600 MHz band, and general service issues market wide?

am321

I'm trying to see what the deal is with the 600 MHz Towers in the South Florida market? Because for approximately a year now I've been getting told by T-Mobile 611 that the 600 MHz Towers we're already being deployed for this market. I've even had a chat with 611 specifically about certain towers near my house, or near one of my good friends houses. They told me that those towers specifically were going to be completed in January. But the tower I speak of near my good friends house is acting very crazy and I'm only getting 0.01 Mbps, which he lives there so he gets that day in and day out since last November. But they claim that the upgrades for the modernization/600 MHz is already done. But I've been having the same problems in general throughout my whole market which was already established by local engineers and tickets, that it's a market wide issue(if you pull up my account and look from last November till today, even corporate got involved and I spoke to them once).

But I haven't seen any signal improve on any band yet yet. I've also done a Google map look up of the 600 MHz Towers, which it shows you the information on Google Maps from T-Mobile as of February of this year. Which not a single place in my state has 600 MHz supposedly according to Google Maps via T-Mobile information. But for some reason small markets like Wyoming has the 600 MHz, I would think they would try to bring it to the bigger markets first and then the smaller markets.

Know I probably need a 600 MHz phone to take advantage of this, if it's really up and running. But I did preorder the Galaxy S9+, which according to UPS I should be getting it today 4 days early. But nonetheless when I get the phone I'm going to test it, and see if anything improves and see if I am picking up the 600 MHz band. Maybe it's not officially deployed my market yet, but certain individual towers could have it.

But nonetheless, I want to see what's going on with the modernization and if you have any information of when it's going to be deployed in my market?(wspecially after approximately a year I'vebern told this) , and so far I haven't seen any improvements in signals. Actually the service as a whole has been getting worse, to the point that corporate got involved. Which they told me an 11 year customer, to switch carriers and leave multiple times. That's how bad it's getting, because they realize and completely acknowledge it(even at the corporate level), but they're not doing anything to fix it. They just refuse to fix what they acknowledge, which is a market wide issue. So I'm trying to see, maybe the 600 MHz with the Galaxy S9+ will fix all this horrible service I'm getting market wide.

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Here is a map of the reported T-Mobile 600 MHz deployments. You notice all the red dots in Florida? Neither do I. The major reason for this is that Florida is a pretty congested TV market and a lot of TV stations have to be "repacked" from channels 38-50 to lower frequencies to clear the bands for cell phone usage. This is currently scheduled to happen around 2020. You have plenty of time to shop of a new phone to take advantage of 600 MHz.

• am321

*like a tower

• drnewcomb2

Frankly, I'm not convinced that those folks in India (e.g. 611) know what's actually happening on the ground here in the USofA. It is entirely possible that T-Mobile is installing 600 MHz equipment on towers in Florida. I know that they've been submitting drawings and specs for 600 MHz antennas to zoning boards for tower upgrades since before the 600 MHz auction. It's one thing to have equipment hanging on a tower, it's quite another to actually "light it up". Since the 600 MHz band was essentially "bought" from the TV broadcasters who were using RF channels 38-50, those broadcasters have to be given time to move to new channels. The FCC has adopted a 3-year schedule for doing this. In some cases the schedule has been tweaked. Like in Puerto Rico where, the TV stations and T-Mobile got together and said, "Since we've got to go up on those 1000' towers to fix stuff anyway because of the hurricane, why not go ahead and make the channel change while we're there."  ITMT, T-Mobile is deploying 600 MHz where they can shoehorn a signal in between TV stations. They seem to be concentrating on 1) big cities and 2) rural areas without 700 MHz. Big cities are a problem because they are also normally saturated TV markets. So, a lot of the activity in places like NYC is directed toward getting ($$) TV stations to "repack" to lower channels ahead of schedule.

• am321

Everything you have replied to me, I already knew this before you had mentioned it to me. But from experience I've seen in the past that when they're doing upgrade they may put certain powers being lit up, but the actual Market wasn't considered officially done and officially with the new technology. Only certain towers within that market had that working.

Also, you're not helping me as to why they are telling me this, and why I'm getting lied to. You don't understand I've actually got told multiple times by T-Mobile to leave T-Mobile and completely switch to another carrier. This is not a joke, this is what in the computer even written in the system if you pull up my account. This is how bad my signal really is. I really suggest you pull up my account and I can provide you my pin on a private message if necessary. Because there's a lot a lot of stuff more than probably you understand for me just typing here. Legitimately it will probably take you 5 to 10 minutes to read everything in the system because that's how much time I spent on trying to get my service working. Because this is something you specifically on this site is refusing to acknowledge, but corporate(which is even in the computer system when you pull up the account), has touched this issue with me specifically. Every level from local Engineers assessing the issues with tickets, all the way to T-Mobile corporate office has acknowledged to me there's issues in the area with my market as a whole. But they have not done a single thing to fix it, and they even acknowledged to me that the coverage map is being lied to on your website. The regular coverage map not the 600 MHz coverage map. I've had a long discussion with corporate about your coverage map lying to people. Based on what I'm actually getting, and based on what your site actually shows. A lot of places I'm getting there complete 360 opposite of what you're telling me on your website.

I'm having a lot of problems with this company with the service, and after 11 years multiple people have told me to leave. Today I'm about to call corporate back and have another word with them because I'm having a lot of issues with them and I'm getting fed up. It's not the way you treat a customer and you blatantly lie to them time and time again on different issues. From service I'm actually getting, to the service I'm supposed to be getting(according to your coverage map), which is obvious and there's nothing you can say to change that unless you change the coverage map or my service(by actually seeing it improve on my device). Mind you I have the Galaxy S8 right now while typing this, and later today I'm going to be receiving my Galaxy S9+ from UPS preorder from T-Mobile, coming a little early. So I have the latest device as well, and I'm getting even the newer device today. There's no excuse of my service. Don't tell me to upgrade my phone none of that please. All I want is my service to work as supposed to and correctly. I don't need you specifically on this site to tell me they're lying, and they don't know what they're doing or talking about in India. I will suggest that you actually get to the bottom of it and fix this instead of just throwing the people from India T-Mobile support under the bus. I want a real resolution not throwing people under the bus, and not even responding to majority of the message I'm talking about. Please pull up my account and you would see everything I'm talking about. You're going to be shocked how much notes, how much tickets, and how much reports have been in the system because it's unbelievable how much time I spend on this. I just want you to look and acknowledge this. I want something to be done. I just bought a new phone from you and now I have to probably leave before I can even enjoy it because the service is so bad.

