Rebates

magenta4053137

I am really upset that I was lied to. I left Sprint for t mobile because t mobile said if I switched they would pay the balance of the phones from Sprint. They also said that they had the Bogo deal. Which consist of purchasing 1 samsung or iphone and turning in 1 device. Not the case. I was lied to. I am not the only one going through this so I know I'm not crazy. The thing is that T mobile doesn't want to honor what I was told in the store which is very frustrating to the point that I may file a complaint with the BBB if t mobile doesn' honor both Bogo and the freedm.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Rebates

This is so rough and I really want to see this get resolved for you. I'm curious as to what happened here exactly. Were you told you qualified for the BOGO and the Carrier Freedom by a store rep, then told later that you couldn't? Or, were you getting an error somewhere during the process of trying to redeem the offers? Also, when did you make the purchase for the BOGO offer?

• magenta4053137

I was told this information by the sales rep. I called customer care on Monday and they said they would only honor 1 of the bogo for the amount of $650.00 credit when the credit should be for $750.00. That was the price of the phone before taxes. Ashley made the adjustment but they haven' shown up yet on the bill yet. Then Trevor another customer service rep said I would have to go to the store and ask for a manager and tell the manager what I was told and that T mobile is not honoring the Bogo on the iphones. This is very deceiving sale pitch they are using to get customers to switch. I am also waiting on my acivation fees to be returned to me. $25.00 a line that I paid. I work for the school district but the store said they could not waive the fee. I have submitted the required documentation and my  check stub and still have not received my rebate yet or discount on the plan. The 8 week waiting period will be up on on the 14th of March.

• magenta4053137

The sales rep. Said I qualified for both the freedom and the Bogo as long was I purchased a phone and turned in a phone to t mobile. Which I did. Now I find out my Bogo got denied.

• tmo_mike_c

Hmm, that's so strange. The most recent BOGO offer I'm seeing that's related to the one you're talking about doesn't say that Carrier Freedom can be combined with the offer. I'm sorry for any confusion we've caused. Getting in touch with the store rep isn't something you should have to do, but I'm curious if you've ever touched base with them after you called customer service. I'd just like to know if they said they'd take care of getting you both offers personally or if you'd need to do anything other than what you've described here.

• randyrilex

We had the exact same problem 23 months ago.  T-Mobile had a "switch carrier" deal and we, too, left Sprint because they said they'd pay off the entire balance of our contract as well as pay off the balances of all our phones still under lease.  Simply go to my local T-Mobile store, sign up for the offer and walk out with all new phones (after turning in the ones we had with Sprint which made sense since they were paying them off).  The store manager went over all the paperwork, they called Sprint to verify we had a current account with them and away we went.  All we had to do to receive the payoff to Sprint was to submit our current bill and other paperwork listing the balance of our contract and the payoff balance for the 4 phones we had with them.

We did that.  Twice.  Total payoff to Sprint according to T-Mobile's switch campaign rules was $1280-ish dollars.  T-mobile confirmed they received our Sprint paperwork and the rebate would show up within 1-2 billing cycles.  Well, that was the only part T-Mobile made good on.  Our rebate showed up within about 45 days.

Everything else was absolutely untrue.  T-Mobile's rebate to us was $200.  And after listening to incompetent backpedaling from 2 store managers and 2 calls to customer service we ended up eating over $1000 to eventually close out or Spring account.  Yes, you read it correctly.  It cost us over $1500 when the switch was finally complete after paying their upfront phone costs, activation fees, etc... Then we were trapped.  We couldn't leave T-Mobile over this debaucle because we now had balances on 4 new phones for 24 months.  Well, our contract is finally up next month and I'm searching for a new carrier to save us from what was the worst cell phone carrier experience of our lives.  So the moral of the story is "buyer beware".  They promised a lot and delivered nothing even after taking the issue to the highest levels available to us.  In fact none of us had voice mail for over 8 months.

I've been looking forward to this day for a long time when we can finally walk away.  I've never felt so taken advantage of.

• tmo_mike_c

This is just a horrible story and I really wish we could have done better for you. We do have folks like our T-Force team that do have account access and could look in to the rebate issue for you. If you're still having voicemail trouble, we can take steps to resolve that too. I just want to try to help you before you decide to switch. Please let us know if we can help, and for what it's worth, thank you for coming here and telling us your story.

• randyrilex

I'm so sorry I didn't reply to this sooner, Mike.  Normally I just read through the discussions but this topic caught my eye and I felt a lot of sympathy for the OP.

