BOGO Rebate phone requirement???

magenta4292672

I recently started with TM, and sent in my rebate for the 2018 Q1 Samsung BOGO offer. One of the requirements of the BOGO offer is to turn in a qualifying phone. NOWHERE, can I fing information on how to turn in the old phone. I have talked to TM customer service, store, chat, phone 6 times and no one seems to know what I am supposed to do; however, they are all clear that I must turn in my phone. The last conversation on the 28th of Feb, I was told by a supervisor, he would call me the next day after he figured out the instructions for me to send in the phone as well as send me a prepaid label, I have received no call. I don't understand how TM has a policy but nobody there can tell me how to comply with it. I purchased online, I have not received a label in the box that my phone arrived in, and I cannot take to the store because they won't accept it, you can clearly tell I've been through many processes. Please help me figure out what to do, I am using the 2018 Q1 Samsung BOGO.

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: BOGO Rebate phone requirement???

Hey, magenta4292672! Welcome, and thanks for posting. You're right, the Q1 Samsung BOGO does require a trade-in. I noticed that you mentioned that you just started service, and that you ordered online -- the order process would have had you walk through the trade-in options and input the information for the phone you're trading in to get an estimate and a Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) number when you completed your order.

If so, typically you'd then log in to MyT-Mobile and then in the Order Status page you should see a section for your Trade In(s) and be able to click Print Shipping Label to download a copy of your label with the Trade-In device's IMEI, model, color, memory size, estimated value, and RMA.

All that said, there is a known issue impacting some customer's accounts right now where the label doesn't show. In this case, a representative with account access has a tool called a Device Tracking Portal where we can email the label to you. We can search by account number, mobile number, IMEI, or RMA number if you held on to those! Your account may not be impacted by the MyTMobile issue, but if you log in there and you're not seeing your labels, then just Contact Us and we can look it up for you.

I know you've tried a few options already, if reaching out online is preferable our T-Force team on Twitter and Facebook have a secure platform for account access and can help out with this! You can link to this thread so that you don't have to repeat your situation and they can read my reply and know exactly the tool I'm talking about.

• magenta4292672

I think you may want to walk through this process yourself. Nothing you have described even remotely happens during the purchase process nor is there an order status section. There is an order status under alerts but when I click on it, there is nothing about trade ins. As a matter of fact, when I look through my account activity, there is nothing about my trade-in. This seems to be the service pitfall of TM, nothing you have responded with is even close to anything anyone else has said; nor, does it exist. This is so frustrating and complicated but seems like it should be really easy.

• tmo_marissa

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear! The Order Status section under Alerts is the area of MyTMO I was referring to, so you're in the right place. Did you complete a trade-in when you placed your order? If so, and you're still not seeing any Trade-In Details, then your account may be impacted by the known issue I mentioned above, in which case a representative with account access will be able to use the process I referred to in order to email you a copy of your label!

• magenta4292672

I just spent 29 minutes with a TM customer service rep. followed your instructions on where to find the label info, again, no clue what I was talking about, never asked about the phone but said she didnt see any info about my return, rebate, didn't know what phones I purchased from you, etc. Beyond frustrating, she was my 8th contact about this issue and again, unsurprisingly, she had no clue what I was talking about nor had any process of tracking what phone I was sending other than me asking her to document it somewhere into my account. She finally emailed me a label but fear it will just go into some untracked bin and I'll be denied my rebate. I really don't understand how disconnected TM is with processes and information. Anyone interested in the BOGO offer, should take note and make sure you retain some proof that is well documented of the equipment that was turned in.

Marissa, everything you have posted makes sense but from the consumers side of the website interface, none of this is true, I recommend you walk through an order process and see for yourself. As a matter of fact, the bogo offers state that you have to trade in an eligible phone but nowhere does it clearly state what those are, I had to google it and finally found my way to another part of your website that listed what the phones are.

• tmo_marissa

magenta4292672, I'm very sorry if I'm adding confusion rather than assisting.
                        When you completed your initial order for new service online, did you fill in the information about your trade-in within the order process?
                        Initially, on the page where you're selecting the phone you want to buy, it looks like this:
                        trade1.png

Once you click Trade device, it opens a new window where you can complete a trade-in, here:

trade2.png

If you walked through this process, then please contact our T-Force team through Twitter or Facebook and link them to this thread. Ask them to read the reply above where I mentioned the known system issue (which representatives can find by searching for DOC-439114 in our internal system) that requires us, for impacted customers, to use the Device Tracking Portal to send the label to them.
                        If you did not follow this process when you initially placed your order, then I'm sorry to say that there is no trade-in option after the fact. The trade-in must be created at the same time as the new order. I hope that's not the case, but I want to be clear that if you ship your trade-in device in without an official Return Merchandise Authorization label, you will not receive trade in credit as we'll have no record of an official offer for your particular IMEI.

• magenta4294901

Hi,

Can I know which mobiles are eligible for trading an iphone8 in BOGO, which has rebate on it.