HTC 10 Oreo 8.0

magenta4384026

Hello I am new to the board and was wondering why the HTC 10 is not listed on the TMobile software updates page. Any information would be appreciated.

Thank you.

All replies

• tmo_lauren

Re: HTC 10 Oreo 8.0

Hey there!

Anything we have info for is put up on the software updates page! If it's not there, it means there's not currently any updates announced. If that changes, that page is updated pretty quickly as we always want the latest info available!

-Lauren

• magenta2393866

I have the same question... HTC lists Oreo available as an update for the HTC 10. Tmobile does not. Why Not???

• magenta4781516

HTC 10 (Sprint) - Updates & downloads - Support | HTC United States

HTC 10 Software Update | Verizon Wireless

HTC 10 - Updates & downloads - Support | HTC United States

Android 8.0 Oreo software overview

Verizon and Sprint have the Oreo update. HTC release the update on their non carrier phone. Why is Tmobile lagging on this update. I see no reason why this update is not released for Tmobile. There is even a document for Oreo on Tmo site. LG, Samsung have not released Oreo for thier 2016 flagships yet that I know of. What is the problem, what is the issue!!!!

• jondango

Basically, TMO chose not to pay HTC for support of Oreo on the HTC 10. If you noticed, TMO did not carry the HTC U11 flagship device (TMO opted for the mid-range U11-Life). You have to buy the US unlocked U11 directly from HTC, but the good news is it is compatible with T-Mobile VoLTE and VoWIFI and will get software updates from HTC without TMO paying for it. So sell the T-Mobile HTC 10 on Swappa.com, amazon.com, or ebay.com and call it a day.

• magenta4781516

You might be right. Since HTC 10 was on sale only for 2 months. Maybe pixel 2!!

• androidz32015

Waiting for pixel 3 soon hopefully August/September. And possibly android P

• magenta4781516

Yes but a solution of replacing your phone will cost money. Not sure but could be 700+. My hope is the 10 gets Oreo and Should be good for a little longer. The 10 has everything i need still. Just don't like sitting with October security update. SD820 is still relevant in today's web enabled everything, plenty of RAM still and storage is ok. I am a light user and the screen size is perfect. for me. finger print scanner is working still. I just feel the 10 is still a great phone that's hard to let go. We also dont know who will manufacturer the pixel 3, with pixel 2 made by HTC and google gobbling up HTC talent pixel 3 could be great.

I just want what was promised, HTC has delivered but T MOBILE is not giving damn about the 10 and would rather you buy a new phone.

Another thing... HTC should just release the update anyways with RUU on HTC site like the HTC 4G LTE.

• jondango

HTC did release Oreo for US unlocked model HTC 10. If you search XDA Developers there is a step by step "How to" Guide to convert your HTC 10 T-Mobile edition to this. I did it and am presently writing this on my T-Mobile HTC 10 converted to HTC US Unlocked Edition running Oreo.

• magenta4781516

Yes I am aware of Sunshine S-OFF. It is a paid service now. I know i could just pay 20 bucks and get S-OFF change CID and flash WWE RUU. I don't want to do that. it is an option. T-Mobile should release the OREO update so HTC can post the RUU. Who cares about OTA. i Don't. Want to keep it as Tmobile as possible.

Appreciate the tip though.

TMOBILE **RELEASE OREO!!!!**

• jondango

Took me an hour. TMO VoLTE and VoWIFI 100% functional after HTC 10 converted and OTA upgraded to Oreo. There is no Oreo RUU at HTC. HTC doesn't provide it for download, only Nougat and OTA update to Oreo. Only 3rd party sources for RUU which did not work. For what its worth, just bought my wife U11 straight from HTC with HTC financing 24 months X $25 @ 0% interest offer. TMO VoLTE and VoWIFI also 100% functional on U11 US unlocked.

• magenta4781516

hmm..... my brain coggs are turning now. Voice mail working with app? Tmobile billing working too? i like to buy %stuff% and bill it to tmobile.

• jondango

BTW CID = BS_US001 not the WWE CID. TMO and US unlocked RUU exactly the same version of Nougat.

I was already dev unlocked and sunshine unlocked, so I changed CID to BS_US001, flashed BS_US001 nougat FW no-wipe, fastboot flashed BS_US001 recovery_signed, rebooted and TMO Nougat android booted right up. TMO VoLTE and VOWIFI still in tact. From there used BS_US001 RUU flashed in Download mode. Finally boot and OTA it to Oreo.

• jondango

I forward VM to Google Voice. Way better visual voicemail than TMO VM. Switch carries, voicemails all still there.

• magenta4781516

Ohh......hmmmm google voice. thats getting advanced now splitting services up but sounds good. it works for you. I can try that when TMO does not release OREO.

I also assume you use google wallet as well for playstore purchase? What about Binge, and Tmobile TV.

• jondango

Never used TmobileTV, but I Binge on YouTubeTV, Netflix, and "DirecTV Now" streaming since I cancelled YouTubeTV. If you are dev unlocked and sunshine unlocked you can Magisk root it and use Titanium backup to backup TmobileTV APK.

Google wallet, sure for Playstore. I use TMO data service away from home just like I use FiOS or Xfinity at home. TMO just provides broadband internet to my phone and telephone service. But I use other vendors to provide other services online. Voicemail has been Google Voice on Verizon, AT&T and now TMO. Never lost a VM switching carriers.