Billed for cancelled line?

magenta4283202

Hello,

I started with 2 lines, but I cancelled my second line on February 8, 2018. My last bill, which I paid, covered through February 26, 2018. The second line has been removed from my account, and my current line is set as the primary, but I just got a bill today, March 3, 2018 for 2 lines. Why am I still being billed for 2 lines if I only have one line, and I cancelled before the last billing cycle was up? Also, I get an error message "We are currently having trouble with your request. Please wait a few minutes and try again."  when I try to change my plan, and chat is not responding. Can anyone please help?

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: Billed for cancelled line?

Sorry you're having trouble with chat. This is definitely something we'll need to take a look at your account for. If our chat service is still giving you trouble, you should Contact Us and have  our Care folks look at this further. We can also have a ticket filed for the error message you're getting as well.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tidbits

Re: Billed for cancelled line?

magenta4283202 wrote:

Hello,

I started with 2 lines, but I cancelled my second line on February 8, 2018. My last bill, which I paid, covered through February 26, 2018. The second line has been removed from my account, and my current line is set as the primary, but I just got a bill today, March 3, 2018 for 2 lines. Why am I still being billed for 2 lines if I only have one line, and I cancelled before the last billing cycle was up? Also, I get an error message "We are currently having trouble with your request. Please wait a few minutes and try again." when I try to change my plan, and chat is not responding. Can anyone please help?

"was up" by meaning you cancelled before the end of the next cycle or you cancelled the previous cycle and this is the next cycle?

If you cancelled just this past cycle then it will be on your bill because it was active for that month and all months after that will not have it.  If a cycle has already passed then there is a problem with your bill being charged two lines as you already been billed.

Remember there are 2 dates and it's POST paid not PRE paid.  So what you are paying for is the previous month not the current month.

1 of 1 people found this helpful