I mean it's so bad that I'm getting "E" internet and I'm in one of the biggest markets for you. I'm in the Miami Fort Lauderdale to West Palm Beach Market. Which T-Mobile keeps telling meet at every single Tower even the smallest tower in the whole Market has LTE, and eventually every single tower in the market including the smallest hours going to have the network advancements with the 600 MHz. So for me to have no service in my home, getting edge internet and according to your T-Mobile map I have excellent coverage. Mind you I know that buildings can make a difference, where I live is a brand new house built within the last year from scratch. Plus all over the area and inside the gaed area where I live, actual has short-range towers for T-Mobile placed inside the gate. A bunch of them. But they don't seem to be working for me at least. T-Mobile has already acknowledged that is not my phone, not my SIM card or anything I could do on my end. I mean why does T-mobile blatantly lie to customers like me, and to the point that multiple people more times to completely leave T-Mobile as a whole rather than fixing what they acknowledge from again the local Engineers that came in the system problem all the way to corporate. The local Engineers found at least 42 miles worth of problems which is written in the tickets and notes. But they're not willing to fix it, they're not willing to do anything to make it better. They just leave it. It's like they found the issues, they know the issues, but they're refusing to fix it because they're lazy or they know it's such a big problem that's going to take a while. They actually mentioned the local engineers, said that the the towers were physically damaged. Then one day my service is still the same but they claim it's fixed and all the sudden up the T-Mobile standard from one day to the next. Which makes no sense because if it's fixed and my service would be improved and according to your coverage map on the website. Something's not adding up. I'm very tech-savvy as well so you cannot fool me on how this technology Works, how this thing gets put together, what your coverage map says vs what I'm actually, I know what each MHz means, like for example 600 MHz is good for indoors, What short range towers represent(and that I should be getting covered because I see a bunch of them very very close to me that are from you, inside the gate), what I'm supposed to be getting(based on the normal coverage map), and what I'm actually getting.

This is so wrong that T-Mobile as a whole company is not willing to fix what they completely admitted! At this point the only thing to do is actually fix what is the problem and nothing more nothing less. Look at my account, and you will see that your hands are tied and theres absolutely nothing will you can say, except fix it or leave T-Mobile. That's what it really boils down to and that's it. Which again I've been told multiple on multiple occasions, from multiple people to leave T-Mobile as a whole, completely after 11 years paying always on time never late and wanting to stay with you guys. Which this is your customer service and how you treat a customer, by telling him just leave T-Mobile out right as a whole(you will see this in the computer when you pull up my account. Because it got to the point that is absolutely nothing else you can do for me except continue to lie or kick me off your network).

I really just wish that T-Mobile would fix what they already admitted to me and get this over with and stop playing games. I just want my damn service like I'm supposed to be getting and nothing more nothing less. If not please change your service map on your website to reflect what's going on. Because it's 360 different than what I'm getting starting with my home and it's everywhere in the market. You don't even want to know the half of it. I really wish I didn't have to write this and be so nasty a little bit I apologize. But the thing is I just don't stand for lies, I don't stand for people  telling me one thing and then not fixing what they tell me that would be fixed for example. Or the coverage map being 360 different than what I'm actually getting. Which it again TMobile already established it's not me, my phone, or my SIM card. Which today I'm receiving the S9+ and I'm going to test that out and see if there's any difference at all. I mean I'm even upgrading phone when to try to get better service and do what I need to do on my end, due diligence. All I ask is my service to be working like I pay for it nothing more nothing less. Is that so much to ask for.

• drnewcomb2

I see now. You're operating under the assumption that I'm a T-Mobile employee and can look at your account. This is a "community forum" (i.e. a "chat room") where customers discuss their issues with each other and sometimes certain T-Mobile employees check in with advice and moderation. I'm just a customer like you.

If the advice you've been given is to look for another carrier, I'd suggest that you ask to get your phone(s) unlocked and port them over to AT&T or Cricket. Not every carrier works in every place. If T-Mobile isn't working for you, don't hold your breath waiting for them to fix it. It will be a long wait.

• am321

The reason I mention that is because on other sites from other carriers they're able to do so. I see them say hey message me the PIN and I can check into it. If you are an actual T-Mobile representative. Because they are T-Mobile Representatives that come here and reply.

• am321

But the thing is as well, I'm getting lied to because if you read what I said all the way. The coverage map show something completely different than what I'm actually supposed to be getting as well. For my home for example it shows excellent coverage, but I get one bar and Edge internet a lot of times. I mean that makes completely no sense.

I mean it would be one thing if their coverage map does not reflect that I have excellent coverage. But if it reflects that I've excellent coverage and I'm getting poor unusable service that's the problem I have. I'm getting blatantly lie to all the way from local Engineers to corporate. Again I've even got told by T-Mobile that that local Engineers found 42 miles of damage towers. After we submitted a ticket. I mean I'm basically repeating myself what I said in the post above. There's reasons as to why I'm getting fed up. Not just no reason out of the blue. T-Mobile is lying to me and rather lie than actually fix the issues. That's why I'm getting fed up. I mean if the coverage map show that I had horrible service, then I could understand for them telling me to switch carriers. But for them to show excellent service starting at home, but then it goes to pretty much all of my market showing excellent coverage and I'm getting problems all throughout my market. Not to mention again local Engineers after assessing the issues, via a ticket came back and said that they found 42 miles worth of damage. They acknowledge that the towers are physically damaged in the tickets. But it seems like they don't want to go and actually fix what they admitted to me is the problem. This is why I'm getting upset. Not just because I get bad signal and T-Mobile site also reflects this. I get bad signal but I'm according to T-mobile I should have excellent service. So there's a huge discretion on their service map based on what I'm supposed to be getting market wide. Mind you I mean one of the biggest markets T-Mobile has, so I feel like maybe they're just doing this to get customers. Because the service is not what they claim as a whole. That's the issue I'm having, them blatantly lying. Also them having a big discretion on the service I'm supposed to be getting and what I'm actually getting. Also the fact that they admit to me that it's broken and damaged, but then they are refusing to fix the broken and damaged issues.

• dc5fan

Thanks for supplying the map. What a relief! I live near the Champaign/Urbana area. I have use of Bands 2 & 4 in my area, and the coverage is very good. I won't need an updated phone for awhile (Stylo 3 Plus).

• am321

Also sorry that I confused you for a T-Mobile employee. I know how this site works, and I know that I can message them the pin and they can look into my account. The thing is that I'm so fed up, when reading the message you answer to me I didn't bother to check if you were a T-Mobile employee or not responding to me. I apologize for the confusion.

• am321

Re: 600 MHz band, and general service issues market wide?

That's exactly what I see and understand on my own prior to you showing me. But the thing is at least since last November, I've been getting told by 611 that they're doing modernization in my market. Again like I said on the original post, I even talked to 611 about specific towers. Make a specific tower that covers my house, or a tower that covers my friend's house. This is after I give them the full address, and then we talked about it. They've also said market white as well that they've been doing the modernization throughout the market.

So what I'm assuming is that it's not officially deployed for my market yet. But as you know working at T-Mobile, sometimes they have specific towers go live with the upgrades even though the market is not completely finished and officially deployed yet.

Because if that's not the case with the modernization, then 611 has been lying to me about them even working on the towers to modernize them. Which the calls are recorded with them telling me such things on their own.

