Frustrated New Customer

magenta3834531

I am a loyal customer and rarely go out of my way to rant but I am realizing that I'm not the only one upset. I can't believe there is no way to email customer service directly and the only option is a live chat or call (NON- US BASED CUSTOMER SERVICE). Yes, that is convenient in some ways but not for everyone ALL the time. You do realize that since the website and app are soo terribly designed... most people end up HERE like I just did--- reading allll about how mad everyone else is. This makes it 100x's worse for someone who is just a little pissed off. Now I have to waste an hour of my day explaining again and I'm sure nothing will come out of it anyway. It would be great if T-Mobile took customer complaints and/or suggestions and took action with them. I would not be taking the time to write this if these things weren't a major problem.

My first issue is about the Family Where feature. Is there going to be an iOs version created in the near future so iPhone users can use the app because the fact that it only works with an android and isn't accurate on an iPhone is not good. I'm hoping there is something in the works with the developers at Apple because there is no reason this can't be done asap. On the T-Mobile app we have to take an extra step to turn off our WiFi to log in on a phone? Why? No other app requires this... and then when you click on a link to find something it just switches back and forth from the app to a browser window making me log in back and forth, back and forth until you're frustrated and finally on your desktop typing to the community. It's is ridiculous and wastes time. I see a lot of people are asking where to find things which confirms that it's not only me and both the website and app are not user friendly unless you want to pay a bill. You can't find anything without typing it into the search engine which is where you find everyone else complaining. (The entire website and app need to be re-vamped to flow smoothly to make a less irritating user experience).

Now today, after trying to set a time limit feature for my teenager, I was again irritated to find out we have to CHOOSE FROM GENERIC TIME FRAMES? This is completely pointless and probably only applies perfectly to 15% of the population. Some people have different dinner times, go to bed at different times and I would like to be able to set a custom time frame NOT from 11pm-6am. Honestly, with the other carriers there is wayyyy more control over things and we aren't forced to pick from what someone guesses is the majority. I would like a custom time from 12:30am to 6:30am and I guess it's just not possible which makes the feature not worth paying for. Working in web development myself, I know there's an extension for the back-end of the website that can accommodate this and the IT dept could change this easily. Again, I hate to keep saying this but the entire platform needs to be revised.

This is all very disappointing but my MAIN frustration started when I was lied to/scammed on the day I signed up. The sales guy/owner told my daughter and I to pick out $300 EACH of accessories for FREE. That's $600 Totally free. Can you imagine how in shock and excited I was? It was like Christmas and I asked several times are you sure, it's included, completely free, 100% included?? Yes Yesss he assured me that it was a promotion and we got lucky coming in that day. Come to find out they are ALL installments on my bill! I am paying $30 for a screen protector MONTHLY that I would've gotten for $5 somewhere and then unnecessary things I would've never just bought like an expensive wireless charging dock and an expensive Bluetooth speaker on top of cases, headphones, etc. We were like wow T-Mobile is awesome! I just hope this is not a normal practice within your company where the franchise owners are trained to scam customers because who cares, they won't know until the bill comes and the store already has their commissions. I can't afford to have someone straight up lie to my face --now paying an extra $150 on top of the phone plan. The reason I switched carriers in the first place was because my bill was as high as my car payment at AT&T and that was with 4 lines! Now I have a bigger problem with only 2 lines at almost $300... It should be around $155, including the new iPhone installments I agreed on, NOT ACCESSORY INSTALLMENTS I DIDN'T KNOW ABOUT! Who does that? I told him I wanted my bill as low as possible so why would he intentionally do that? Only to benefit himself, that's it and it's not something I fell for like an idiot because I didn't ask enough questions, I WAS LIED TO. When I called to explain this a few times, customer service just blew it off. I really don't want to hear I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do 20 more times or well did you try taking the accessories back? SERIOUSLY? I refuse to keep going back to the store to find the guy that did this and start a full-blown argument because he will just tell me that he DID tell me and I just don't remember. I know how this works and this is now a company issue, NOT the franchise. If this were me in an owner/management position, especially a huge company like T-Mobile, I would have taken the charges off of the customer’s bill and the company would eat it OR the person who lied would be paying those installments out of their pay check... Only THEN it would've been my lucky day.

After being scammed by someone who seemed to be a trusted store owner, paying for features that are mediocre at best, I am technically still a NEW customer and there is no reason this can't be taken care of. If you could be so kind to forward this to a higher up that can actually do something that would be great. If there was another way, I would not be telling the entire T-Mobile community what happened. No email address = Everyone knows. Please let me know what you can do and if a manager in the U.S. can contact me, even better. Thank you

All replies

• tmo_chris

Re: Frustrated New Customer

Hey magenta3834531,

Thanks for taking the time to post on our community! I't is very disheartening that your first post had to be about such a poor experience with us but I want to do everything I can to help you here. To make sure we don't miss any points, I am going to bullet out  the list of your major concerns.

