Branched to a new discussion.

Not Receiving calls and delayed text messages

puffie300

Hi all, trying to find a resoultion to this issue that's been happening for the past 5 months. My phone is an unlocked HTC u11.

Randomly I will not receive calls when I have full bars. It doesn't show up as a missed call or anything. The person will message me on another messenger and when I call them back I usually get a bunch of text messages time-stamped from the past hour that I have also missed.

I will also randomly receive voicemails with no missed calls indicating that again, I've missed a call but it does not show up in my notifications .

I've tried all the resetting everything on my phone, I've disabled wifi calling and volte but the problem persists. Has anyone experienced this and had it fixed?

All replies

• dragon1562

This kind of issue happens across all carriers. The reasons for which can vary and would  require someone with the tools necessary to look at things for you. So basically I would call or message the team force team and explain the issue to them. I would also pay close attention to when this happens so that maybe a pattern can be formed. For example, delayed texts only occur when messengering person X from Verizon. Or maybe delayed messages only occur while messaging iPhone users.

You can reach T-force by dialing 611 on your phone or over social media like Facebook/Twitter.

• tmo_mike_c

I appreciate all the testing you've done and I wish it was resolved. I'm not 100% familiar with this phone, but do you have the option to change the band to 2G, 3G, or 4G to see if messages and calls work a little better? It can be kinda tricky getting something like this resolved but this is another good test to see if it's related to a certain frequency.

• magenta4321385

Mike, yes there are settings in the Galaxy S7 to switch my phone to 3G or 2G.  I will test under these bands tomorrow and report back.

FYI, someone from DriveMode support has reached out to me with an initial set of questions and suggestions. His suggestions didn't help, but I provided a more detailed description of the issue, which fortunately is consistently repeatable. Waiting to hear back from him, which I assume will not be until after the weekend. I'll let you know if we make any progress determining what the issue is.

It really surprises me there isn't more online discussion to be found regarding this problem...  it's like I'm the only one having this issue, but it's hard for me to believe that's the case.

• bruble73

you aren't the only one, I have the same issues that started recently both at home and while at work.  Resetting the phone tonight and will try and roll back to a previous build if I need to.

Phone is Huawei Honor 6X BLN-L24

• wamasea

There is a lot of online discussion about this same problem.  We have 3 phones w/T-Mobile service and we are all 3 having the same exact problem.  One phone is a T-Mobile and the other 2 are not.  Sometimes a call will ring thru, but it has gotten to be most of the calls don't.  We are testing using the 3 calls from different locations and it happens everywhere we go.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • tmo_amanda

Hey, puffie300!

I'm just swinging by to see if you've had a chance to look over the replies from dragon1562 or tmo_mike_c. We want to try to figure out what's going on with your HTC u11 and why you're missing calls and texts. Please get back to us when you can.

• puffie300

tmo_mike_c I tried changing the band to none LTE and the problem persists. Im going to call the support team on the weekend when I have another phone to call from. I'll report back with more information after that .

• tmo_marissa

Hi, puffie300 and bruble73! Just wanted to check in once more on your respective issues and see if there were any updates!

• elhombre55

Happens to me constantly. So far, all advice from TMobile Support has just wasted my time.

• magenta4901095

I recently started having this exact problem. I thought It could be a problem with my phone, so I have tried: restarting, power off & restart, and default factory reset. And I continue to have this exact problem. Can someone please help? 

• magenta5002784

Same issue here across our 4 T Mobile lines as well as my kids 4 line plan and various friends on T-Mobile.  Phones vary from LG G6, Samsung Galaxy J , Huawei 7 as well as BLU Life One X2, Alcatel Idol and BLU Vivo XL3.

Phones suddenly show voicemails without a missed call notification. Text message disappear into nowhere or show up days later.  Callers say that they got ringing up to 6 times before it goes to voicmail and the physical phone never rang!

Worked with a local TM store and they changed out Sim cards on my 2 phones without any effect.  We can sit next to one another testing texting and my messages ago thru and hers disappear or the other way around.