Although I appreciate your offer to try going back and helping us, I'm afraid I have neither the faith nor the stamina to go through it again with a whole new team of yours.  I logged into our account last night and since we only had one billing period left on the phones I went and paid all of them off so I could start shopping somewhere else.  I need to upgrade my phone due to battery issues and I tried several times in the last 4-5 months but nothing was available to us..  So I don't want a new carrier making promises to "take care of us" in order to get our business because that road's been traveled before and the toll was extremely expensive.

I'll admit that never once was a T-Mobile representative or manager less than exceptionally kind.to us so good for you guys for remaining professional and easy to speak with.  I only wish one of them actually had the power or ability to actually do something.  So I wanted anyone reading this to know that as long as my rant was, it had nothing to do with the employees professionalism at T-Mobile.  It's just unfortunate that this situation along with a lot of other people I've read about overshadows all the work you guys seem to have put into your jobs.

• magenta4053137

File a complaint with BBB. It' never too late to get ur money back.

• magenta4053137

T mobile is working on refunding me but only for $650.00 I paid $750.00 for the samsung phones. For the iphones I paid $850.00 for one and $800 for the nother. I would like the amount that I was taxed for which was $750.00. Any help you can provide would greatly appreciated.

• tmo_mike_c

I'm glad the refund is being worked on but we may be able to look into the specific of why you're getting that amount with our T-Force team. They have account access and can look at this a bit further. You should give them a shot at this by using the Facebook or Twitter links in my badge below or the social media links in our Contact Us page.

• randyrilex

I have to apologize for not knowing your entire story, Magenta.  But obviously I'm way late to this party since 2 years have passed before I saw this.

I do remember that the current offer at the time we signed up stated T-Mobile would pay up to $650 per phone to your old carrier plus the entire balance of the contract itself.  Is this something that would have applied to your situation or have I missed too much of the conversation?  We were well out of our Sprint contract when we switched so we didn't have a contract balance anymore since I think we'd been with them for maybe 4 years.  But obviously we needed to upgrade phones during that time period and it just so happened that we weren't very deep into a new lease deal  before switching so we basically owed the entire balance on all the leased phones.  None of them, however, exceeded the $650 limit so as I mentioned earlier there was no reason for T-Mobile not to honor the rebate offer in it's entirety at the time we switched.

Sadly, we were literally stuck with Sprint at the time and here's why...  When we first joined them they had (by today's standards) an insane offer on the table where we got a plan for 4 lines but the Voice/Data allowances were completely reversed than they are now.  We all had unlimited DATA but a cap on our talk minutes.  Well, at that time there weren't nearly the number of apps and websites there are today where anyone incurred overage charges on Data.  Unfortunately our bill kept going up each year due to changes in terms or whatever the reason was and each time we called to implore them to show us a way to reduce our monthly bill, every single person said it couldn't be done.  Now we know why.  We had one of the most coveted cell phone plans by today's power user standards..  And I'm kind of kicking myself because come to find out there are people who are able to somehow sell those old plans to new customers because they're extremely valuable.  Not sure how they're doing it or getting around the rules but... You could download a thousand movies and two thousands albums a day every single month because no one foresaw anyone remotely downloading more than about 500MB-1G of Data per month.  But if you did that today, most carriers have plans with strict data limits to ensure their customers have an equal shot at download speeds without it being screwed by someone with a plan like ours.  Anyway, we just wanted out of the high cost of the plan because it made no sense.  So T-Mobile's offer was a godsend.  Well, should have been, anyway.  That's why we're tapping out.  And it's based on principle, not because outrageously high monthly bills.

• magenta4344271

We have called TM customer care and promotions dept but getting nowhere to what we were promised of the $750 rebate. They told us we are too late to give a trade( phone) and was told by customer care that they can offer a $300 towards the bill. How come? It's a BOGO Deal, 1 Samsung Note 8 cost us $950. Why the $300 offer towards our bill? This is not fair!!! THIS IS NOT OUR MISTAKE. WHY ARE WE BEING PUNISHED FOR A MISTAKE MADE BY THEIR  EMPLOYEE? Also we were promised that District Manager will call us about the situation but to this day, we have not heard from them whoever is the DM in San Antonio, TX area. As new customer, we will not recommend TMobile to our friends and families for their lies and deceptions. Also TMobile do not honor their Military discount being that hubby was retired in the Army. It's a shame that TMobile is doing this to us.

1 of 1 people found this helpful