• E-Mail correspondence- While we do not have a way to email our care or tech support teams, we do have other means of written correspondence. If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can use the links in my signature to send a private message to our T-Force team.
        • FamilyWhere feature - We greatly appreciate your feedback on this. I totally agree with you that having a custom time blocking option would make it 100% better and available to more users. While we don't have any ETR on when/if we can implement this into FamilyWhere, I will most definitely ensure that your voice is heard by those who have the power to implement something like this.
          • iOS Compatibility - As of now, there is no FamilyWhere app for iOS devices so your experience browsing between the T-Mobile app and a web browser is going to be the expected behavior. I am not sure what devices your family uses but if everyone is on an iPhone, a great alternative is the "Find My friends" feature that Apple offers as it gives you the ability to track your family members.
        • T-Mobile app and WiFi - So this one actually used to be a know issue but we have fixed this. Please ensure you have downloaded the latest T-Mobile app from the app store and you should no longer have to disconnect from Wi-Fi to use the T-Mobile app
        • Accessory EIP - This one, I am incredible sorry that this was not accurately explained to you at the time of purchase. This is definitely not the experience we want our customers to have when visiting one of our stores. I am not sure how long you have had these accessories, but if it is less than 14 days, the best course of action would be returning to the store and speaking with the manager and letting them know this was not what was explained to you and that you would like to return these accessories. 
        • magenta3834531

Hi. I do appreciate the response. See my responses below in bold : )

E-Mail correspondence- While we do not have a way to email our care or tech support teams, we do have other means of written correspondence. If you have a Facebook or Twitter account, you can use the links in my signature to send a private message to our T-Force team.

Thank you.

FamilyWhere feature - We greatly appreciate your feedback on this. I totally agree with you that having a custom time blocking option would make it 100% better and available to more users. While we don't have any ETR on when/if we can implement this into FamilyWhere, I will most definitely ensure that your voice is heard by those who have the power to implement something like this. Thank you, please please do... without being able to customize it, the feature just doesn't compare to what you can do with other carriers : /

iOS Compatibility - As of now, there is no FamilyWhere app for iOS devices so your experience browsing between the T-Mobile app and a web browser is going to be the expected behavior. I am not sure what devices your family uses but if everyone is on an iPhone, a great alternative is the "Find My friends" feature that Apple offers as it gives you the ability to track your family members. I'd love to use Find My Friends or simply turning location services on but it's Not an option. The problem is that teenagers don't want to share their location with their parents on a constant basis. In fact they will turn any tracking setting OFF on their phone and there's nothing we can do about it. I need this feature to work accurately so when I need to check up on her when she is driving soon, I can and she won't have an alert coming to her phone that mom has located you lol. I will cross my fingers that this will be solved by October 2018 Is there anything in the works for an iOS version? If not, why?

T-Mobile app and WiFi - So this one actually used to be a know issue but we have fixed this. Please ensure you have downloaded the latest T-Mobile app from the app store and you should no longer have to disconnect from Wi-Fi to use the T-Mobile app I am all updated and it's still prompting me to turn it off.

Accessory EIP - This one, I am incredible sorry that this was not accurately explained to you at the time of purchase. This is definitely not the experience we want our customers to have when visiting one of our stores. I am not sure how long you have had these accessories, but if it is less than 14 days, the best course of action would be returning to the store and speaking with the manager and letting them know this was not what was explained to you and that you would like to return these accessories. It's been months now, and it wasn't something I realized right away since your first bill is higher due to the fees and activation. So it was already 60 days before I noticed a breakdown on my account online and I called but nothing was done. The thing is I know all about installments and explained to the guy that it killed me when I was with AT&T so he knew. Then when I asked are you sure everything is free, not just for today several times... he said yes it's all included, free free free. He knew I couldn't afford a $280 bill and I would NEVER have taken basically a loan out for $600 ON TOP of the cost of TWO NEW iPhones? I was prepared to pay installments on those but that's it. I would've just used a credit card if I wanted those accessories that bad. He straight up was dishonest and led me on to believe they were free and clear. This is what happened and it is unacceptable. I promise I'm not trying to get something for free and would admit if I could've just heard something wrong or a miscommunication or a misunderstanding but it wasn't. I've been in sales, I own a business, I get it... and I know exactly what he did and how and why AND I am 100% sure that it was not his first time doing it. He knew what he was going to tell me, get his commission and I wouldn't notice until months later...which sadly is exactly what happened and I'm sure the girl that was there knew about it too or she would have said something when I kept asking. Can you not do anything because it's a location owned by someone that's NOT T-Mobile? It was a T-Mobile store. It's very disappointing that I am just stuck paying $150 more on a phone bill that should only cost $150 for accessories I was conned into getting a loan on. Do you see why someone would be angry with this? Now I struggle to make this payment every month.

• tmo_chris

Thanks for getting back with me.

iOS compatibility – I know this is probably not what you want to hear but when using the FamilyWhere app, the device receives the message “Your phone can now be located by [parent phone number].” and it may resend this notification while the line is enrolled. I know getting this notification while driving can be super distracting but can be avoided if she is using some sort of driving mode application. If she is using an iPhone, there is a safe driving setting built in to the OS that can be enabled and disabled. As for an iOS app in the works, I don’t see anything at this time but that is not to say that it won’t happen. Apple is pretty restrictive with it comes to these kinds of features/apps as they like to keep things in house.

T-Mobile app and Wi-Fi – Well that is odd! What version does your T-Mobile app say that it is?

Accessory EIP – I am so sorry about that We are past the return timeframe now and I am not sure there is much we can do as far as a standard return goes. We would need to take a closer look at your account to see all the available options and ensure that feedback is provided to the store you visited. If you do have a Facebook or Twitter account and prefer written correspondence, I would recommend that you reach out to our T-Force team using the links in my signature. They will be able to pull up your account and do a full investigation and see what options are available.

• magenta4352556

I was about to create an thread for "FREE" Equipment that's being advertised by sale people. I am one of that customer that was scammed into "FREE" Equipment. I learned from T-Mobile not to trust everything that was advertised. You are not the only Customer that's stuck with an equipment that you thought it was free.