So I'm just trying to figure out what the deal is here?Based on what 611 is telling me, and based on what you told me in the reply to this post because they're contradicting each other.

• dragon1562

So after reading your plight and knowing it well there are  only three things you can do on your end. 1. Have a phone that supports the network entirely which you will with the S9 and may even see some improvements. 2. Keep filling tickets and try to be as detailed as possible(i.e provide addresses, use different servers when running tests and so on). 3. Wait patiently.

Trust me when I say I know your pain better than anyone. When I joined T-mobile back in 2014 my home was covered in 2g even though I should of had LTE. When the upgrade to LTE finally did happen at the end of 2015 speeds were horrendous sitting at around .1 on a good day. It was not until 2016 that the miracle of fast LTE happened for me. Now I am happy I stayed and waited since I have a really good plan and really good service. That is why I held out. However, times are different. Now all the carriers offer Unlimited again with comparable pricing and service is hit or miss with any of them. In my experience T-mobile was amazing in Florida however that was pre-hurricane and such.

There is a admin on this forum named tmo_Chris who messaged me back then letting me know about upgrades and such and it was really awesome of him back then. Maybe he can help you with some reliable information.

Also because I am curious if you can enter this code on your samsung dial pad it will put it into service mode and allow you to see what the actual quality of service is.Code is without brackets (*#0011#). Screen shot and upload to the forum so we can see.

• am321

Yes I pre ordered the Galaxy S9+. I'm actually typing this message from that device. So far honestly, the signal is the same. It's actually fluctuating between 1 bar, 2 bars, 3 bars and 4. Sometimes fluctuating from 1 bar to 4 bars, in only for a matter of a minute or two, or sometimes a few seconds and coming back down to 1 bar. Also when I get any amount of bars most of the time the data is unusable(but it's good that I have home Wi-Fi lol). Then for calling, it's very very spotty and sometimes I'm not even able to connect to the call. I'm even having trouble on my old Galaxy S8 and now the S9+ with Wi-Fi calling. Which is not my home internet or anything like that, as I have a gig internet plan from my home internet provider. So I'm way more than capable of having Wi-Fi calling, and Wi-Fi calling working properly and stable with no issues.

Also I actually talked to corporate before I even made this post. They told me that they either need to give me the service that is claimed on their coverage map, or they need to change their coverage map to reflect the actual horrible coverage I'm getting. They agree with me completely on this, or so they say. They also said they do not want to lose an 11 year customer such as me. But so far T-Mobile as a whole company has done absolutely nothing to prove to me that they want to, like T-Mobile corporate told me directly on the phone.

Also a heads up, as of today I started testing and switching the band's to only LTE. In the phone dialer using the *#2263# method. But the same type of fluctuation I mentioned above is still occurring. The fluctuation is is occurring on all bands, and only on all LTE bands. But later today and then tomorrow when I'm driving. I'm going to put on only the 600 MHz band(through the phone dialer method explained above), and see if that picks up anything at all.

I mean I even confirmed with T-Mobile, that I have a bunch of short range towers(the little skinny metal pole with the one box on top of it) in my gated community. Which I can actually see them. I can see at least 5 minimum, and some of them are really close to my house(I mention that as I know short reange towers don't travel a far distance, and it's within that range). Plus what I mentioned before in another reply in this post, is that where I live is a brand new development built within the last year from scratch. The reason I mention that is because newer buildings can penetrate cell phone signal much easier and better. So I also want to point that out that I should be able to get the signal even more so. Which T-Mobile appears to agree with me on that as well.

I mean this is just getting ridiculous at this point, I mean they're blatantly lying. It's blatantly obvious what they're doing and what the issue is if you are just a little bit tech savvyat least a little bit, and know about phones and phone technology.

• dragon1562

Well service should not be different from your s8 as there is no band 71 in that market deployed as far as I am aware. I guess you will find out from your testing. Also when it comes to wifi calling, it doesn't take that much bandwidth to place the call. What is more important is the latency and if there is packet loss. Thanks for the update though. I do believe this is more a matter of time and filing tickets than anything else.

• am321

I would like to add something to my last post.

Once I posted my previous response above, I got deeper into the issue. I started using the open Signal app. Upon using the open Signal app, the app told me that there's zero towers nearby. But what's concerning to me,  is that I live 0.9 miles(according to Google maps) from the second biggest mall in the country land size(if you want to know the specific mall ask me and I will tell you, and then you can Google and you would find this). So what I'm starting to think is, maybe there's a lack of actual towers in the area, and the towers that they have is being taken up by the mall. So now maybe there's not enough capacity on the towers to support this new development and other there places around here.

Because what else can there be claiming excellent coverage, but there's not even towers nearby. Unless the clear as day blatantly lying like I said before.

• am321

I also provided a screenshot of my signal on the Open Signal app. Which is a daily occurrence all day, this is what they consider "excellent" onScreenshot_20180318-203448_OpenSignal.jpg T-Mobile's coverage map.

• dragon1562

I can't speak on why cooperate says the things they do and I feel that it won't help anything if I were to voice my thoughts on the matter. That is the reason I have been skipping over that part. My goal is to make things better or to resolve issues entirely for users. As far as the map is concerned it is my understanding that T-mobile bases there ratings off of signal strength and not the actual throughput a user receives. If you read the fine print they don't really guarantee anyone a specified speed but instead provide a range. Company Information | T-Mobile’s Broadband Internet Access Services

As far as the wifi calling acting wonky have you thought about one of T-mobiles boosters or mini towers that you can put in your home. That would be a band-aid fix ofcourse for when your at home but atleast it would provide you with excellent voice quality and such. Also I doubt that there are no towers in the area otherwise you would not see the signal strength that you have currently.

• am321

I'll explain to you exactly what's going on with my Wi-Fi calling. I think it's a software bug, and needs to be fixed via OTA.

On the S8, when I would turn on Wi-Fi calling, and had that Wi-Fi calling preferred. What it would do is take the signal bars of T-Mobile and put a x over the signal bars the whole time. But it will show the Wi-Fi calling symbol in the top left-hand corner. When I receive a call, or try to make an outgoing call the Wi-Fi logo in the corner would become green. But on the S9+ it shows the Wi-Fi calling logo on the left corner. But the signal bars from T-Mobile is still there and fluctuating like I explained above if I don't have Wi-Fi calling on. With that being said, when I try to send a text message there's issues because of my signal not being good hear from T-Mobile. So the text messages either don't go through or take a long time to go through. Then when I make an outgoing call the Wi-Fi calling works perfectly fine and normal, and the logo on the top left corner becomes green. But when I get a incoming call, Wi-Fi calling is not being picked up at all. It goes directly to voicemail or sometimes Rings through T-Mobile service, but service is so bad that I get disconnected shortly after.

So the problem appears to be that Wi-Fi calling is not completely shutting off my T-Mobile cellular service. Still leaving the service on so part of the functions are working through T-Mobile, and part of its working through Wi-Fi calling. Which I think can be fixed via an OTA update.