This is not isolated to a phone, as so may people we deal with have this issue.  As far as I can tell, it started in January 2018 here in the Orlando FL area and has been getting worse.

BTW

, we did factory reset phones, rebooted and are using stock dailers.  So frustrated, investigating other carrier!

• deminsd

Same issue here in San Diego.  Android phone also.  Wonder if iPhone's (with iMessage) would fare better?

The disappearing call thing is bizarre, though...rings on the calling phone, but the called phone is doing nothing.

TM is acting like they never heard of this, but I'm guessing the problem is much more common than they want to admit.

• emmanuelsa

Having same issues on San Antonio, TX on an LG g6. Resetting and rebooting does nothing. Wonder if this has to do with the lawsuit they lost in the Midwest for fake rings sounds for calls that never went through  Perhaps the network isn't nearly as large and reliable as they claim. Getting really pissed off here.

• magenta5200731

I don't think it is Puffie's phone, IMHO there is some problems with the TMO network, possibly introduced with the recent upgrades. All the same problems others are reporting, starting in the past few months. Seems completely random. May have something to do with where the caller is on the network.

In Houston 77096. Using an Honor 6x which I got last summer along with a new TMO sim for my number that's been on the network for years. It does 4g.

Yesterday's typical example of what has been going on for a month or two:

Got several texts from my daughter in New Orleans 350mi away in the early morning with no apparent problem. Called the wife in the Texas Medical Center 8-10 miles away.mid-morning. Later got a call from someone. All normal. In the afternoon, wife texted me while leaving work about 3pm. Nothing on my phone. When she got home, she said she had also tried to call on the way home but they had gone to voicemail. She usually complains that during similar calls, she gets a voice message that I am out of the TMO calling area even though I am sitting in my usual spot.

When she got home, I checked my voicemail and found that someone had left a voicemail even though my phone didn't ring and the phone's call log shows no calls. I called the person back and he said he had called within the previous hour which would have been 2-3pm.

After the wife got home, the text messages she had sent while leaving work finally arrived about a half hour late.

I checked her usage on the TMO site and it didn't show the outgoing calls she said she made.

A typical afternoon on TMO.

• magenta5200731

Just wanted to revise my previous post a little in case it helps with troubleshooting. Just checked the wife's calls using the TMO account website:

The two calls she says she made to me and I never received do appear on her call log there. They do not appear on mine.

The text message I received from her at about 3pm does not show up in her usage log.

The call from a 3rd party that resulted in a voicemail to me does not appear in my usage log, even though I have the voicemail.

• el_profesor

This problem is not just for TMO but also its resellers. Here in southern Indiana I also have lycamobile, which uses the TMO network, with a galaxy S7 and some LG G4s.  I have the same problems with callers saying they tried to call me, but my phone never rings.  The callers get a "this facility is not available for the subscriber" message, as I disabled my lycamobile voicemail.  Sometimes the calls go through, and sometimes not, even just minutes apart and with the phone in the same location.  It affects my wife's lycamobile phone as well.  For a while here the tower would even drop periodically so the phone said "no service", which could be fixed by toggling airplane mode on and off.  My mother has lycamobile in San Diego and has been having the same trouble. TMO fixed that now, but the problem with calls not being received is still an issue.

My workaround solution has been to use a google voice number, then have it ring both my cell number and my google hangouts app directly.  This allows me to get calls over wifi or LTE, even if the phone service itself won't ring.  If everything is working, an incoming google voice call will ring both my phone and my hangouts app, and I can choose which way to take the call.  In the last few weeks (months, really) I've had a lot of calls to my google voice number that ring only my google hangouts app, but the phone itself doesn't ring.  That means the phone is working fine, but TMO network and towers are failing to get the call through.  At least I can get calls with google voice and hangouts app.  TMO really needs to get their towers and network fixed so calls go through.  All this expanded coverage is fine, but it seems to be stretching the tech back end too thin.

• magenta5200731

Just experienced it again. Business call that I only found out about because I checked voicemail and found it. Now having to frequently check it. Am letting business contacts know about it in case I don't respond to calls or text messages. I bet many more have the problem than realize it. It took me a couple of months before I found this thread and realized it's not just me.

