SMS messages not recieved

magenta4368866

Our company uses Network Fleet for GPS and there alerts can be set to send SMS messages for violations or information to specific people.  For a couple years now i have gone back and forth with Network Fleet and Tmobile for why most of the messages are not received on my end.  Both point fingers for who it concerns and i could not get anywhere.  I have since added other employees to receive the messages, one on ATT the other Verizon.  Comparing the results, the 2 T-mobile phones do not receive the messages where ATT and Verizon does.  This makes me believe that Tmobile does filter or block the messages somehow.  I have verified with my account with tmobile that there is no blocking set for my account.  I would like to get some suggestions to get this fixed so that i don't have to move carriers.  Does anyone have any further suggestions or things i could try?

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: SMS messages not recieved

Does this service us a "short code" (short phone number) as the source of the SMS? There have been some complaints that people don't receive authorization codes sent by their banks from "short code" numbers. This may be a similar situation. I've never had the problem, so I'm only just aware of the reports.

• magenta4368866

They don't use a short code.  What i see is a email address as the sender.

• bud@computereaseofmd.com

I have a similar situation, except I am the sender.  What would some of those issues be?

• bud@computereaseofmd.com

Thanks, but I don't think that's it.  The problem I'm having is that some T-Mobile subscribers get the texts and some don't.  It's the same message being sent to each person.

• magenta4368866

Our company does not have an option within the GPS program to alter how the message is sent, it is just a entry area for who to send the alert to, and just like bud say for his experience, the message for us is received by other carriers for what appears to be 100%, where my TMobile phone and my coworkers tmobile phone gets them more about 30%.

• magenta4368866

Lauren, it kinda does but that thread is more technical for information I can't provide given that network fleet is a gps system we pay for and I don't know how there side works.  A common item is that the alerts use to work, then stopped a few years ago and have not been able to get any good assistance to fix it due to the finger pointing back and forth of who's issue it was, but I do feel now based on other carriers receiving the alerts and tmobile not, that it is on this side that needs fixed.  Thanks

• tmo_lauren

Do you know the domain they host through? A lot of emails will use an alias (@tmobile.com @yourbusinesshere.com @randomgpscompanyemail.com) that is hosted through a domain. If you know the domain or can figure it out, a user who is unable to receive the messages may be able to file a ticket to see if we can get that domain whitelisted. It would need to be the actual domain, however. The alias alone won't help.

If their parental domain hosts a lot of other smaller companies and uses them to send out messages, there's a possibility one of the partners of that domain hosted a spam partner and if we get enough complaints on it, the domain can wind up blacklisted for spam. This is all speculation on what could be going on, but it's a direction to go.

-Lauren