Also the reason why I was stressing my gig internet plan at home is to show you and tell you, that I have way more than enough capabilities to run Wi-Fi calling. Because like you said to me I know it takes only a little bit of data to run it. So I just wanted to stress and show the point that I'm capable and it should be no issues like I'm experiencing. It should connect and work properly.

• am321

Also last night I put on band 71 600 MHz and I was getting a fluctuation of between 2-3 bars, every few seconds. The internet is still usable like I explained above, when I'm on band 71. The calling is still atrocious, with no improvement whatsoever. Then today this morning when I was driving to work, pretty much all the places I traveled didn't have band 71 equipped. Only by my home and maybe one other place along the route had it. So they're putting it up and they're bringing it out here, but it's not officially deployed yet. I say that based on it running, on a very few towers as of now. Because if I did the dialer method and change my LTE band, I will get an X over my signal if I didn't have the 600 MHz band available around me.

I just hope that I can get my signal for my house working. I hope that once 600mhz is officially deployed that my signal improves greatly. I would like to think that it's not fully running yet, and they're only testing it. So it's not going to be a strong and the best as it can be, because it's not officially and fully up and running.

• am321

*still unable

• am321

Also something else you should be aware of. Is I have a discretion because the open Signal app is showing red and horrible service for my area. While T-Mobile's coverage map says excellent coverage. T-Mobile's coverage map even says something about how its user tested. That the data is user colleted data and shown on the T-Mobile's coverage map. But apparently it's a 360 difference then what's on the open signal app.

Which honestly I trust the Open Signal coverage map, I don't really trust T-Mobile coverage map at all. Which this seems to be a problem across the country, T-Mobile lying about their coverage all across the country. Some of it is even a worse situation than mine because there's mountains blocking it(the link I provided to the other post above, and it's quite obvious that you're not going to get signal). Which is something they cannot fix and correct, unlike in my situation they can fix it and correct it. I mean this goes far beyond just me here in Florida. This goes all across the country, and I don't even know how many issues of this is happening. Where they lie about their coverage map, say one thing and it's actually something else when you're at that location(probably at least dozens across the country).

• dragon1562

Well no carrier coverage map is very realistic. The generally base there coverage off of optimistic estimates. The collected data that they refer to is those little check boxes scattered across the map where a customer was able to get some form of coverage. Its not perfect but atleast it gives consumers a idea. I would not say they are lieing ether but using different metrics than what Opensignal uses to base coverage for a area on.

• am321

Well I called corporate T-Mobile again. I just got off the phone with them 5 minutes ago, after being on the phone with them for 2 hours. They up getting me with a corporate technical support person on the phone, and the corporate guy was on the call and listening in, the whole way through. The gist of the call is that they plan on adding more towers to the area, because of the mall and all the condominiums in the area. They claim to me that the service is excellent, but they claim that it's not enough towers. They claim that the mall and all the Condominiums are probably eating it up. Plus they can also get more customers by adding more towers(because they can support more back hall that way). They told me it's going to get escalated to offline support, Which is higher than calling corporate office. That the person I spoke to from corporate technical support is going to stay on them. They're going to basically put pressure them, and force them to get to the bottom of it. They also believe that when the other local techs claimed that they fixed the issue, that they were lying and never really completed the job. They just said it was completed, taking the lazy way out. They kept apologizing, and kept saying they're sorry. They told me that they're going to get to the bottom of this, and they really want to fix this. If it means adding more towers, then it means adding more towers.

The person from corporate technical support, told me he's going to give me a call back whenever he hears some information. Which again he's going to pressure them, to give him some reasonable answer that would affect me in a good way and improve my service overall on the market. They said they're not going to stand for anything less. So let's see how it goes.

• dragon1562

Well let us know if it ends up being resolved

• am321

can but this is going to take a long time because they're talking about adding a bunch of brand new cell tower sites from scratch. With you being tech savvy, you should know it can take up to 2 years per tower. They're saying everything I mentioned, which is the same things I talk about here is very logical. Especially with me doing multiple market wide tickets in the past. Which they agree with me and believe me, just based off the diagnostic that they see on their end. Which is just me using the phone normal, and then collecting the data. They don't understand why it's not working, but they're local techs claim the service locally is now working, and completely 100% up to par with T-Mobile and the way supposed to be done and whatever. But they still see the diagnostics showing bad service all over the market. So they're confused as well. They don't even understand the full scope of the situation. But they're trying to, they're trying to get to the bottom of it now.

• dragon1562

Yes, I understand the time it takes for equipment to be installed for a market. Honestly most of the hold ups come from the local governments being slow to provide the permits needed for a site. The original reply was just ment to show that I read what you posted and am still actively interested in helping you since I don't really have much more that I can say for this matter.

• am321

Thanks again! I really truly appreciate all your help. Talking to you is making me understand is even more than what I already do. It's blatantly obvious what they do. And I'm glad they're finally taking initiative. I just really hope that they really fix it. I hope they really add the appropriate new towers, in the appropriate locations. They were really dropping the ball here. But if they fix it they can make up for it. I'm just hoping this time around this really is the causing me fix it. But I will gladly keep you updated throughout the process. Next time the guy calls me which should be relatively soon, I'm going to let you know and give you an update.

• am321

I can but this is going to take a long time because they're talking about adding a bunch of brand new cell tower sites from scratch. With you being tech savvy, you should know it can take up to 2 years per tower. They're saying everything I mentioned, which is the same things I talked about here. Which both people from corporate told me that it's very logical, what I'm saying and makes complete sense. Especially with me doing multiple market wide tickets in the past. Which they agree with me and believe me, just based off the diagnostic that they see on their end. Which is just me using the phone normal, and then collecting the data. They don't understand why it's not working, but they're local techs claim the service locally is now working, and completely 100% up to par with T-Mobile and the way supposed to be done and whatever. But they still see the diagnostics showing bad service all over the market. So they're confused as well. They don't even understand the full scope of the situation. But they're trying to, they're trying to get to the bottom of it now.

• am321

Re: 600 MHz band, and general service issues market wide?

Thanks! I really appreciate all your help, and you're continuing help!

Well Oscar from corporate technical support is supposed to call me back when he gets any updates related to this. He said it shouldn't take long to get the first wave of updates. So once I receive information from him, I'll get in contact back with you. I will let you know what he said. Hopefully Oscar has some good news for me. He said he's going to pressure them and stay on top of them. It's going to be taken to the offline people, again which is even higher than me calling corporate and me speaking to them, or even speaking to corporate technical support. They said from there it could even be escalated higher, higher and higher. Till the people that have the right to make these decision get their hands on it.

• tmo_chris

Hey am321

Just checking in here to see how things are going? Have you heard back from Oscar yet?

