Branched from an earlier discussion.

Billed for two lines after switching to pay in advance

magenta3870062

I had 3 lines, then went to switch to prepaid and cancel the other 2. I made this very clear, and I got switched and got my final bill (I thought) then paid the new one.

But now I'm noticing more charges, so I called to undo this and the tech support didn't understand what "I cancelled that line, I don't have the phone" meant since she kept saying to send text messages to those lines to "verify". My bank info (knowing my account was overcharged) and social apparently wasn't enough. I don't know what to do. If I call again, I'll end up in that endless loop again.

*branched to new thread from closed post for visibility - Marissa

All replies

• tmo_marissa

Endless loops are absolutely not cool. It sounds like you reached out, converted one line to prepaid, and wanted to cancel the other two. Were you the billing responsible party on the account, and did you speak with the cancellations team to get the closing of the other two lines scheduled? Postpaid accounts are billed monthly, rather than prorated daily, unless you're making a change to the line (as in, conversion) so I'm wondering if this final bill might show a partial charge for the line that was converted to prepaid but the remaining monthly charge for the other two prior to their cancellation at the end of your bill cycle. If that's the case, then this is normal -- but we'd need to take a deeper look at the account to be certain.
        Are you able to reach out to our T-Force team via social media? On Twitter via DM and Facebook using Message, we can securely verify your account and make sure that these lines are closed out and that this bill is accurate. We don't want you overpaying -- especially not for service that you're not using!

• tmo_marissa

Hey, magenta3870062. I just wanted to check back in here and see if you'd had a chance to contact T-Force or reach out to our Care team so that we could take a deeper look at your account and help sort out the billing questions. How are things going for you?