Trouble to connect data with new phone.

alexccc

I just recently change my phone from HTC one m8 to Samsung S9 but I am having issue with accessing internet with my data plan.

I had called the customer service 2 times last week, first time I was told to replace a sim card at the store so I did on the second day and paid $20.00 for it. The person in the store used his sim card on my phone and it works, so the phone is working. He advise me to call the customer service again.

I called again and the rep transfer me to Samsung to check the band the phone is using which it is working. I have tested it with a few of my friends over the weekend and my phone works on all their sim card (they are using T-mobile), but my sim card data only work on some phones.

I am not sure what's my next step as when I called I get to do all the troubleshooting again and they keep telling me it's most likely the phone is defective. 4 people include the t-mobile person who changed the card for me proofed that the phone is working. I really don't want to go through the process to ship my phone back for a replacement and find out the problem is not with the phone. Please advise, thank you.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Trouble to connect data with new phone.

Hmm, this is super odd, but I really appreciate you doing all the testing that you've done. I'm curious if you've noticed this only happening in a specific area or anywhere you try to use data? Might be worth it to double check your APN settings and make sure they are correct as well. Also, are you using a T-Mobile branded S9 or did you get it from somewhere else?

• tmo_amanda

Happy Friday, alexccc!

We really want to try to get to the bottom of why your S9 isn't getting the same data that other users are able to get. Please take a look at the questions Mike asked so we can figure out why this is happening.

• tmo_mike_c

Hello again.

Do you still need some help? Please take a look at my previous post and let us know if you need more assistance.

• alexccc

I went to one of the Tmobile store again last week and they were telling me the phone is defected. They suggest me to purchase one with T mobile store and return mine to Samsung. Since I was in the store so I went ahead and get it done, initially the phone I got was having the same problem so they finally call to the support line and figure out they have to change my data plan. It works for both phones so I would not be able to return it to Samsung. Ended up I had to pay $50.00 restocking fee.

With all these the only reason I am still staying is because I have a good deal with my grandfathered plan.

• alexccc

Yes, he changed, called the tech support on the same day and got it working. After we figure out it is the plan rather than the phone, I asked him to return the phone but he said I literary bought the phone already so a restocking fee would apply. I went home and contact Samsung to do the return, but they will only allow return for defective phone. So I went to another T mobile store closer to my work place to return the phone 2 days later, I didn't want to go back to the same store again.

• alexccc

Yes,  they took it back but not able to refund me the restocking fee as well.

• tmo_chris

If the phone was determined to be defective, we will not charge you the restocking fee. If you are able to make it back to that store, please do so and ask to speak with the manager and have them take a look at internal document DOC-416335#subhead3.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                    • alexccc

I guess you are too busy to understand the problem here. This is exactly what I had been dealing with T mobile with the whole issue, people try to give me a solution without really find out the problem. Anyway thanks for your help, I already gave up for the getting those money back.