• am321

No I did not hear back from Oscar yet. He did tell me  that it may take a while possibly to get a response. I think it's coming from the offline people Which is higher than even calling corporate. That's the people specifically who is going to respond to corporate technical support rep Oscar. That's how high this issue was getting taken because both corporate people Oscar, and the corporate customer care representative who was also on the call. They believe me and see the problem. Which they see I've been a customer for 11 years, not only that everything I'm saying has evident proof by local engineer seeing it person, and all the diagnostics even when I spoke to corporate the other day.

But then as you know, it can take up to 2 years to build these said towers from complete scratch. Because they're talking about completely building new towers from scratch. Completely new cell sites that don't exist and adding them. Because they say they're dropping the ball with the coverage map. Which it comes down to either providing the coverage map to be **** poor throughout the Miami Dade/Broward and Palm Beach Market(which they both agree with me on that, including the corporate woman from before I mentioned in other replies). Or they have to provide the correct service according to the map, which is excellent. Which my building is only one year old built from scratch, so it's more than capable of receiving the signal especially 600mhz. Which that means my Galaxy S9+ actually having and showing the improved signal. Nothing more, or nothing less than that. Which every single corporate person I spoke to acknowledges and agrees with this. So now something needs to get done. It's all recorded and everything these calls. It's all there that they're telling me this. They're agreeing with me. So now something needs to happen. Which now there's nothing else to be said, unless showing me one way or the other.

• am321

Also I don't know why you are answer is check marked green, that it's the correct answer? It's nowhere near correct nowhere, and nowhere near getting done. Plus you're not even in corporate or offline to be able to even help me or answer this. So the answer is not correct and I would like it to be removed as the correct answer as well. Because it's nowhere near the answer.

You're checking up on me and my issue, which I do appreciate and thank you for. But at the end of the day like I said something needs to be done. Either they need to show me the very very bad **** poor service, or they need to improve the service overall in the whole entire market. To make it actually work as said according to your T-Mobile coverage maps on T-Mobile's website. So it really boils down to just that and nothing else. So until that time, one of the things happened that I mentioned. There's no correct answer, and will not be your correct answer until then unfortunately.

• tmo_chris

Not sure why that answer got marked correct. I apologize about that. After reading through your entire post, you have definitely put in way more time than any customer should ever have to and I believe that working with Oscar is going to be the best way to proceed with this. Please do keep us updated as to what you hear from Oscar and his team.

• am321

I mean there's 100 towers nearby to me, according to the open Signal app. Also according to the open Signal app, the map shows red horrible signal. While T-Mbile's coverage map shows excellent signal, even verified by user data. Which is false because what I'm getting on the open Signal app, I can see and test by using the phone. I cannot do anything like that with the T-Mobile coverage map. I say that based on what I'm getting on my phone and what I can do. If you take a look at my account and you take a look at the diagnostics, you will see every single phone call  100% made since I reported the 48 on the app in January has been having some type of issue.

I mean my cell signal is so bad, that the T-Mobile app and the open Signal app find my tower or location in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean by the equator. I'm even getting edge "E" internet, on a Galaxy S8, and now Galaxy S9+. Wi-Fi calling is not working property like I mentioned in this post somewhere above recently. But this is supposed to be an excellent coverage area. Please take a look at my diagnostics in November, then take a look at my diagnostics from December 17th until now today. You'll see how bad my service is. By the way my issues is even market wide, which is verified by local tech engineers coming out and assessing the problem. Plus I even have multiple tickets as you seen in the system, all of them tri county based on this.

• am321

I'm even getting lied to for one specific location. My friend switched to T-Mobile in November. A separate different account which is even listed in one of the tickets, his phone number and address. The phone number with 786 area code, and the Percival Ave address attached to it. They claim the closest tower back in November. Was getting the modernization upgrades, but they claimed that the service will be up and running and fixed in the first week of January. Now we are in the middle of March, but he has an iPhone 5 getting 0.1 data day in and day out because he lives there. I go to his house at least once a week using a Galaxy S8 and now a Galaxy S9+, I'm still getting the same thing. I can't even load one YouTube video properly, can't even do hotspot anymore(which I used to do before November on a snap of the finger in full HD, even Netflix). I have always gotten 4 bars and he's always got 2 bars with his phone(even before switching to T-Mobile). The bars are the same but the speed is atrocious. He can't even send iMessages sometimes and thinks he's on text message it's so bad. But they don't have any fix, and they claim it's up and running now but it's still doing the same thing. Things like that for example. Still hasn't gotten fixed. My friend even has a signal booster in his house, and it's still doing 0.1 speed day in and day out. So I know it's not only me as well.

I would definitely bring these type of things up in a meeting next time you have one! These are major issues and we're getting lie too! He may be a customer for a few months, but I'm a customer of 11 years wanting my service. I mean the reason he switched because he saw how good the service was with me. Now he's witches broom and all all of the sudden he wants to leave T-Mobile. Even seriously considering leaving less than 6 months with the company because it's so bad. Witch you(T-Mobile as a whole) do nothing to fix it at all!

I mean we keep getting discounts on our bill, which we don't even request or want both of us my friend in my account. But what good does that do us, if we can't even get our service running properly throughout the whole Market. Mind you my friend's house to my house or the 20 mile difference in between. Boca Raton address you saw me mention earlier, is 38 miles north from me in the last County You service North(Palm Beach County). Which I travel to the last County you Service South which is Miami Dade County. The county where my other friend is and where I live, even where the account address is my business. I mean it's every single County, all over. Which is quite evident. I mean honestly this is happening all over the country, as you see me post the link to the other post. Which there's a handful of post like this throughout this site. Claiming one thing but you provide another. I'm honestly surprised you didn't get any lawsuits yet for lying to the customer about the coverage map. I mean it's a 360 different than what your coverage map says. It will be one thing if it was just slightly different. But that's not the case. My service is **** poor but you show excellent. To me that the 360 different than what you claim

• am321

Hey this is just an update. So far I have not gotten a call back from corporate Technical Support Tech Oscar.

But I've seen the signal bars on my phone improve. But the internet is still very bad, and the calls still have a lot of issues on ever call. It went from being 1 bar all the time, to now having between 1-3 bars, but majority of the time I have between 2-3. 3 bars just started recently today, so maybe they're finally working on it(after 2 different corporate calls). But the internet is still not that good, it's very slow and not everything loads properly because of it. It also seems to be spotty, meaning that I still have the same bars, but sometimes it would work partially and sometimes it will not work at all. But now majority of the time it does work but not properly.

I know these type of things I mentioned above can be part of adding new towers, or even just modernizing towers until they're fully up and running.

