How to enable 4g/LTE?

So my phone is an HTC 10. Factory US unlocked and should work with Tmobile. Using a cell network monitor the phone connects to bands 2 and 4 but stays on 2g instead of connecting to LTE. Could the sim card be faulty or something on tmobiles end? Ive tried everything possible now, checked apns, flashed roms and radios and kernels. Nothing works. Was there some type of registration you need to do when you insert a sim card into a new phone?

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: How to enable 4g/LTE?

Hey there! Do you have the specific model number of this phone? Also, what is your ZIP code where you are trying to use this phone? Lastly, I know you said you flashed roms and kernals but are you now back to the stock rom and SW version?

• j.a.r.v.i.s

Hi grannyapple - I saw over on there are multiple HTC 10 versions.  As tmo_chris said, model will help to see if it has the correct radios bands.  Over on GSMArena i see that the following bands are supported for the US version:

LTE band 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 20(800), 28(700), 29(700), 30(2300)

To work with TMO network you need LTE Bands 2,4,12,66 or 71 - so you should get some LTE signal...

• tmo_mike_c

Just dropping in to see if you still need some help. Please give us a holler and let us know how it's going.