Is this fully paid off?

rrv

Hi,

I am buying a T-mobile iPhone 8 Plus from a Swappa seller. I am going to use on T-mobile only for one of my existing lines. But still, will I be able to unlock the phone right away?

I asked the seller if he has the proof that the phone is fully paid and he sent me the attached screenshot from his online t-mobile account since he doesn't have any receipt or original box.

IMG_9203.jpg

It looks like fully paid from the screenshot he sent me but still can someone please confirm?

Is there anyway he can report the phone as stolen 1-2-3-4 months from now? Is there anyway I can prevent that happening?

Thanks!

All replies

• tidbits

Re: Is this fully paid off?

Yes it is paid off, but that might not be what he sends you

ask him to get it unlocked first and show that the device is unlocked through iTunes with matching IMEI.

• dragon1562

I agree with tidbits. Having him unlock the device first before purchase is the safest way to do things.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • rrv

tidbits & dragon1562 Thanks so much   The seller told me its unlocked, but I'll have him send me proof for unlock before I buy it.

I need to buy a couple more T-mobile iPhone 8 pluses. Is there any cheapest (under 5-10 bucks) Non T-mobile sim card that I can just put in t-mobile iPhones and see if they're unlocked or not? I have Walmart & Best buy near me.

• tidbits

It doesn't have to be activated.  You can check ebay.  may be able to go into AT&T or Verizon for a sim, but I have a feeling they are going to make you activate a new line of service.

1 of 1 people found this helpful