What happened to Data Stash?

magenta2717812

I can no longer check my Data Stash online. What happened? I check it regularly but it is no longer visible and I have to call T-Mobile support and ask them how much I have left.

Going to Usage->Usage Overview no longer shows the stash. Is it visible somewhere else now?

TIA

All replies

• drnewcomb2

Re: What happened to Data Stash?

It's a not-so-subtle hint. T-Mobile clearly wants you to move to the ONE plan.

• dragon1562

With T-mobile only having unlimited plans, things like binge on and data stash have been going away since the info is not relevant for the majority of customers. I would call in and file a trouble ticket and see if they can add it back as it could of just been a accident.

• saburo

I sent a direct message to some random support presence at the website and was told my Data Stash is still alive and well. Could be a new quirk/flaw on the my t-mo website. For the longest time I was unable to access the details of my mobile wifi data plan under "plans and services." Hopefully someone notices and fixes this new website bug.

• barcodeable

I have made a post on this already.... now i see others are having the same issue.

I can't even upgrade my line if i wanted to... T-Mobile gives me no options to upgrade to.... I guess I have to join the ONE PLAN

umm, NO WAY

KEEP TRYING T-Mobile The psycological techniques won't work on me

IMG_4594.PNG

Yes. Current Simple Choice customers can keep the plans as long as they want, and most can add new lines under the rules of your existing plan.

• Simple Choice single line customers cannot add lines, but they can change their data amounts
              • Simple Choice multi-line customers can add lines and change their data amounts
              • Simple Choice Family Match customers can add lines at the same or higher data level
              1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • tmo_mike_c

Hey everyone!

Sorry the Data Stash info is MIA on our site. The good news is that our web engineers are working on this to get this resolved so you can see it. We appreciate your patience and my apologies again for the missing feature.

• barcodeable

Thank you very much for providing this information... I was beginning to think there were some sort of conspiracy going on .

Hopefully the engineers are also working on allowing us (simple choice subscriber) to upgrade/change our plan and/or data via the website... because currently there are no options to choose from .

IMG_4594.PNG

• tmo_mike_c

You're welcome barcodeable. For what it's worth, I can't see mine either so we're all in the same boat. How long has this plan change issue been happening? have you filed a ticket for this already?

Side note: When people talk about conspiracies, I always think about aliens visiting earth and people trying to cover it up. LOL!

• barcodeable

This issue of me not being able to Upgrade/downgrade or change my plan began about a week ago... I stop complaning about issues because these issues all deal with T-mobile's own website. I waste so much time notifying customer service about T-Mobile's website just for them to trouble shoot my phone, tablet,  and browser. I keep telling them it's not a ohone issue but a T-Mobile website issue...  There should be an easier way to send customer feedback without having to go through the T-mobile verification protocols when the issue has little to do with the customer and more to do with T-Mobile's own website.

Alien cover-ups can be a conspiracy too... but I have little knowledge about that subject matter.

Conspiracy

1. an evil, unlawful, treacherous, or surreptitious plan formulated in secret by two or more persons; plot.
                            • gnewcom

Actually, aliens did visit Earth, and apparently they took DataStash, because I can't find it.

• magenta4589195

No, this issue is not resolved.

According to my hotspot plan, I have 18GB plus data stash.

Now, today, I log in to find a warning that I've gone over and my service will be slowed - even though I have the full 20 GB of data stash.

My "plan" clearly includes it. If this is an attempt to get everyone to upgrade to T-Mobile One, that makes no sense with hotspot customers, since that option is not currently available to us.

So, where is the data stash? Why did it suddenly disappear?

• magenta_shaun

I remember working at a cell phone company that certain service order codes (SOC Codes) drive much of the features behind what the website shows consumers. For instance, if an individual has data stash then data stash should appear. If a person doesn't have data stash then data stash options would not appear, etc. The disappearance of these things could indicate that the company is no longer focusing on what it calls 'legacy' SOC codes or it could be a really long ongoing issue. By removing access to these items online, T-Mobile maybe saying it is time to switch plans, as we no longer make it easy for you to do business with your current plan. I chatted with T-Mobile customer support this evening and it was confirmed that the data stash feature is not currently unavailable, this is a known issue and T-mobile is currently working to resolve. I wonder if this translates to customer talk as "it's time to get off your old plan and move on with life". The irony here is I call T-mobile to inquire about the data stash and I am told about the wonderful website and mobile app to check our account usage. Additionally, my other line with a 'legacy' Simple Choice unlimited plan has had its data plan removed without notice. This has happened once or twice per year (a total of five times). One time it had been one week without data before the issue was resolved. The last time I chatted in to report the issue I was offered to switch to the new One Plan. That is when I knew for sure there could be trickery going on. Hey, let's face it, I pay a low price for four lines and a free 200mb tablet plan. The service is great, and T-mobile Tuesday ROCKS. I even like following the CEO on social media because he cares about his employees and customers. However, when things like this happens, and it does happen, I wonder what is the driving force. Did this happen by mistake, is there some rough operator at T-mobile messing with me, or is this the intention of some director's plan to make us switch? I contacted the retention department to inquire on getting discounts on phones, why these issues are happening and to discuss rate plans. I have never once received any subsidy on a phone with T-mobile. The T-mobile One users get BOGO deals frequently but not I. Not even the retention department could do any better for me. They actually said, "you are as low as you can go. We are here if you ever wish to come back." I do not want to leave but there is a difference in leaving because of not receiving what I pay for. In this case, access to data when I pay for unlimited data or access to view data stash when it was advertised I could check it 24/7. At the end of the day I am still their customer.