Security Questions

gary63

How do I change my security questions?  I find no link to do so.

All replies

• libg

Re: Security Questions

You sign in to My T-Mobile, then select Profile in the upper right corner, then select T-Mobile ID from the menu that populates on the lower left hand side of the display. In the resulting menu there's a line item for Security Questions and a magenta option to update that information!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • gary63

Thanks for your response.  However, when I click on the Profile link, all I get is the normal page of personal info.  I do not find T-Mobile ID on the lower left or anywhere else on the page.  Must be well hidden!

• tmo_amanda

Hey, gary63!

The steps may be different depending on your account. Do you have a postpaid or a pay in advance account? I followed the same steps that libg mentioned and was able to locate and update my security questions.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • gary63

Thanks for your and Marissa's replies.  I have a legacy account but that should not affect the info in the Profile.  Someone with any type of account should be able to change the username, password, and security questions.  Perhaps I don't know the magic word.

• tmo_marissa

gary63, do you have a legacy postpaid plan, or a legacy pay in advance plan? We know that the pay in advance view is different, and there may be a smaller Profile menu there -- although I see your point, we should want all customers to be able to update this information. The other thing I'm wondering is whether the line you're logging in with is established as the Primary Account Holder. I know that different access/permission levels will have differing MyTMO views as well!

• gary63

Thank you Marissa.  I am the account holder and I have a prepaid legacy plan.  As I said, every account holder should be able to change username (magenta423195 is a mouthful), password, and security questions.  I do not understand why there are different screens for different accounts and plans.  Everyone needs the same capability.

• tmo_chris

We can help ya change your username here on the community from gary63 to something else. What would you like it to be?

Also, thanks for clarifying your account type. Do you remember setting up security questions when you set up your my,t-mobile.com account? If not, are you being asked to enter answers to security questions you never actually set up?

• gary63

Thanks for your assist.  Gary63 would be my preferred username, if available.  I didn't set up security questions, which is why they don't make sense.  It is also essential that I be able to change my password.  As I've said, everyone should be able to make these changes, regardless of account type.

• tmo_chris

Okay, I got you all changed up. You are now Gary63. As for the security questions thing, if you are getting asked for security questions you did not set up, we are going to need to take a closer look at your account and possible open up a web support ticket. Please contact us when you have a spare moment.

• tmo_marissa

Hey there! Just wanted to check back in here and see if you'd had a chance to take a peek at Amanda's reply above. What type of account do you have? Were you able to locate this menu?