Iphone 7

olivia_meenan

So apparently,

Recently, Apple’s engineers identified a small percentage of iPhone 7 A1660 models may show "No Service" in the status bar even when cellular coverage is available, due to a component that has failed on the main logic board.

and they said that they would replace any iphone 7 that was affected, and mine apparently was, so could I have it replaced at a tmobile store? or do I have to go to an apple store? also I live on an island so it would be more convenient if I could just get it replaced at tmobile

-Olivia

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: Iphone 7

Hey, magenta1319885! Great question, thank you for asking!

Apple has  determined that a small percentage of iPhone 7 devices might show "No Service" in the status bar (even if cellular coverage is available), due to a component that has failed on the main logic board. The only model sold in the US that is affected by this is the A1660; and the model number appears on the back of the device.

Luckily, T-Mobile iPhones are not impacted by this issue. If you're experiencing signal issues, we'd want to follow normal troubleshooting. That said, if you have a non-T-Mobile iPhone, you'd want to visit this site for assistance: iPhone 7 Repair Program for "No Service" Issues - Apple Support

Please let me know if you have any other questions!