This could be a serious business problem for TMO if it's not fixed. Who wants a cell phone they can't rely on?

• lagabbana

I am experiencing the same issue. I was expecting a technician from 9 AM and 10 AM. I have been staring at the phone for the entire hour pretty much, since I was aware of how some phonecalls are not received at all. I didn't see anything on my phone by like 9:50 AM and decided to make a call to the technician. Then, my phone all of a sudden showed a few missed calls and voicemails. I am using the unlimited prepaid plan($50/month). Is this happening because t-mobile gives low priority for the prepaid plans?

• magenta5200731

From my experience, T-Mo is very concerned about support. They have spent a lot of time on my problem.

I don't know about your incident, but from what I can tell, this is a systemwide bug, probably a programming error. Intermittent problems are often the hardest to fix because the person trying to fix the problem can't reproduce it and see it.

At this point, I am getting some repetitive questions from the support team on twitter and just keep supplying what information I can in hopes something will click.

When someone finally figures out the cause, there will be a huge facepalm.

• magenta5253566

i have the same problem for about 2-3 months now.  I have called them twice so far.  Once when i called they said their tower updates was not updated on my number in our family plan.  that didn't fix the problem.  The second time i called them starting over to the explain the problem, which ended useless wasting my time.  Has anyone received any response back to any of these forum users from Tmobile tech support?

Now after seeing this thread seriously thinking of changing to a different network.  

• ankurmisra

Same problem here. I was in the middle of planning something today and thought the person was ignoring me and got in a fight. then 5 hours later get 5 texts from the person to find out they were replying the whole time and were also trying to call me - i never got a missed call or even a notification about a missed call.  Then I recalled over the last month this has been happening..

This is alarming and shocking that such a big issue is not only unresolved but also experienced by many others. #t-mobile Please resolve ASAP or i am jumping ship to a new carrier very soon.

• magneta85

I've been having this issue too, since at least February 2018 when I missed a bunch of urgent calls and texts from multiple family members. Since then, it's been happening randomly -- sometimes texts are received immediately and sometimes it's a delay of anywhere from 5 min to over an hour. Multiple contacts (people in my phone, random callers, 2-factor authentication bots) and multiple locations (home, work, coffee shops, restaurants, inside, outside); there's no discernible pattern. Sometimes the phone doesn't ring either and no missed call in the log; I just get a voicemail notification and then come to find out I have, like, 10 or 15 voicemail. No idea how many business-related calls I'm missing from people who don't leave a voicemail. I'm in a large city and my phone shows good reception but is seems to disconnect from the network periodically. Tried clearing the cache and restarting the phone as recommended by T-mobile, no help.

It's not happening with other family members on my plan (one of whom had the exact same phone as me until last month), and I'm not aware of it happening to friends on Tmobile/other networks, so I thought it was just my phone until I found this and other threads complaining about this issue and T-mobile's lack of response. I've been a T-mobile customer since 2008 but I'm thinking of leaving because of this.

• amandah1425

My Husband and I have been having the exact same problem. It started a few months ago randomly here and there with our Samsung phones. We recently got new Huawei phones and the problem seems to have intensified recently. And we are both missing extremely important phone calls and texts message between each other and with other people on other networks. It's extremely frustrating. With our upcoming move and our family being separated for several weeks we would hate to miss interactions with each other and our kids. Not to mention important phone calls for appointments and moving companies.

• tikdoff

This has just started to happen here. I'd say half my texts are delayed, which makes the service useless for me. My leading suspect is the merger with Sprint. Reading the recent replies here makes it clear it is not the brand of the phone.

I've begun sending myself texts from another phone and my experiment doesn't look good. Like I said, half the texts are delayed. The delays so far have been up to a half hour.

Maybe if enough people complain and if enough switch, the company will get the idea.

• magenta5200731

Just had another occurrence of the text delay.

One problem is you generally don't know when it happens unless there's some circumstance that alerts you to the delay. Had what seemed like a normal set of messages with a neighbor this morning. 

