Why Verizon S6 Edge Plus  problems with T-Mobile???

thesilverman109

I live in a front facing window apartment in NYC and there is no shortage of cell phone towers here. I had great connectivity with Verizon and I don't understand why I cant get even 1 bar from my apartment now.  I need to stick my arm out of the window to make a phone call.  Also the service is not great while I am walking the streets.  My wife's phone is fine.  It can't be T-Mobile.  I know that the APN settings are correct, 'cause I went over them with Tech Support.  Are there any Verizon bloatware settings that I can disable to improve my ability to get a better signal? I was told by T-Mobile's Tech Support that My Verizon phone is compatible with T-Mobile.  When I went back to a Verizon Storefront, their Tech person, of course, said that my phone wasn't compatible.  I would appreciate any comments or suggestions....I am considering rooting my phone to get rid of all traces of Verizon.  Help...LOL

All replies

• dragon1562

LTE Band 13/4/2 (700/1700/1900 MHz) out of box; LTE Band 3/5/7 capable (1800/850/700 MHz);CDMA/1xEVDO Rev. A (800/1900 MHz);Global - EDGE/GSM (850/900/1800/1900 MHz), HSPA/UMTS(850/900/1900/2100 MHz)

The above is the LTE bands supported based off of the Samsung website for the Verizon model of the S6. So in short yes it is compatible with the T-mobile network to a degree. However, it is missing band 12 support which helps to fill in coverage gaps for things like buildings. It is also missing band 66 and 71. Band 66 uses unlicensed spectrum and has a short range usually in the forum of small cells, and usually picked up at stadiums/ airports. Band 71 is being deployed now across the nation but won't see NY for a while. If your wife's phone has better service in the same locations and is a Samsung device I would enter this code in the dialer to see what she is connecting to. The code is without the brackets (*#0011#). Screenshot the information and put it on the forum.

In the mean time you can get a signal booster for your home which should help with the coverage at that location.  I have also linked a page that shows the APN settings for your device just to be sure. Network, APN, and VoLTE: Samsung Galaxy S 6 edge  

I hope all the info helped, if you need more information or someone to look at something related to your account you will have to contact T-mobile directly whether it be over the phone or by messaging them on Social Media. Contact Us

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • thesilverman109

Thank you dragon1562... Its still Greek to me lol, but I am doing research online to find an inexpensive quality phone to use with T-Mobile.  I will use the info that you gave me to make a better decision. My wife has an IPhone, so I couldn't use her phone to run the test you suggested. When I run the test, I get this message....Connection problem or invalid MMI code.  I received a signal booster today and I have good service in my apartment now.  I'm not really sure what kind of service I will get when I walk through NYC considering my phones limitations. 

• dragon1562

When you says inexpensive, what do you consider that to be? I ask because One Plus makes some decent phones that work well on T-mobile and the Samsung Galaxy s7 has gone down in cost quite a bit. The best phone to get overall would be ether the LG v30 or the Galaxy S9 since these two phones support the new band 71. Just some suggestions for when you conduct research. Before you buy be sure to run it past the forum to ensure it fits the bill.

• tmo_chris

Just checking in here to see how things are going. dragon1562 offered up some pretty helpful information and suggestions and I wanted to see if you still had any concerns.