Solved

Return status has not changed

• 13 March 2018
  • 9 replies

I signed up with T-mobile the last week of February.  One week later, I received a notification that to be part of the Apple BOGO offer I needed to send in my trade-in in and another email with my trade-in due date.  When I accessed my T-mobile account, I did not see anything about returning my phone or a printing a shipping label.  I did call T-mobile customer service a week after receiving the phones and was provided a shipping label to NRC 13704 Independence Parkway Fort Worth, Tx and no further instructions.  At the bottom of that shipping label I see a description of Electronic Equipment Return Service.  I packed my phone with only a copy of the email I had gotten from T-mobile confirming my trade-in amount and account phone number. When I checked the tracking number, I see that it reached that warehouse on 3/8.  However, I did not see a change in my trade-in status.  Then on 3/10, I did notice that now in My T-mobile it now has instructions and link to the shipping label.  This shipping label is to Assurant @ 627 Willow Spring Lane, Ste A.  York, PA.  It also has a RMA # and barcode which were not included with my shipment.  My question is my phone at the correct location?  It appears that the Customer Service rep had me ship it to the returns location instead of the trade-in location..  If it is not at the correct location, will T-mobile get it there to provide me my trade in and rebate?  Will I eventually get my trade-in value and rebate?  As I look at other post on this form I am freaked out because it seems that T-mobile has a history of rejecting rebates over things like this.  Since I have 12 days till my trade-in is do, I want to make sure that if there is anything I can do to make sure I can do to get this rebate and trade-in value.

icon

Best answer by tmo_marissa 14 March 2018, 01:32

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 3

Oh, yikes, @starman1975​! I am glad that you reached out here. The NRC isn't the appropriate return center for trade-in devices, but our internal teams do have an escalation process they can use to return a device sent to the return center (the NRC) instead of the Assurant warehouse where trade-in equipment should go (with the label you found in MyTMO). We'll need any tracking information you have for the package you did send, and the IMEI of the phone you were trading in (which should be on that RMA label so you don't have to hunt for it!). If calling in isn't the easiest for you, I highly recommend working with our T-Force team -- they're the social media support team on Twitter and Facebook, and can securely verify your account and get this escalation filed for you! 😊 We don't want you to lose your BOGO, and these things happen. It's awesome that you noticed the label so quickly and reached out!

Same thing is happening to me.  Same Apple BOGO offer.

I called Tmobile and they sent me a UPS label for NRC.

I have not sent the trade-in phone yet.  But I don't have any link to Assurant. 

Who should I contact?

Userlevel 3

Hey, @magenta4824499​ -- I'm sorry for the delayed reply here! If you completed your trade-in at the same time as your iPhone order; then you should already have a label generated, and I'm very sorry to read that we sent you a label to the NRC instead. Have you tried using these steps to locate your trade-in label on MyT-Mobile? If that's not working, are you active on social media? If so, can you please reach out to our T-Force team via Twitter or Facebook -- you can use the links below my signature. Please tell them that you need your RMA Label to ship your trade-in device. We should be able to look up your offer history and possibly send a link to the label your way.

Hi, that happen to me too. I received a new Iphone 8 Plus and I had to send the damaged one back. But they didn't send me the label or the instructions of where i should send it. I had to call T-Mobile and they sent me a new UPS tag with this NRC direction. I sent it back but now appears as if I haven't sent back the damage phone and they are charging me the new one. I don't know what to do?

I am in the same situation, still working in finding my package I’ve talked to many representatives nothing yet! Any results with your situation?

Same thing just happened to me.  No instruction.  UPS just emailed me a label.  No mention of T-Mobile.  I had to google the shipping address to see what it was.  Then I cam across this post.  Terrible customer experience.  How can I get this resolved without spending 30 minutes on the phone trying to explain to a new person that I need to send my phone in so I can get credit?

Oh, yikes, @starman1975​! I am glad that you reached out here. The NRC isn't the appropriate return center for trade-in devices, but our internal teams do have an escalation process they can use to return a device sent to the return center (the NRC) instead of the Assurant warehouse where trade-in equipment should go (with the label you found in MyTMO). We'll need any tracking information you have for the package you did send, and the IMEI of the phone you were trading in (which should be on that RMA label so you don't have to hunt for it!). If calling in isn't the easiest for you, I highly recommend working with our T-Force team -- they're the social media support team on Twitter and Facebook, and can securely verify your account and get this escalation filed for you! 😊 We don't want you to lose your BOGO, and these things happen. It's awesome that you noticed the label so quickly and reached out!

How to reach T-Force? I went to T-moible facebook and sent them the message? So far no response. Is that the right way?

You are not alone.  This happened to me too!  T-mobile sent me an email with a link to the shipping instructions.  The link didn’t work and took me to a blank screen.  I then called customer service and the rep emailed a return label.  My wife and I needed to mail back our old phones to take advantage of the promotion deal.  Unfortunately, the rep instructed me to use the same shipping label twice, one for my wife’s iPhone, and one for mine.  Guess what?  One phone arrived, the other one hasn’t.  T-mobile did a TERRIBLE job fixing the problem.  It is still technically not resolved.  Each time I phoned about this (a dozen times total) the agent I spoke to would review the files and then state that the matter would be investigated.  After two months, I finally got them to agree to simply credit me with a gift card the amount of the trade-in while they investigate.  Although they agreed to this, I have still not received the credit.  If I don’t, I plan to seek legal counsel and go after T-mobile legally.  It was a mistake to leave my former service provider for T-mobile.  I plan to switch back once I am past the contract commitment.

i sent my i phone 11 as trade in with crefits of 830 and  still changing me $34.59 dollars for two year for the new trade in i phone 12 , i spoke with the alredy 8 T mobile expert but nothing . even T mobile store will not help you if your make you transaction online or phone

i got problem with T moble since i swithed