But then wife just walked in from work and at almost the same time I got a text from her that she had sent a half hour earlier to let me know she was on her way.

• magenta4993909

Same problem here. Started about 6 months ago (no problem for many years) and I am now at the point where I'll have to look for a new carrier, even if they charge a little more. Any recommendations?

• magenta5200731

Unfortunately, this has occured to me even though Ihad been a satisfied customer for serveral years until this started. Have had several more occurrences over the last 2 days where I hear a voicemail has arrived and it's from the wife after her call went to voicemail without ringing.

TMO support has been conscientious in following up, but I think it's some problem in the network that is hard to find because it is intermittent.

What phone or phones do you use?

• magenta4993909

I am using an unlocked LG G5. Didn't purchase it from T-Mobile and customer support had the nerve to suggest that I buy a new phone from them. I wonder if they realize that a new phone costs close to 1K these days.

• magenta4993909

I just called T-Mobile to ask for a Signal Booster in the hopes that this will fix my problem. Because I was previously told that I couldn't get one because I am using a phone not purchased from T-Mobile, I expected very little. Turns out this latest representative was exceedingly helpful and sent a booster right away and even waved the shipping fee. Thank You T-Mobile! Now let's hope that the booster makes a difference.

• deminsd

magenta4993909 wrote:

I just called T-Mobile to ask for a Signal Booster in the hopes that this will fix my problem. Because I was previously told that I couldn't get one because I am using a phone not purchased from T-Mobile, I expected very little. Turns out this latest representative was exceedingly helpful and sent a booster right away and even waved the shipping fee. Thank You T-Mobile! Now let's hope that the booster makes a difference.

What was your problem that you think a signal booster will fix?  For most people, their phones support WiFi calling, which uses any WIFI that you are connected to instead of cellular service.  With that, no signal booster is needed.  Not to mention, you can't take a signal booster with you, so when you leave your house, then what?  For the issue this post is about, it clearly isn't a signal issue.  It's a service issue.

• bpants

Re: Not Receiving calls and delayed text messages

Just adding myself to this list as well. My wife and I just switch to T-Mobile 2 days ago and we're already seeing text's that don't go through till hours later. We both have new Samsung Galaxy S9's. At this point I almost want to return everything before it's to late and switch to someone else.

• smile9731

Recently switch to Tmobile from AT&T and I'm having the same issue with my HTC U11 plus.

I'm able to make calls but when I first dial a number it would have 10ish seconds of silence before it starts ringing. When people trying to call me, I would be using my phone and suddenly see a voicemail notification without the phone ringing at all.

Tried all the solutions above and no luck. Also checked my call settings ( HTC U11 - Troubleshooting - I can't receive any calls | Vodafone Ireland ) the issue persists.

• smile9731

Hi,

just an update

I went to a store and they swap out my sim card but that didn't fix the issue.

I've also tried online customer service, she asked me to try adding a new APNs and restart my phone but it still doesn't work.

BYOD T-Mobile data & APN settings

• magenta5200731

Had a few more occurences yesterday:

in the morning I went to my bank's website. With 2 factor authentication enabled (a very good idea), it wanted to text me a code.Said ok. Code never arrived.

I eventually went back in and told it to email me. Worked fine.

When the wife got home about 3:30 pm, she complained that she had called and texted when she left work. Call went straight to voicemail and she was so disgusted she didn't bother leaving one. Suspect many more are having the problem, but if the caller doesn't leave voicemail, they don't know about it.

She also said that she had texted me when she left work.Sure enough, a few minutes after she arrive, the messages from the bank and from her arrived. the one from her was maybe 30 minutes late. The one from the bank was more delayed, maybe an hour. Of course, the timestamp on both was when I received them, not when they were sent.

Wonder if ATT has any cheap plans? Had been very happy with TMO for years, but a phone you can't rely isn't worth it.

• magenta5200731

FWIW. Occurred to me that this must be some sort of routing issue. The wife sometimes gets a message that I am out of the calling area before the call goes to voicemail. Perhaps, the network is trying to route the call to another network and can't find me, even though I'm sitting at the house.

