Branched to a new discussion.

TMobile-One

magenta346643

I am on SimpleChoice and want to switch plan to TMobile-one.  I tried that via the web site but end up with this message:

Clicking on   Change Data or Add Services also do not work.  

Untitled.png

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Re: TMobile-One

Now that is a strange error message indeed, magenta346643! How long have you been seeing this error message? Do you know if you're the Primary Account Holder for your family account, or do you have a single line?

• magenta346643

I am the primary owner of the account , total of 4 lines in the account.  I don't know when the error message started.  I just started looking into upgrading on morning of March 4 and immediately got the error.  I guess I could walking into a store and get it done there.  It's just so much easier via web or at least I thought it would be easier.

• tmo_marissa

Welp, it's still a funky one to me! I thought perhaps you were getting the error because we had incorrect account permissions for your line, but if you're the PAH, then that shouldn't be the case. The mystery makes it all the funkier! Are you on a promo plan with any kind of free lines or one of the heavily discounted Simple Choice family plans we ran a few years ago? I wonder if MyTMO really knows what's best here!
                If you want to save some gas money, and you're active on social media, I highly recommend our T-Force team. They're the support teams on Facebook and Twitter -- in those channels we have a secure platform for account verification. We can take a look at what you currently have and what you're paying right now and see what really will be best for you -- we want you to be fitted for the correct plan for your family. Personally, switching to TMO ONE tax inclusive was more affordable for my family (even after adding ONE Plus to my line because I need the extra hotspot perks) because our taxes were SO high. But I know for many of our customers on legacy plans that might not be the case! That's part of the reason we made the promise to allow customers to retain their grandfathered plans and features as long as our billing system will support them (and in cases where they don't, we find or build a plan with the same or better services at the same or better price, like we did with our Rate Plan Simplification move a few years ago).

I hope you have the opportunity to work with a team who can make sure we're doing what's really in your best interest. While we're at it, we need to get a trouble ticket filed for that crazy error message so our IT teams can take a look!

• drnewcomb2

Most people on Simple Choice plans want to hang onto them. Are you sure you want to go to T-MobileONE?

• barcodeable

Not all Simple Choice Plans are the same... Based on magenta346643  current plan... he actually may benefit from migrating to the T-Mobile ONE Plan.  I have the Simple Choice Plan and that alone isn't stopping me from migrating, but my Family Stateside International Promo Calling Plan has me stuck in my current plan. If i am able to bring that to the ONE PLAN without having to pay any additional cost... i would switch tomorrow .

I would hate to leave my free Napster Unradio too .

• dragon1562

You can get the plan changed by calling in. This is how I went about it. Just dial 611 on your device or call this phone number from any phone 1 (877) 453-1304. If you don't want to talk on the phone you can visit a store location and make the changes there or talk with the T-force team on social media like Facebook/Twitter. No one will be able to make the changes on here however since it requires account level access and the forum is mainly made up of your peers with a few mods. Hope the info helped.

• magenta4298772

Please no! Please stop my account! This is fraud! My money has been stolen and my phone number no longer works! Oh please freeze my account!

• tmo_marissa

magenta4298772, yikes! I'm not sure what's happening here, but it sounds serious and like something that we need a team with account access to investigate ASAP. I reviewed the back end of the two user profiles in question -- yours and the OP's -- and I assure you that although your usernames are similar, that's because MagentaXXXXXXX is a default username -- the rest of your profile information and login credentials are unique. I sent you a PM in your inbox -- if you could let me know more about what's happening that led you to this conclusion I'd appreciate it!
                          That said, the situation that you're describing in this particular comment, while it doesn't seem to be related to our Support Community public user forum, does sound like a very big deal. I know I said as much in the private message I sent you, but I want to urge you again to please Contact Us and work with a team who can access your account as quickly as possible so that we can figure out what's happening and help.

Thank you, please keep me posted in PM.

- Marissa

• tmo_chris

Hey there! How did things go? Please let us know if you still need help.

• magenta4706685

I recently switched to tmobile one. was told that international calling was included free. yet I see a 25.00 charge. I was also told that each line would get 50gig I have 4. lines. is that correct. seems to good to be true.

• barcodeable

Unless there was some sort of promo distributed.. T-Mobile ONE includes free International texting (not free international calling) International calling is an add on feature but comes included with the T-Mobile ONE Plus... from what I have read.