I cannot make myself the primary user

elle1975

The person that signed me up for my service entered my details wrong(specifically my birthday) and now I cannot make myself the primary user. This is so frustrating that I cannot use the functions on my account. I tried calling T-Mobile and they were not able to help me they told me to go back to the place I got my service(Costco). I went to Costco and they told me to call T-Mobile..... has anyone run into this? How did you solve it?

All replies

• askrsik

Re: I cannot make myself the primary user

I am going through the same issue. No resolution yet.

• dragon1562

First let me say that I am sorry this happened this way. Next let me ask a few questions to get a better understanding of what is happening. When you made your account who was the person you had create it or did you mean the employee making it  for you messed up the info? If it was another person who made the account in there name then they will have to transfer ownership over to you. Are there any other lines on the account other than yours?

Also I wanted to add that this forum is a public forum made up of your peers and few admin so in order to make account changes it will need to be handled by T-mobile. You could try reaching them on Social Media like Facebook which would allow you to verify who you are with ID as a example.

Also your username has your phone number and a mod should come by soon providing a link to change it.

Hope this info helped and if you have any other questions I will do my best to help.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • tmo_mike_c

Hey there and thanks for coming here to post.

We really wanna make sure you get help with your account and dragon1562 asked some great questions that'll help narrow things down. Please give us a reply and let us know if you still need some help. Thank you!

• tmo_marissa

Hey, all! I went ahead and updated both of your usernames, elle1975 and askrsik -- as Dragon mentioned, this is a public user forum and one was a phone number while the other was a full email address, and we want to keep your info safe if we can!
              There are also some good questions in his reply if you've got a moment to take a look. If the first scenario he described is appropriate, and the issue is that the birth date entered when the account was created is yours, but incorrect, then bringing your photo ID by a T-Mobile corporate store should be all that we need in order to get the detail updated. If that's the situation, then I'm so sorry for the inconvenience and the added trip! I hope we're able to make it right for you ASAP.