ACCOUNT FRAUD

magenta4269507

I've been a T-Mobile customer for over 5 years. Never had any issues with this company until a MONTH AGO. I called a week before I noticed Fraudulent activity on my account to set up a 6 number password to secure my account. A week goes by and I call to cancel a line on my contract and noticed I no longer owe that number. I was told by a T-Mobile representative that a T-MOBILE EMPLOYEE made changes on my account, that moment I realized I was being a victim of FRAUD because the employee made changes on my account WITHOUT MY ATHORIZATION. I'm paying for a device that I can't report either stolen or lost because of the change in number on my account. This happened on February 1st, not only they've taken a month now to resolve this, I have not receive an update nor a call from T-Mobile. Every week I call and they keep saying I will be contacted no later than that same week, the week goes by and I have to call again every week. This is the worst experience, I'm concerned about my personal information not being safe with T-Mobile.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: ACCOUNT FRAUD

Wow! I understand this is very serious and we need to make sure this gets resolved. I'm sorry you've called and haven't gotten a call back from someone. This is something we'll need account access. Have tried reaching our T-Force team? We wanna make sure this is taken care of and I'm sure they can. You can get in touch with them using the Facebook or Twitter links in my badge or on our Contact Us page.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • curiousone

On June 4, 2018 my checking account was fraudently accessed.  I learned of the fraud when I phoned my bank after an online seller of televisions called to see if I had ordered a tv; I hadn't. Had it not been for that call, my account would have been wiped out.  T-Mobile, until yesterday, was getting auto pay through my bank debit card.  They are the only company with access to the three digit code so this points to employee fraud.  Their customer service people refused to connect me to the fraud department, saying they will refer it. There is no indication that it was actually done.

You are not alone and I don't suspect I am either.

No one appears to care.

• curiousone

I got the same canned email response Magenta got.  No, I am not using FB or Twitter to resolve this.  That's what I thought My T-Mobile was supposed to be for.  This isn't looking good.  What is this mysterious T-Force anyway?  Give us a phone number, please.

• magenta5612900

I can't believe how cryptic T-Mobile's customer service team is. They were so gushy as they explained how sorry they were that my number was sold. Well, duh, that didn't help me solve the problem. I have spent so much time and energy on this; I am going to cancel my account today. I have started posting complaints on their Facebook page so it's public. I suggest you do the same.

Good luck!

• magenta5612900

I am sorry you have experienced this fraudulent activity on your account. I have been a T-Mobile customer for 11 years. About three months ago, I discovered that a T-Mobile EMPLOYEE sold my number to someone without my permission. I had the most challenging time reaching anyone at T-Mobile who would actually care and help me. I used Facebook to contact the T-Force team; they were mostly helpful, but they never actually did anything to help me. They were super gushy and seemed to understand my concerns, but they could and would not actually help me.

I finally got some help after I emailed a detailed letter about my horrible experience to Mr. Legere at John.legere@t-mobile.com and other members of the executive board. I received a phone call from one of his executive assistants. She was mostly helpful and offered me a very small compensation for this huge hassle.

I am in the process of switching companies, but I wanted to respond to your post before I cancelled my T-Mobile account. I can't wait to be done with T-Mobile!!!

• magenta5598738

magenta5598738. I have also been hit with fraud as T mobile allowed three (3) I phone 5's to be sold and billed to my account about a year ago. This May I misplaced my LG phone and paid for a new one in full with AMEX. The sales lady added a 6 digit PIN without my knowing/being told. I was told nothing about a new PIN.  My records now do not even show /reflect the old pin plus T mobile customer support is a joke. This give me your last 4 is how SSN's get stolen plus identity fraud occurs. I used to get supervisors 15 years ago when I went through 5 Blackberry phones. T mobile was German to begin with. I looked through billing since April this year. Someone is using my account also as payments are shown using a Discover and Master Card. I have neither card as I use cards for 800  plus FICO. I use AMEX preferred to buy phones and pay my bill in full direct from my bank. I would not give my last 4 to these clowns ever again.

• violet1998

I am so happy that I am not the only one that has been a victim of FRAUD due to T-Mobile’s lack of security. i have been a loyal customer for about 5 years now, never miss a payment, I am actually on autopay, and I have 5 phones with them. I received my monthly statement and saw that my bill had increased significantly so I proceeded to call Tmobile and to My surprise they said that the increase was due to 3 iPhones that had been purchased the previous month. My dad had authorized the purchase of 1 iPhone under his account, NOT 3. Upon further investigation, customer service tells me over the phone that the other 2 iPhones were purchased the very next day that my dad purchased his iPhone and at the same store and that an ID was used to purchase them. I was in disbelief and I went to the store myself. The manager at this store found that somebody used an ID that had my dads name to purchase the 2 iPhones. The ID only had my dads name, everything else was different. The picture, address, birthday, etc. Was different. The manager proceeded to say that my dads identity had been stolen, etc. Etc but I knew this was not the case because we did a credit Check on my dad and nothing had changed. I believe that One of the T-Mobile employees from this store got my dads account information and gave it to somebody who either had my dads name or made an ID with his name on it and proceeded to purchase the iPhones. tmobile, of course, denies this. I think it’s ridiculous that the only information a person needs in order to have access to your account is an ID with your picture and name on it. The manager called the fraud team of T-Mobile and reassured me that this issue was going to be resolved and that I wouldnt be responsible for the 2 phones, she said that a T-Mobile rep was going to contact me. A week passed and no contact was made and I was still being charged for the two phones on my account. I had to contact them myself and explain everything to customer service again. The customer service rep made an adjustment to my account and told me that I didn’t have to pay for those 2 phones so I made my regular monthly payment. The following week, T-Mobile contacts me and tells me I need to return to the store that the purchases were made under When I had already gone and was reassured that I wouldn’t have to return. This store is far from me but I went back just to get this resolved. upon arrival, I had to explain the situation AGAIN (Because apparently T-Mobile reps do not know how to keep detailed notes on the account) and the manager tells me that they had no idea of this and that there was no notes on the account as to why somebody told me that I had to return to the store. After 2 hours of waiting, the manager tells me he’s going to fax all of the information to T-Mobile fraud team and that it’s all handled, I’m not responsible for the phones and that I wouldnt have to come back. A week later, I get a call from T-Mobile saying that I owe money on my account and that my phones are going to be suspended. the rep tells me that it’s because I owe the money for those 2 phones. AGAIN I have to tell her the entire story, and she tells me that I’m responsible for it Still. After some argument She finally transfers me to a supervisor who tells me that the managers from the store (both of them) have not alerted T-Mobile and that they haven’t closed it out. She says they have done nothing. The supervisor wasn’t nice enough to adjust my account so that I wouldn’t be responsible for it this month. I think T-Mobile needs to take responsibility for all of the trouble I have been through

due to their carelessness. I am Still waiting for this to be closed out As it was Tmobiles fault that I was a victim of fraud. Will update on the situation as time passes. If this has happened to anyone please let me know.