• am321

Also another update that I forgot to mention to you is. My friend's house, the Percival Ave address you see on 1 of the tickets, with the 786 phone number attached to it. Well the service has improved, but it's very inconsistent. What I mean by that is it goes from 20Mbps-30Mbps to like 1Mbps-2Mbps, and then jumps back up to like 10Mbps-30Mbps from one second to the next. Which it does that every second. So in turn if I'm watching Netflix through the app, it goes from 1080P to 280P quite often. Also sometimes the internet would be blazing fast with the Chrome browser, and then sometimes it would be slow and like lagging and something's failed to load like I mentioned for my house. My friend with the 786 area code phone number that lives there, told me that when he called them(one of the many times he called) got a new date of March 18th was when the tower was going to be fully up and running. I went to his house after March 18th, and this is the results I got now, which is the first time since November I got something like this or even remotely close to it. But if this is what you claim excellent coverage for his house and it's very problematic like this. Then you also need to fix the coverage map for that specific location as well. Which I don't understand why you can't get it up and running to the way it was before November. Which I was always getting 25 Mbps or more and never had an issue with running HD on Netflix, even through hotspot. The quality never downgraded or anyting once in 3 years at least for that specific location. Then all of the sudden last November it went 360 the opposite and it's never been the same since.

Which this seems to be the new thing everywhere since December. It's like you changed your service to be great, and then all of the sudden you became the old T-Mobile you once were, in terms of back when you weren't that great and you were known to have all these issues across your network nationwide(when you had the horrible 3G and 4G, before you stepped it up and took it serious to change and improve your service quality). It's like you wave the magic wand and poof lol, you reverted completely backwards to that time of T-Mobile's life lol. Which is pretty much almost everywhere I travel in the whole entire market. Which again I'm not in a small Market, from what I'm told is that I'm in one of your biggest markets in the country. In the Miami/Fort Lauderdale/Palm Beach Market.

I mean this whole entire Market is expanding. In terms of more people moving here, a lot of new businesses and companies, and new residential places popping(including expanding into the everglades like never before). With that being said, if you need to add new towers from scratch to support the customers that you have in this huge growing market. Then so be it. But to leave customers completely in the dark, and having to go through all these links. Having all this proof to back up my claims. Even stuff on your end like that agnostics in your system. But you still don't give me an answer you guys still leave me in the dust. Which nothing is getting fixed! I think that is very wrong! You claim to be changing, you claim to be for the customer! You came to be a different carrier! But there seems to be issues that no one seems to care about! Including the offline team Which is higher than even calling corporate! I mean what else can I do and what and what else do I have to do on my own, in order for you to make this right for the customer. Which you guys are clearly in the wrong 100%. Including with massive evidence on my end and your end to back it up. Which includes local engineers assessments, what you see in diagnostics on your end just buy me using the phone normal, what I have backed up as far as screenshots and video screen captures of all this. Not to mention, at least 48 reported issues through the T-Mobile app(which was all from one week).

I mean so at this point I need a real deal solution. Including if you're going to improve the signal on my phone, actually make it work. You guys cannot fool me by just adding more bars but the service is staying exactly the same. Which appears to be the case as of now. Which even now the bar is still fluctuate, and time they still get one bar staying the same for a while(like last night).

I mean there's even populated plazas. Like this one plaza for example that has a Home Depot, Best Buy, Chick-fil-A, Twin Peaks, Miller's Ale House, Arby's and some other big name stores in the plaza. Even right across the street from the Plaza(which is back streets leading to the main streets basically) there's a Costco Wholesales Club . Then all this is situated basically one stop light away from a major highway(once you get to the major street(witch is .1 at maximum once once you leave the plaza or Costco parking lot). But the point of this is is I get horrible service to the point that my phone is not usable anywhere. In any stores, in any restaurants, even at Costco. Sometimes I go to Twin Peaks or Miller's Ale House to watch the UFC fights and I'm there for like 3-4 hours at a time. But I'm unable to use my phone even make a simple phone call. Even stepping completely outside. Because I get one or two bars that is unusable service. I mean things of this nature that make no sense. And it has been happening for many years, which I reported this a T-mobile make tickets. Which there's even many towers in the area. Mind you this area is a very populated area, off a major Street. It seems to be the more populated areas you go to the horrible of the service you get.

Like for example I was able to find the first quarter of last year's traffic count, adding both directions numbers for that area where the plaza is and everything. We've got a total of 69974 traffic count for a whole first quarter year in both directions. So with that being said you can only imagine how many people stop in to the stores and all those places in the plaza. So these areas are populated and I'm getting no service for example. My home is .9 miles from the second biggest more land size in the whole country. Which by the way they are expanding the square footage by adding more to this mall. Which the construction already started. So I mean it's going to get bigger, have more places to shop and eat at and you're going to have less service because more places added. I mean it's clear as day you guys are dropping the ball. But what are you guys really going to do at the end of the day to fix this? This is a serious question that seriously needs to be answered, weather on here, with not a generic response. Whether it's corporate technical support, or just customer regular corporate customer care. Whether the offline team called me personally and explain this to me, but at the end of the day we need it clear cut and dry answer of why it's happening and what's going to happen to get this fixed market wide.

• am321

Also sorry for the spelling errors, my autocorrect is changing it and I don't realize it. Which I can't edit these post after a certain amount of minutes.

Also sorry for typing a lot. I just have a lot to say to this because I've been through a lot and I've been left in the dust. I mean I know you specifically want to help chris, but it's out of your hands and he's much more to be done than what you can do. I just wish we get to a proper solution one way or another. I just want this to be fixed

• am321

Here's another update.

As of April 4th, I have still not received any call back from Oscar in corporate technical support. The service is exactly the same as before even talking to corporate the first time.

Also the other phone number on the account is having the same issues I'm experiencing. They're using a Galaxy S7. They keep dropping calls left and right and having all these bad experiences with the cellular service throughout the market they're explaining to me. So this is a second number completely different from my device(one attached to this account, and one number not attached to this account), thats having these issues market wide. This is seriously something that needs to be addressed and not ignored. It clearly is not only me.

Mind you, even last night outside my house I was getting 4G(no LTE). Which you know, is unusable for me anywhere I've been in the country since LTE deployed with T-Mobile. Like I explained before when I have 4G the phone becomes basically a bricked device. Which was happening outside my house.

Then this morning traveling to work, my network became 4G again. I was unable to use the phone for anything, including making a simple basic phone call. This was a little ways from my house so definitely it would be a different area, and a different tower for sure than the tower being used for my house(even the short range towers that I mentioned before).

• dragon1562

Thank you for being so active and keeping us posted. Honestly though HSPA+(4g) should not be giving you troubles with calls though. That is pretty odd to me since a phone call isn't that intensive or demanding. Sounds like your market is really struggling. I still wish you the best and believe you are doing everything you can to improve the situation.

• am321

The 4G issue is just not in my market. Ever since T-Mobile switched over from 4G to 4G LTE it happens everywhere I've been in the country. This has happened to me every single time 4G kicked in in my market, the San Francisco and Oakland Market in California, the Aptos California Market, New York City Market, Nashville Tennessee and 30 minutes outside of Nashville Tennessee Market, Jacksonville Florida Market, in Washington DC. Which this has been happening since day one of LTE being fully deployed on the network. I mean I've traveled other places, but not all the time did it switch over to 4G. I mean some trips it didn't do it at all.

