Device memory size issue

rajaanthony

So Bought a Galaxy NOTE 5 about 2 years back, also got the Insurance coverage as well. Which is suppose to INSURE the phone. So my phone speaker quits working. I take into a T mobile store  and they say we can order you a replacement. I say fine. It arrived yesterday 03/06/2018 so I go to the store and after about 3 hours, almost one of which required i wait outside because the store closes at 8 p.m., the transfer of all my apps and media transferred to the New Phone. Im tired, its late, I sat outside in the cold to continue using the stores WiFi, and hungry. I get home and i notice my phones saying MEMORY IS LOW. Im like but how!??! I go into the device and see it is only a 32G!!

I go to the store on my lunch break and they say we no longer have 64G and we cant give you your old phone back.....But all this time I paid for the iNSURANCE ON A 64G, & I paid the price of a 64G phone. From my hard earned money.......and because T mobile doesn't carry a 64G i have to suffer.

*edited for relevance, removed unrelated tags - Marissa

All replies

• rajaanthony

Re: Device memory size issue

This is the conversation that has taken place so far..............

You

at 13:53, Mar 6:

I purchased a brand new Note5 and has the Insurance i paid ever since then on it. It finally quits working from the speaker, I take it in they send me back a 34G when I PAID FOR a 64G, on top of that they label the package as a 64G misleading me, and packing it like so. I was told I cannot get 64G and need to speak to customer service.

T-Mobile

at 13:53, Mar 6:

Hi! Looking to preorder the Samsung Galaxy S9? Find everything you need here: http://t-mo.co/MSGPreorderSamsungWeb . Have another question? A rep will be with you shortly—continue your conversation on-the-go with the T-Mobile App
        You
        at 13:54, Mar 6:
        What is the point of the INSURANCE if it does not "INSURE" the product!?!?!!

You
        at 13:56, Mar 6:
        Then for the company to mislabel and purposely send me the box labeled like so............false advertisement at its finest. By a corporation!

Crisanto
        at 13:57, Mar 6:
        Hi there RajaAnthony! Thank you for patiently waiting in the queue. I'm glad that we are connected now. I got your message and I am pulling up your account to check about it. Please bear with me.

Crisanto
        at 14:00, Mar 6:
        Okay, I see several devise here. May I know which phone is it?

You
        at 14:01, Mar 6:
        NOTE5

Crisanto
        at 14:06, Mar 6:
        Thank you RajaAnthony. Can you get the IMEI of your device for me so I can cross check here?

You
        at 14:07, Mar 6:
        XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You
        THIS WAS THE HPNE THEY REPLACED MY NOTE 5 WITH,

You
        PHONE*

You
        at 14:08, Mar 6:
        i HAD A NOTE 5 64 AND THEY SEND ME A 32

You
        but on the box they put 64

Crisanto
        So did you process an insurance claim for the note 5?

You
        at 14:09, Mar 6:
        i took the original phone in, the sent a replacement to the store i went in picked it up. when i got home i realized it was only 32G i went to store they said they can do anything about it

You
        at 14:10, Mar 6:
        customer service has too

An agent will respond shortly

Crisanto
        at 14:14, Mar 6:
        I see. I do apologize about that RajaAnthony. I understand where you are coming from. I would have felt the same way too. No worries, looking from here that the previous rep you spoke to already had set a follow up so they can update you about this. You should expect a call on 3/7 at 12.

You
        at 14:15, Mar 6:
        I NEED THIS FIXED NOW

You
        at 14:15, Mar 6:
        TODAY

Crisanto
        at 14:24, Mar 6:
        Okay RajaAnthony. I've looked into the warranty exchange and see that the device you have is a 64GB device. I would suggest going to the store to have that verified since I'm unable to verify it here personally. Now once they verified that it is really a 32GB device then they should notate it on your account so that when you contact us again we have it documented. That way we can take the next necessary action.

You
        at 14:25, Mar 6:
        I ALREADY DID VERIFY AT THE STORE

You
        at 14:26, Mar 6:
        i just called the store back

You
        at 14:26, Mar 6:
        she said she is notating it

Crisanto
        at 14:27, Mar 6:
        Yes I understand, however we need this documented and only the person at the store can have it noted on the account so that once you contact us and did a replacement again it would not cause more issue.

Crisanto
        at 14:28, Mar 6:
        Allow me to check on the memos.

