Which version of T-Mobile Booster do I have?

duhmel

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/81chum/which_version_of_tmobile_booster_do_i_have/

I just transferred service to T-Mobile and get 1-2 bars of LTE service in my house. I got a Booster sent to me but the LTE light just blinks and there is no increase in LTE signal level in the house. Just did so investigation using Field Test and noticed that the coverage is on Band 12, which is not included in the capability of the first version of the Booster. The recently released Duo version does cover this band. The packaging says 'Personal Cellspot'. How can I figure out which version that I have and if this is no problem for my not getting a boost of the LTE signal?

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Welcome, duhmel, and thanks for posting! I can see you opened your Community account on the last day of January -- is that around the time that you placed the CellSpot order with us? Knowing when you ordered the device might help us narrow down which one you have. Also, do you have a booster with two units -- a window unit and then an interior unit -- or do you have a CellSpot that's a single item that connects to your home internet?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_marissa

Hey there! Just wanted to check in here and see if you still had questions about your coverage device. If so, please take a look at the clarifying questions asked above and let me know a few more details! Thank you!

• tmo_amanda

Happy Friday, duhmel!

We're hoping that by now you've been able to determine which version of the Personal CellSpot you have. If for some reason you're still unsure of which model you have, please answer the questions that Marissa asked above.

• dragon1562

Re: Which version of T-Mobile Booster do I have?

4G LTE Signal Booster Duo  this is a link to the v2 version of the cellspot which includes pictures. There are three types of cell spot, one requires you to plug in to the back of your router and uses your home internet to create a fresh signal that your phone can use 4G LTE CellSpot V2 , i provided a link of that one as well. Though based on the info provided I doubt you have this one. There was the 1st gen cellspot which has two units one that you put by the window and another that repeats the service for you from outside. Then there is the 2nd gen one which I linked and I linked the one that requires a internet connection.