back again. Then if I hook up the cell spot again and have tried several times it takes my internet down every time. I'm thinking it must be a setting in my router or at my ISP but what do I know

All replies

• dragon1562

Re: cell spot problem

Who is your ISP? Also there is always the chance that its defective. Have you ever been able to get it to work within the 6months, or is this something that recently started happening?

• mbmaring

Are Local Phone company is the ISP Arvig in Ada MN and the cell spot has never worked like I said it brings down the entire internet at the farm. Cannot get to talk to anyone at t-moble they keep transfering me and then cutting me off

• dragon1562

Well I would try plugging it directly into the modem instead of your router. If it works that way than there is something up with the router. If it still doesn't work I would ask for a exchange unit.

• tmo_amanda

Hey, mbmaring!

Yikes! Did this recently just start? Or has it been going on for the entire 6 months you've had the coverage device? Have you tried using a different router or modem?

• tmo_mike_c

Hi there!

Amanda asked some really good questions. We do hope this was resolved for you, but please come back and let us know if you still need some help. Thanks.

• mbmaring

Cell spot Never has worked wifi calling is hit amd miss have the time it says not registered on network. Cell spot crashes our internet on entire farm and requires restarting dsl modem. Called tmoble when this first happened and they were nice but didn't know anything about the cell spot. Called last week and after being tranfered from support to business cause it's a business account and back again several times never getting to ask a question for 2 hours on the phone I gave up. Thinking it would be best to go back to AT&T as we never had a problem with support or with their mini towere

• tmo_marissa

mbmaring, we don't want to see you go -- but your last experience reaching out to us does sound incredibly frustrating. I know it's been a few days, so I'm not sure if you've been able to give it another shot. If you haven't yet, I think that at this point we may want to swap that CellSpot out. Did you have a chance to take a look at dragon1562's question about plugging the device into your modem?

• tmo_marissa

Hey there! Just wanted to check in once more. I know you've been having a super rough time with this, but we'd love to know if you've tested out the modem suggestion or had a chance to Contact Us to figure out if the CellSpot is the problem.

• tmo_amanda

Hello, mbmaring!

I just wanted to swing by to see if you have noticed any improvements. Also, have you had a chance to try dragon1562's suggestion of plugging the device directly into the modem? If not, give that a shot and let us know how that goes.

• jsprong

I have mine plugged directly into my ISP's modem. Not sure when but the 'network' light is orange and we do not have good coverage here again.

I've plugged-into the 9961 home cell v1 and get internet access, but my ISP's modem doesn't have a 'connected device' record, online or off, of this cell spot.