My daughter had a number that had belonged to another family. Her Walgreens prescription account kept showing a previous owners name. Walgreens put her number in and the other family showed up, even though she had the number for a couple of years. Seemed like it must have  been a problem with the Walgreen's database, but on further investigation, there appeared to be some other database that contained it. No one seemed to be able to do anything about it.

Is there some central database of cell numbers?

Was just poking around with the history of my number and it showed up as originally being with Cingular, which then became ATT wireless before I switched to Verizon for a few years because coverage by Cingular/ATT in New Orleans was so bad. Eventually switched to TMO.

No idea how that could start causing problems over the past 6-8 months, but TMO support doesn't have any better suggestions.

Don't know if many are still watching this thread or if they have left TMO as I am considering, but what is the history of the numbers that have been acting up?

• nick120

Same issue here but already for about a year. Callers get directly into VM. If they leave a message it mostly shows within a few minutes but no missed call displayed. Contacted tech support a couple of times and was recommended to do a factory reset and to get a newer phone if this does not work. I am using a Galaxy S5 which I am replacing with an S9 due to these issues. Talked last week to a colleague of mine who is using a 2 year old iPhone and he has the same issues. So the problem does not seem to be related to certain phone models or only older phones.

• keysgate

do not let TMO mess with your phone it will be a complete waste of time. this is a network issue happening everywhere and until they realize this it will continue.

• magenta5200731

Agreed. Support has been attentive, but they are out of ideas. The problem has been reported in all brands of phones, even an iPhone recently.

They wanted me to swap sims with my old Windows phone that I barely use and so haven't experienced the problem, but it would have been a real pain, esp. Since my daily driver Honor 6x is much faster than my old flagship Lumia 950. The Honor's camera ain't very good, but it is speedy.

Anyways, have thought from early on it was a network issue. Since it's intermittent, it's probably hard ot diagnose.5% discount making it even cheaper than our old grandfathered in family plan. Hate to leave as support has been good on TMO, but a phone that's not reliable isn't worth much.

• magenta5200731

No improvement here and it can have bad consequences. Friday was sitting in my chair and got a call from a lawyer I help out. She complained of trying to call several times previously. Clients were sitting in her office to sign paperwork I had prepared and a question came up.

Looked at my voicemail and sure enough, there were two voicemails from within the previous hour. After we spoke, I called her back a couple of times to make sure there weren't any more missed calls.

Seriously need to look into another carrier. Consumer Cellular runs on the ATT network and gets good ratings from Consumer Reports.

• magenta5200731

More problems this afternoon. Couldn't find my phone tho I knew it was somewhere in the house. Used my wife's phone to call it, but it would not ring. Went to voicemail.  Eventually found it otherwise. The phone did not show any of the 3 calls that went to voicemail.

Disappointing news about Consumer Cellular: they used to run only on ATT's network. Now they use TMO too, so switching would not guarantee an escape from the TMO network problem

Will try the FCC. https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us

• djdeito

Same issue here.  There are times when my wife calls me but i dont receive the call.  She would then tell me she had called me several times but my phone does not show missed calls from her. this happens also when i call her. we both have tmobile service.  other times i would get a voicemail notification although my phone hasnt ring.  the above issue occurs when my phone is in service with full bar reception. 

• ys12

I missed an important anticipated call today. The phone didn't ring, no missed call even though I patiently waited beside the phone. The caller had left a message and I came to know about it an hour later only after I emailed them.

I called T mobil's customer service and they mentioned changing the settings (on their end) so I won't miss call in future but I'm skeptical based on above responses.

This is unacceptable, seriously considering changing the carrier

• mfarley281

Just chiming to say that our family is experiencing the same problem. All 3 of us are on the same plan, but only I am experiencing the issue.

Me = Galaxy S7

Wife = Galaxy S9+

Daughter = Some cheap Android

I'm having the exact symptoms described in this thread. My phone reports that it's on the network just fine, but sometimes the calls go straight to voicemail or the texts arrive very late. I can get the phone "back online" by sending a text. Usually the first attempt to send the text fails, and then when I retry the send, my text goes, and then I receive all the texts I had been missing.