But for you to say there's a lot of struggle with my market, it's kind of a head scratcher or unbelievable in other words because I'm in one of the top three markets for T-Mobile, according to T-Mobile. I'm in the Miami/Fort Lauderdale /West Palm Beach Market. Plus my home is .9 miles away from the second biggest mall land size in the country. So for me to have this type of service in my area for the home for example out of all the areas in my market that's giving me a problem, that's insane. Plus they just opened in December of last year a whole new 3 story wing to the mall, and they're also removing the Sears department store because it's going bankrupt. They're replacing it with an outside shopping area with a bunch of very high end restaurants and even some of the very first locations in the United States of those restaurants. Which is going to be at least minimum of 40,000 square feet they were saying what I read. So imagine this in relations to the cell service that's already horrible. Then you factor in that this mall is off a major street that can actually go from Miami all the way across the border into Canada. It used to be the Old Highway before Interstate 95 exist, one of those regular road street highways. Then one block west from that street, is another semi major street, switch my gated complex is located off of.

• dragon1562

Well that is unfortunate, in my experience it has been a good backup option and has worked well in the Pittsburgh market and State College. The only one that is truly horrible is 2g for me.

• am321

I mean it's to the point that I'm getting edge "E" internet quite often, which started on my S8 and now carrying over to my S9+. Which this didn't start occurring until January all over my market. I mean this even happens when I'm completely outdoors, or driving in my vehicle.

I mean I don't even get service like I told you before at a major Plaza that's basically very close to a major highway. The plaza has a Best Buy, Home Depot, Chick-fil-A, Miller's Ale House, Twin Peaks Sports Bar and Grill. Or anywhere in that Plaza even outside I'm not even able to make a simple phone call. Which mind you less than 3 miles away it's also situated near a college campus as well. And there's many many many different things around there, even different plazas, even a different mall than the one I speak of. Which again this is even off a major busy street as well. But the same thing is happening. I'm getting one bar over there and can't do anything. This is been happening for years. Which this area I speak of is about 15 miles away from my home area. On top of all those other places I have issues with, that are like 20 miles, or 42 miles away(which even local engineers have acknowledged issues for that whole 42 mile stetch), which we've discussed before in different replies above.

I mean honestly this is just beyond ridiculous.

• am321

Also mind you when I first started writing the replies today, I was getting 3-4 bars fluctuating constantly. But I was unable to use the device at all device. On top of it, now I'm still sitting in the same place. But it went down to 2 bars and is staying there. So it fluctuates quite often, But no matter what amount of signal I have(at least for my house specifically). I'm unable to make a call, or use the internet on the device. I have to use Wi-Fi calling, and obviously be connected to a Wi-Fi network in order just to be able to use any type of service on the phone in my house 100% of the time.

But in the last 2 weeks the bars on the phone have proved, but the service itself has not improved at all. I mean in the bathroom I was even getting X over my service, now I have one bar that's still completely unusable. But until 2 weeks ago I never had 3-4 bars, usually it was just 1 bar and then very rare was 2 bars. But even with 1-2 bars then, I was still unable to use the phone. So the bars itself on the phone holds no real meaning or value to the service itself working.

• am321

Also as far as the service, throughout the day on some days. The number of bars on the device has improved, meaning that it show more bars than just one or X over the service. But the service is exactly the same or worse in terms of me using the device. I'm still not able to make one individual call from home at all, and it's so bad that it tells me that I'm not registered on the network. So I automatically you can figure out how the data is as well, completely non usable.

I'm also still having problems away from home as well.

So the only other option is to call corporate again on Monday, and see where it goes from there. I mean I would think by now the offline team would have relayed Oscar a message in over a month. Even if they were adding new spectrum, and brand new cell sites from complete scratch you would at least tell me to be patient kind of like what the other person in this post was talking about. About waiting it out and seeing how it goes because they improved. But I didn't even get some type of call like that. Even corporate is hanging me out to dry with no answer as to why this is happening.

The only thing that has happened is that T-Mobile as a whole gave me $25 off(basic tech support did a few months ago), and then the last time when I called corporate they gave me the whole entire bill for last month free because of these issues. But honestly I can care less for getting any money off my bill, I just want the service to work properly where I can use it. I'm clearly not the only one having these issues in the market, and this is one of T-Mobile's biggest markets in the country. So I would think that they would care to try to fix it and at least do the right thing for the customer. Also especially being a big touristic market where a lot of people come for vacation, spring break things of that nature.

I mean I don't understand why they just don't care! Because it seems like they don't give 2 shi t's about it! Which to me is starting to revert back to the old T-Mobile ways before the serve became good, and got money put into it!(using the service & customer service on the phone).

• am321

So this here is how my data services for my home day in and day out is working. So you can only imagine how my call service is, if this is my data.

I mean literally every department at T-Mobile from the basic tech support, all the way to the offline department is completely not helping me. Every department is just completely hanging me out to dry.

I mean you guys claim excellent service. But this gated community is less than a year old built from scratch brand new(so the signal should be able to penetrate through house), nothing to do with the earth obstructing my signal of any kind, and not to mention my service bars fluctuate quite often between 1-4 bars. So I mean I'm capable of getting good bar anount. Now I just need that signal to actually work when I get these bars, and I need these bars to be stable

I mean the only thing to do is call corporate one more time, see what is going on and then from that if they have no answer or they're telling me to wait. I'm going to really have to switch carriers. I mean because at least I was supposed to get a call back from corporate technical support Oscar. Which shows me how how much T-Mobile has a hole cares about the situation. I mean even if it was going to take a while, Oscar should call me back and tell me hey it's going to take a long while we're building new cell sites completely from scratch, which the offline team confirmed with me etc. Because it's rude to even lie in front of corporate technical support as well and not even get an answer back. I mean a corporate customer care representative was also on the line with me, and corporate technical support Oscar when he said that he was going to call me back. I mean this is really how you're treating your customers?! Blatantly lying about calling people back. Then your coverage map in general, how you say one thing about service but it's the 360 opposite. Like you claim excellent service but it's beyond belief horrible and non usable at all. Again either have your coverage map reflect this type of service, or legitimately give me an answer and tell me you're really going to fix it. Not just try to improve the bars on the phone but the service is still exactly the same.

Screenshot_20180414-235147_OpenSignal.jpg

• am321

I also feel like basic 611 doesn't want to help me anymore. The reason I say that is because when I used to call I used to get transfer it immediately to somebody on the phone. Now ever since this incident, I call 611 and now I have to wait at least 20 minutes before I get someone to answer. Usually it's someone from overseas, compared to someone in the USA that I was getting every single time. Also it doesn't matter if I call during the day starting at 8AM or if I call after 10PM, I still have to wait over 20 minutes. Then on top of it before you never used to ask me my number, if you did you ask me just my last 4 digits which was rare. Now you're also having me confirm my full phone number through the automated machine before you transfer me. Which makes me think you're trying to find out what number I'm associated with so then you can do the 20 minute hold if it's that number. So I feel like this is a tactic to get us not to call anymore. Which is a shame that you're treating the customers like this.

