SyncUp Drive device has stopped reporting GPS data

mualam

I have been using the syncup drive device for a while now and have been mostly happy with it.

Recently in the last week or so it stopped reporting GPS data on the vehicle i have had it plugged into for the last 6 months. all the drives were marked as the last place i had parked my car even though the car was 50 miles away from that place now. so i unplugged and replugged in the device and now all the drive show as "started from unknown location". There is also no more map in the app anymore either.

The app is upto date from the google play store as well

what do i do about this?

All replies

• dragon1562

Call into T-mobile support and see if they can Trouble shoot it from their end. You may need to exchange it for a new one if they can not get a fix.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • magenta5411150

This thing is a piece of garbage I had to call tech support and crawl under the steering wheel I'm 60 years old and a disabled vet that was very painful and uncomfortable. Once walking me through it in the heat had to reset it that was 3 weeks ago and now it's doing the same thing and showing that I'm coming and going from the same location the car is parked in the same location and it's nowhere near my house but the car is outside my window I need a new device while I want my money back

• hightechnology

I've already reset mine once once or twice in the first year of ownership, but the last several months have required resets every week or two.  The device is firmly plugged into my OBD port and the Wi-Fi hotspot feature works fine when driving (albeit being a bit slow and with more sensitive to poor network coverage).  So this is definitely a hardware/software issue in the device.

Just 2 weeks ago I fully reset the device via the web-based interface and it only worked for a week -- thus far, nothing reported for the past 8 days...

I'll need to call tech support to figure out what they recommend, otherwise I may just give up on this product.  It was a great concept on paper, but the actual execution was pretty poor based on a large number of reports of people who have this issue.