So JOD and regular Jump down payment same

lumion

So I just contacted T-Mobile via the contact us page. I've been with T-Mobile for over 8 years and it seems that for me both regular JUMP and JUMP ON DEMAND down payments on NOTE 8 or IPhone X are 278$ and 150$.

I was hoping JOD would have at least given me a better deal on either of the phones , but I see no reason why upgrade to JOD if regular JUMP for me gives me same deals.

Any advice ?

All replies

• tidbits

Re: So JOD and regular Jump down payment same

yes and no.

JOD depends on your "credit score" and it's broken down to 18 months how much you pay with the last 6 months where you can opt out or buy the device outright, and switch devices without paying 50% or only jumping twice during a rolling year.

For example I am on JOD and my credit score is excellent.  I put 0 down on almost everything(some high value devices down payment no matter what).

Also JOD doesn't have a payment to enroll in so that's at least $60 a year saved compared to being on any Jump(1 or 2).  Jump does have insurance though and JOD does not.

• tmo_marissa

Hey, lumion! I know tidbits has been super helpful here, but I wanted to check in and make sure you didn't have any additional questions. To sum up; the required down payment amounts for EIP and JOD vary based on the individual account, and more often than not, they're the same regardless of the program you're using to upgrade. To switch from regular JUMP! (an EIP) to a JOD lease, the options that were explained to you are accurate as far as I know -- the only potential impact I can see is that if you leave the EIP open, it does use some of the equipment credit limit for your line, so there may not be as much equipment credit available for a new financing agreement (which might ultimately require a higher down payment). The other benefit of opting to pay off the remaining EIP balance, aside from just clearing out the equipment credit balance, is the potential to trade your existing device in once it's owned outright! 

• lumion

Just a quick update.

went to T-Mobile store and upgraded to jod on my line. Kept previously phone which is still on epi payments. Got the iPhone X for 0 down and 0 tax

• gotto

i got mine online when the rep told me i could get two iphone 8+ for free no down payment and no tax though he did say i would pay taxes in my monthly bill on the phones

• tidbits

gotto wrote:

i got mine online when the rep told me i could get two iphone 8+ for free no down payment and no tax though he did say i would pay taxes in my monthly bill on the phones

That $38 is more than likely shipping and their "service charge" and not the tax.  it's $20 for the service charge and $18 for overnight shipping.