You
        shes in my account notating it as we speak

You
        i have her on my office phone

Crisanto
        at 14:30, Mar 6:
        Are you calling the Store rep or a customer service rep?

You
        at 14:30, Mar 6:
        the store rep she told me she just updated it

You
        at 14:31, Mar 6:
        her name is Blanca

Crisanto
        at 14:32, Mar 6:
        Alright great, let me check on that.

You
        at 14:32, Mar 6:
        OK

Crisanto
        at 14:37, Mar 6:
        Yes I got the memo now. Please allow me a few minutes to check what options we can do. Thank you.

You
        at 14:37, Mar 6:
        TY

Crisanto
        at 14:58, Mar 6:
        I just wanted to let you know that we're still connected. I'm still reviewing the account to give you best assistance. Please stay connected.

You
        at 14:59, Mar 6:
        OK TY

Crisanto
        at 15:16, Mar 6:
        Thank you for waiting. Have you used the device already?

You
        at 15:17, Mar 6:
        yes once they transferred my apps over and media, i left the store. I noticed when I got home last night, that it said memory was low......I was like WTH! So I go into the device and see that it is only a 32G

Crisanto
        at 15:23, Mar 6:
        Oh! That was definitely shocking I would have been surprised as well. Please bear with me to look for a solution for this.

You
        at 15:23, Mar 6:
        ok
        Crisanto
        at 15:32, Mar 6:
        Thank you for patiently waiting. I'm sorry for what a happened on the exchange it. I'm sure that it unintentional that a wrong device spec was boxed. Would you consider getting a memory card with 32GB capacity then we can credit back the amount to your bill. Just a suggestion?

You
        at 15:34, Mar 6:
        the note 5 is selaed

You
        at 15:34, Mar 6:
        sealed*Read

Crisanto
        at 15:37, Mar 6:
        Oh! Sorry about that, would you consider upgrading to a new device instead?

You
        at 15:38, Mar 6:
        like what?

Crisanto
        at 15:39, Mar 6:
        Okay, let me see what upgrade options here. I'll send a One time PIN now to verify first.

Crisanto
        at 15:39, Mar 6:
        PIN has been sent.

You
        at 15:40, Mar 6:
        XXXXXX

Crisanto
        at 15:44, Mar 6:
        Okay, I can see here that we can offer you the New Samsung S9 with zero down for you. Aside from that when you trade in your Note 5 you'll get $200.00 off as bill credit towards the monthly plan of the S9. How cool is that?

You
        at 15:45, Mar 6:
        NOT COOL. i HAVE A NOTE FOR A REASON, i WANT A NOTE IN RETURN

You
        at 15:45, Mar 6:
        On top of that I got Insurance to have it replaced, not traded in to pay more money for another phone

Crisanto
        at 15:57, Mar 6:
        I apologize for the delay. Your time is truly valuable. Please allow me a few more minutes so I can get everything covered for you.

You
        at 16:00, Mar 6:
        OK

Crisanto
        at 16:03, Mar 6:
        Thank you for patiently waiting . As much as I would love to process another exchange however I'm unable to due to the only available stocks are the 32GB only. So I have another proposal for you to credit you $100.00 off your bill.

You
        at 16:08, Mar 6:
        But i paid for a "EXACT" phone replacement

You
        at 16:09, Mar 6:
        they should give me a refurbished note 8 64G then since the company does not have and take responsibilty and hold themselves accountable

You
        this is a breach of T mobile warrnaty exchange program

You
        a Policy they themselves wrote up and ammended
          • tidbits

It's your underwriter. If you ever read the pamphlet they sent you it has Assurion or Assurant all over it because they are the ones actually insuring you not T-Mobile, and they are the ones that write the policy. You could have been on Sprint, AT&T, or Verizon and the exact same thing would have happened to you.  The rep filed the claim for you and did what was needed and it went there.  That was the extent that they could have done.  Too bad the rep decided to do it for you instead of explaining what you needed to do.  Then you'd see what the most common problem insurance is, and how bad it really is.

I have always told people insurance is only good within the first 6 month of owning a device and nothing more beyond that is a waste of money.  Chances are you could have repaired that speaker cheaper than what you paid insurance and deductible up to that point.

• dragon1562

That is a rough situation. Maybe you can try calling Samsung and seeing they can help point you in the right direction or speaking with the insurance company directly. If you do decide to upgrade I would wait if you can for the Note9. Also to make things more bearable maybe you could uninstall apps that are less important or push photos off the device and onto the cloud so they are not taking up physical space.