• magentalithium

From a week of experimentation, I can agree with you that the phone returns to an online-like state, where texts and calls from others will immediately appear, by sending a text or a call, whether that be a text/call to yourself or another person. However, the phone remains in that state for varying periods of time, anywhere from around 2 to 6 hours. Then, I would have to text/call in order to return to that state. Otherwise, I would receive delayed texts and fail to receive calls.

At least for my experiments, turning on/off airplane mode or connecting to 4G also returns the phone to that state. I have not tried leaving 4G on or disconnecting 4G to determine if it fixes the issue. I conclude that the phone reconnects to the network in some way from performing these actions.

• magenta3367722

I have been experiencing this issue today all day. Multiple people called my wife to see why i was not answering the phone nor replying back to texts. I restarted the phone multiple times, removed the sim, reinserted sim, restarted the phone and the issue continues. I call myself from my landline and i am not able to receive the call. I went to the T-mobile site, had to reset my password to get in, and texted myself a temp password to test. It was 10 minutes before it came in and i received the message 6 times.  Same password - same timestamp.

I powered down phone, inserted sim into a different phone that i have and although I could make calls, i still could not receive calls on a totally different phone. No text messages either. Working for almost 30 years in telecom, i am now certain this is not a phone issue and feel pretty confident that this is a network issue. It cant be my account because all other phones in the account work properly.

T-Mobile, can you advise if there is a network issue or if there is an existing ticket open to your network engineers?

• iaokim

I've been having the same problems for a while now. I first noticed it around March and the problem has followed me over from two different Tmobile devices. Many people that I know who have Tmobile have been having the same problems. I called the Tech Center but they were unable to give me a definitive solution other than buying a new Tmobile phone as a possible solution. It still happens seemingly at random. I haven't had any major problems with Tmobile since I switched to them from Verizon, but not knowing whether someone is calling you is a major deal breaker. After many years with Tmobile, I am about ready to give Verizon another try.

• magenta5200731

Same problems continue here. Wife told me this afternoon she tried to call me twice from a few miles away and it told her I was out of the calling area. Of course, I was sitting at home like usual. That's a variation on going straight to voicemail. Reinforces my thoughts that it's some routing issue where it can't find our phones to give us the call. Would also explain delayed SMS; the message is held til the network can find your phone,

I am going to file a complaint with the FCC. Legere is a good CEO and once he receives some complaints from the FCC, I expect he'll put enough resources on it to get it fixed. Only problem I see is the form has limited categories of problems and ours are not in it. Will try anyway. Suggest others do also.

https://consumercomplaints.fcc.gov/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=39744

• legacymagentamember

Long time customer here and I have had the same issue just yesterday. My wife who is on sprint showed me 12 outgoing calls from her phone to mine and I received no missed calls or voicemails and all the text messages she sent in a 2 hour span came in at the same time. I have had issues where group texts were not coming in and when they do the messages were never in order. Pictures being sent through text (MMS) is a whole other pain point. I have had 4 different devices all suffering the same issues over the span of 3 years now and I've had the sim card replaced so it is highly unlikely that the device is the problem. I'm a loyal customer since the days of voicestream but at this point the money i save compared to having verizon seems like im sacrificing what I need from my carrier.

• sm1689

My wife and I had the same problems (incoming calls went straight to voicemail and delay receiving text messages) for a while. We went to T-Mobile store and had SIM cards replaced, but the problems were not resolved. Out of frustration, I switched from 4G LTE to 2G for both our phones, we have been able to receive calls without any problem and text message delay without delay for more than two weeks now. Personally, I think that all the subject problems are related to T-Mobile 4G LTE itself. T-Mobile may have introduced bugs into its 4G LTE during the latest update by accident (?).

• magenta5200731

Sounds like yours may be an important clue. What good are current cell phones with only 2G. I don't think John Legere would crow about "the best 2G network!"

BTW another verified delayed text last night. Usually, it's hard to tell. Got a text at 8:55pm. Considering the sender, thought it was odd and asked when ht sent it. 5:22pm.

