Oneplus 3T without service.

miquiztli

I've been using the same phone for over a year now and this morning the phone doesn't have service anymore.

The APN setup is OK but it look like the phone can't sign up on the network.

I tried removing the sim card and us it on the other slot of the phone but it didn't work.

I even made a factory reset of the phone.

Nothing is working.

Please help.

All replies

• dragon1562

Re: Oneplus 3T without service.

Can you still connect to wifi calling? Is there another device that you can test with the sim to ensure that the sim card itself did not go bad? If you can't test with another device I would run to the store and try swapping for a fresh sim. If still no service than it is something phone related more likely or not. However, while your at the store you can ask if there is a potential outage in the area, and maybe get some assistance in trouble shooting.

• miquiztli

I went to a store and look like the phone is not supported anymore by T-Mobile.

The IMEI check gave me the same information.

How is it possible! For one year, everything was fine and suddenly, it is not supported anymore?

And of course I can't get a straight answer from T-Mobile or a solution.

I guess I will have to change carrier. To bad, I never had to complain.

• miquiztli

Just got a reply from T-Mobile.

Because of network update ...bla bla bla.. the phone is not supported anymore.

Time to change carrier now.

Thanks dragon1562 for taking time to respond to this post.

• dragon1562

Ok I am sorry and a bit confused though. I still think this is something that can be resolved if you can answer some questions. You said nothing was working on the device which made me think it was the phone. Later posts have mentioned cell coverage, if it was coverage based than the phone should still get some form of service. I'm not saying the reps are wrong, I don't even know where you are but I feel like we skipped a few steps to this conclusion.

Especially since I have a buddy with the one plus 3T up at State College, PA and the phone works fine.

• miquiztli

I really don't mind answering questions as I want to keep this phone. I love it.

Go ahead.

• dragon1562

So first I want to know if the phone itself works normally. I.e can you still connect to your home internet and do normal web browsing and such. I also want to know if the Wi-Fi calling functionality is still present? If it is not then I believe this may be a issue with T-mobile on there end or something went wrong with the APN settings on the phone. Which I would also like you to try checking. Also have you tried various locations to see if it can get a signal because it should at the very least pick up on Edge even if they did upgrades.

• miquiztli

The phone works correctly when I'm connected to my home wifi.

I can browse, use instagram or other web connected app.

I can also call, use text and whatsapp when using WIFI Calling.

I checked the APN myself and in store and everything looks correct.

I also tried from New York City and 16 miles away in New Jersey. And I still can't connect to T-Mobile network.

Strangely, the phone recognize there is a Sim Card as it see my phone number and shows the APN automatically.

• dragon1562

Hmm this doesn't make any sense at all. The phone supports bands 2,4, and 12 for the T-mobile network and wifi calling is working as it should so whatever service issues are going on can not possibly be due to upgrades. Otherwise other devices would be suffering from the issues. Like I said before I know for a fact that the One Plus 3T works perfectly fine on the network because I have a friend at State College, PA that uses it just fine and connects to bands 2,4 and 12 here which are the same being used in NY. Plus 2g(E) would not have changed and you should still be able to connect to that. I know the phone is pretty old so you are probably out of warranty but is it feasible to test your sim with another Oneplus device or contact Oneplus support with the issue.

I would also ask T-mobile to make sure everything is provisioned correctly on there end if you can.

• miquiztli

I don't know any other person with a oneplus.

I tried to use 2 different AT&T sim card and neither of those worked.

I have the same issue. No connection to the network but the correct APN are automatically detected.

I contacted T-mobile and the answer was: "because of network update, this phone is not supported anymore but you can buy a new one in a T-mobile store."