I mean corporate don't acknowledge something if you don't have any intention on doing something about it. Especially lying about a call back which I didn't want or even asked for in the first place. Corporate just offered this because supposedly they were going to forward this issue to the offline team. Which you can't get in contact with via phone so they were just going to be the middleman so to speak. Replaying their information to corporate technical support Oscar

and then to me, but unfortunately that's not the case and I was blatantly lied to.

• am321

Here's another update period last week I called into corporate myself again. I spoke to a corporate customer care representative. She ended up telling me that they're working on the towers now all of the sudden again. After T-Mobile claimed before that they were 100% up and running according to the way T-Mobile likes and wants it. Like I mentioned before, how one day to the next it was broken now fixed. When they said it was going to take a long time to fix.

But I didn't get a call back from Oscar as of yet, and this corporate customer care representative couldn't tell me why he didn't call me back, or if he even would.

But right now I haven't seen any Improvement all over the market indoors, outdoors, driving etc. It's still the same as I last explained it to you in my previous replies. But the corporate customer care representative ended up giving me April's entire bill for free. She said especially I've purchased Galaxy S9+, the same exact service was occurring but the issues. Then to add the cherry on top, Wi-Fi calling not working on the device like I explained in the previous replies above. So like I said she ended up comping April's bill. But honestly how many times can they keep giving me discounts or free month's on the bill. I mean all I want is my service to be working like it's supposed to, and to get what I paid for. I don't want any compensation.

So honestly I do not know what to say or do anymore!

• dragon1562

I know your pain and that is how it was for me for a while as well. Honestly it is just a waiting game. This type of stuff doesn't happen over night. It often takes months just to get a permit filed to let someone install new equipment on a cell site. Thanks for the updates though. Try to hang in there.

• am321

I'm not talking about the new cell sites. I know how they work, and I discussed it with you above if you remember. Sorry I should have been more clear. If you remember before I spoke to corporate customer care even the first time. First they told me they're working on the towers market wide and that it was going to take a while. This was just to fix the issue with already existing towers. Then within 24 hours they told me that it was completely working up to date just like how T-mobile wants it with all the towers market wide, according to the local engineers. This was before I called corporate the very first time. Then the first time I called the corporate, all they did was just forward a ticket to try an escalate this issue. Only the second time when I talked to a corporate customer care representative, while on the line with a corporate technical support tech which was Oscar. Only then did we discuss adding brand new cell sites. The second call to corporate which was this called call with Oscar, they couldn't tell me what was going on at the time. But when I called corporate for the third time, it was when the lady told me that they are working on the towers again(not adding any new), So it took me 3 corporate calls, just for them to continue working on the towers. Not giving up and closing the case, which was the problem when I was talking to the regular techs. Before even calling corporate the first time.

• am321

Hey this is another update.

I haven't heard back from corporate technical support Oscar. At this point it's safe to say that he's not going to return my call.

• eddiehaskell

I haven't heard about any 600 in s FL yet. I do know there are plans for upgrades very soon for that area (most likely 700 at first) with 600 coming after the TV stations exit it. What phone are you currently using in the area

TMobile is growing and expanding rapidly so a drawback of that can be seen with certain phones not performing up to full potential on the network. That's why I'm wondering which phone to narrow that out

• am321

First off I already found multiple tickets for Wi-Fi calling and nothing is working. What exactly is going on is I'm connected to Wi-Fi calling, but I'm not receiving some calls, and having trouble making a good amount of calls. Sometimes I'm even getting some errors within the settings. Now I'm also getting the problem where on the S9+ it doesn't even turn off signal bars from T-Mobile. It keeps them on. So I'm able to make an outgoing call on Wi-Fi just fine. But majority of the incoming calls do not come through because you're picking up the bars. Which my signal so bad 99% of the calls do not come through. I'm saying this because on the S8 there used to be an X over my signal bars, as long I have the Wi-Fi preferred phone for the Wi-Fi calling, and actually have the Wi-Fi calling on itself. Put on the S9 it doesn't do that it just keeps the signal bars normal even fluctuating, at the same time I do see that Wi-Fi calling logo in the same position like normal, on the top left hand corner.

It's like I'm going in circles, everything I do to try to fix it with tickets in the whole shebang doesn't get fixed. It's like they ignore it or they claim nothing is wrong when it clearly is. I can take videos showing you, I can take screenshots showing you, I can do whatever it takes to prove it to people. Because it's really going on.

Also I want to know your take if you care to answer. As to why corporate is telling me this and not really fixing it ,and everything I mentioned with that? Because it seems like you skip over that part of my response every time. Plus I'm not even the only one in this community support site to talk about the mapping different than what they claim. And what they were talking about is actual mountains and infrastructures in California at least over a thousand miles away from me. I engaged in that conversation because I have that issue multiple places within my market, where T-Mobile lies about coverage, they show on the coverage map that I have excellent service, but reality in I have beyond belief horrible service. Some places like inside buildings they claim have excellent service, I have no service at all, which is like what that post on this site and referring to was talking about. They're talking about with actual land like mountains and stuff getting no service. Where T-Mobile claims excellent for them. Here is the link to the post I'm referring to on this T-Mobile support community website. https://support.t-mobile.com/thread/142744 .

• ryokecra125

The maps show that there is a TV station scheduled to finalize repacking in South Florida by June. Probably the 600 MHz band was preinstalled and will be activated when it is complete. What's strange is the poor performance of the network in your area, despite the new towers.

• am321

First off thank you for replying to me and giving me this information. Second of all where did you get this map from? As I would like to see the map, or the app that is displaying this map and letting you know about the TV station.

Also are you actually seeing the new towers on the map? Or are you just assuming that based off what I said? Because I have a feeling like you're basing it off what I said, which I could be wrong. But that's the feeling I get. The reason I say that is because I did discuss within the last week with corporate customer care, and corporate technical support on the line at the same time. Which they were talking about adding brand new cell sites from scratch. In other words adding brand new spectrum in the area. Which I don't think within one week already they're going to have a brand new cell site from scratch put up and ready to go. Which they're talking about adding multiple, but I don't even think one can be completed in about a week's time span. So I just want to make it clear that if you are talking about what I said about the new towers. They're not up yet, not even close. Because they just been discussed last week like I said. Then I have to wait for my call back from Oscar from corporate technical support, which can take a while he said. Which he was forwarding this information to his boss and his boss was going to forward this to the "offline department", Which is higher than me talking to corporate customer care and or corporate technical support. At this point Oscar from corporate technical support is just the middleman or the messenger in other words, just relaying the information to me.

• am321

This is just an update, so far I have not gotten a call back from technical support Oscar. I'm starting to feel like my conversation with corporate for the second time was just a rouge. So if I don't hear back from anybody by next Monday, then I'm going to be calling corporate again. But if I'm getting the same BS answers, then I have no choice but to leave T-Mobile unfortunately.