JUMP and Trade In at the Same Time

saelom

Can I benefit for the special offer to acquire the Galaxy S9+ if I do a JUMP from my Galaxy S8+(already paid half the balance) and also trade in a paid Galaxy S4 for the $200 in bill credits?

All replies

• dragon1562

Re: JUMP and Trade In at the Same Time

Starting March 1, 2018 at 9:01 p.m. PT, customers who order the Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9+ can save up to $360 via 24 monthly bill credits when they:

Trade in a qualifying device:

To save $360, trade in one of these qualifying devices:

Samsung Galaxy S8, Samsung Galaxy S8+, Samsung Galaxy S8 Active, Samsung Galaxy S7, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, Samsung Galaxy S7 Active, Samsung Note8, Apple iPhone 8, Apple iPhone 8 Plus, Apple iPhone 7, Apple iPhone 7 Plus, Apple iPhone 6s, Apple iPhone 6s Plus, LG V30, LG V30+

To save $200, trade in one of these qualifying devices:

Samsung Galaxy S6, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+, Samsung Galaxy S6 Active, Samsung Galaxy S5, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Note4, Samsung Note5, Apple iPhone 6, Apple iPhone 6 Plus, Apple iPhone 5s, Apple iPhone SE, LG G6, LG G5, LG V20

Purchase a Galaxy S9 or Galaxy S9+ on an Equipment Installment Plan (EIP)

Have or activate at least one voice line per device purchase

Pay any applicable taxes, fees on the device, and down payment at time of purchase. If you cancel wireless service, remaining balance on your smartphone may become due; contact us for details.

Eligible customers who mail in their trade-in device will receive the full promotional value via 24 monthly bill credits.

Eligible customers performing an in-store trade-in, instantly receive store credit for the trade-in value, with the remainder of your $360 or $200 savings via 24 monthly bill credits.

That is the info taken directly from T-mobile about the promotion. Based off everything I read I believe it may be feasible since your not combining it with other promotions like #getoutofred . However, to get a better answer that is more accurate I would call in and speak with a T-mobile rep or message the T-force team on Social Media. I say this because Jump is a little different from a normal EIP plan so I am not sure. Plus your not actually pre-ordering the phone at this point.

• tmo_marissa

Re: JUMP and Trade In at the Same Time

Hey, saelom! Thanks for asking this question -- I don't blame you for wanting to complete both a JUMP! and a trade-in to get the max benefit!
          That said, I wanted to jump (no pun intended) in and let you know ASAP that the representative you spoke with is correct. Legally there is a 1:1 ratio of trade-in per purchased device, so your S8+ counts as the trade-in in this situation -- we wouldn't be able to add an additional trade-in to the transaction in order for you to qualify for the promotion. I wanted to make sure to confirm your info before you moved forward with your upgrade!

We've got a pretty active Official Samsung Galaxy S9 & S9+ Pre-order Thread where I know we addressed this question, but you're also welcome to post any others you might have! We're trying to steer all of our S9 questions and concerns there to keep things tidy and make it easier for Community members to locate a single resource when searching. I'm going to lock this thread, but if you have any additional questions about ordering an S9+, please feel free to ask away on the official thread! Thank you for posting.