Does t mobile support the Motorola z play Droid

magenta4272861

Does t mobile support the Motorola z play Droid

All replies

• dragon1562

Re: Rob Hansen

I am sorry but I do not understand your  question or concern. Also the title for the topic is unclear to me. If you were wondering about how the phone would work on the T-mobile network the answer is not very well as it is missing some of the bands that our now used on the T-mobile network.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_mike_c

Hi there and thanks for posting.

dragon1562 makes a really good point about the phone working on our network. Did you have any other questions or need more help? Please let us know. Thanks!

• drnewcomb2

T-Mobile does not really "support" phones they didn't sell. Regardless if it's a Nexus 6P or some Leagoo gray-market Chinese import, if they didn't sell it, it's a BYOD.

To specifics, the Moto Z Play Droid has at least three different versions with different bands (US, India & Europe). Which is yours? Assuming the US version. It looks like a decent phone. If you don't already own it but are just generally shopping and considering phones, I'd recommend that you hold off until a few more band-71 phones come onto the market. There are currently two and a half band-71 phones (Two shipping, one announced), all above $700. It shouldn't take too long before some enter the market below $500.

• ryokecra125

The Moto Z play Droid will support the T-Mobile network only partially. There are only 3 phones that support the T-Mobile network fully, taking advantage of their new 600 mhz lte, which allows them to compete with Verizon in coverage. The other phones T-Mobile sells have, firstly, GSM and UMTS. No need to worry here, as your phone supports these fully. The issue is with LTE. The Bands t-mobile uses are 2, 4, 12, 66, and 71. The Moto Z Play Droid only supports bands 2 and 4, which are high band. In major cities and suburbs, you will have little problem accessing the highest speed data. Your phone does not support band 12 a main T-Mobile band that gives it good coverage in rural areas. Verizon's superb coverage comes from almost the same band, so losing this will hurt. In all, I would recommend you get a new phone. I know the new Moto Z2 IS 50% off right now, I have that phone and it's great, especially if you have the Moto mods from your last phone. In addition, the new LG phones that support 600 MHz are BOGO, at least when I bought them 2 weeks ago, and they support that new 600 mhz. If you wanna keep your old phone I would only recommend it if you live in a major metropolitan area.

• tmo_marissa

Hey there! It looks like several Community members have offered good feedback here -- just wanted to make sure you didn't have any additional questions! Please let us know if you do. Thanks!