Suggest more people contact the FCC as per my previous message. TMO support has been very responsive even if they haven't been able to provide a solution. I suspect that, like in most big organizations, there is a limit on how many resources they can get bring to bear. A little outside shove might help.

• bookworm17

I want to thank everyone who took time to post about this issue--what a relief to know I was not an isolated case.  Calls going straight to voice mail, disappearing texts, etc. have been an ongoing problem for me and the 3 other phone lines covered on my plan for months now.  T-Mobile customer service has been polite, helpful, and supportive, cheerfully checking out solutions and even sending out two free cell phone signal boosters for myself and my parents (who are on my plan but live 45 min away).  BUT---NOTHING HAS WORKED!  There has been no resolution.  The final straw was when my mom could not reach my dad to come pick her up after she was finished at the doctor's office.  His phone would just not ring! My last call to T-Mobile resulted in a trouble ticket #20767332 issued Aug 27, 2018.  The tech person ran remote diagnostics on the cell phone and signal boosters and everything checked out.  I was told this was a "network issue' and that it would be referred to their engineers.  I was to allow at least 3 days for review of this ongoing issue but have heard nothing back.  My parents are unable to call me and I am unable to call them because the calls will just not go through.  This is unacceptable---I am paying for a service that is nonexistent. My parents need to be able to get in touch with me during an emergency and I need to be able to reach them to check in.  I have been a loyal TMobile customer since 2007 but I am now choosing to switch to another carrier.  I hope that relating my experience is as helpful to you all as reading about yours was for me.

• ys12

Not sure when t-mobil will fix this. Lately customer service told me to delete old messages to make room for new(never received) messages, DIDN'T WORK.

Will they take action when people loose important calls from loved ones, calls from work or a doctor missing calls from patients, a businessman never receiving calls from customers?

Wondering if t-mobil will reimburse people who lose patients/business because of issues with their network or when t-mobil starts getting sued in such cases?

Seriously thinking about emailing the CEO, found his email on twitter(link below), hoping the address is correct and he gets the email. Maybe others should email him too.

John Legere on Twitter: "Email me John.legere@t-mobile.com… "

• ars1951

I have the same thing happen to me. I received an emergency text from my work via Hangouts (my back-up) concerning a closing wrt hurricane Florence. The text on my i-phone via T-Mobile did not show up (my primary alert phone)! I tried calling my i-phone from another phone and it wouldn't ring. Then I called that other phone from my i-phone and it went thru and then the text showed up. With the hurricane approaching, T-mobile needs to clean up their problems with their network! It is not acceptable that people can be reached by phone or text!

• magenta6152876

Yeah this sucks. I was primary on-call tonight. Because I've missed calls in the past I added all my family's numbers to be called on Pager Duty. Tonight I got paged. First two phones didn't get called but the third did. Only problem was the 3rd phone was 2 miles away. And since the 3rd phone couldn't forward the call to 1st or 2nd phones, I didn't acknowledge the page. Thanks T-Mobile. I don't remember this being a problem on other networks. Will advise others about this issue until it's resolved.

• drmedin1

Same problem with my phone.  It just started 2-3 months ago for me.  Delayed texts, phone won't ring when someone calls, no missed call notification, long delay when i try to call out.  I thought maybe i need a new phone... maybe i need a new phone service carrier.  It's terrible!  My wife works across the street from our house and today she tries to call me... I'm at the house... no call received!  So she tries to text me... got the text 1/2 hour later!  NOT COOL!

• abhijeet.gautam1905@gmail.com

I moved from AT&T to T-Mobile and the same issue has persisted since the move to T-mobile. Me and my wife have One Plus 3 and One Plus One and caller often complain that they reach our voice mails directly without any ring. We do receive voice mails sometimes, but not always. It;s really annoying and despite communicating with the tech guys no resolution so far. Note that we used the same phones with AT&T and never cames across this issue. I have tried switching bands, choosing only 3G and 2G networks, but the same issue persists. My wife has not been able to setup banking alerts as she would never receive authentications codes from her bank. Not sure how long I would continue with this, but I wish i hadn't made the move from AT&T.