iPhone Bogo and ripped off for three returned SIM cards

ticialove

I was really excited about the iPhone Bogo for Black Friday 2017. I called customer service about the details of the deal. The csr told me that I needed to pay for three SIM cards. Even though I told him that I would go to the store to purchase the phones. I was adding two additional lines to my account. I paid for them. No problem. Get to the local store and store rep wants to charge me for two SIM. I explained to him my situation and he di not charge me for the cards. I had to call several times to get a number ported over to my account. I called later in the week about returning the SIM cards that were mailed. I was told to return the cards for a full refund. I was told to RTS without opening the cards. January comes, no refund. No word on the rebate for the iPhone. I call customer service. I was told I would see a $75 credit on my next bill. Nope. Only $25. Couple of days later, I notice that my rebate was denied because I did not have a valid plan or valid line. I added TWO lines to my account.  I called the rebate department. The rep says that she does not see why the claim was rejected. she resubmitted the the claim. Again, I was rejected for the same reason. I am so pissed. I have always paid my bill on time. As of adding the two lines to my account, my bill is paid via autopay. I thought this would be a simple process. Do not fall for this Bogo crap. I would leave T-Mobile if I didn’t fear being charged for two iPhone 8s!!!

All replies

• dragon1562

2018 Q1 Apple BOGO Offer

Buy an iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, or X and well-qualified customer's can get another iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, or X on us (of equal or lesser value; $700 max value) by rebate when both devices are purchased on an equipment installment plan, you port in at least one number on a T-Mobile ONE or select Simple Choice Unlimited with unlimited high-speed data plan, and trade in at least one functional, paid off, eligible iPhone, LG, or Samsung device. If you cancel wireless service, remaining balance becomes due.

• Promotional Window: January 12 - TBA
        • You must meet all these requirements during the promotional window:
          • Purchase two new iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, or X devices on equipment installment plans.
          • Port in at least one new voice line onto an eligible rate plan to be used with one of the new devices.
          • Trade in an eligible device:
            • iPhone: 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 6, 6 Plus, SE, or 5s.
            • LG: V20, G6, or G5.
            • Samsung: Galaxy S7, S7 Edge, S7 Active, S6, S6 Edge, S6 Edge+, S6 Active, S5, S4, Note5, or Note 4.
          • Submit a request on the T-Mobile Rebates page (including IMEI entry) using promo code 18Q1APLBOGO within 30 days of second device purchase.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • dragon1562

The above is the list or requirements needed to me the rebate. Now I am not sure what is going wrong but you mist do all of the above within 30 days of purchase. I am sure the requirements were similar for back in 2017, however I can't find the exact details on the site. If you want to get this fixed you will have to work with T-mobile but you may be to far out of the window to get help.

• ticialove

I met all of the requirements. The rep that I spoke with after I was denied the first time, confirmed that I met the requirements. I do agree that I am probably too far out of the window to get it resolved, which makes me very angry. I have been a loyal customer. As I mentioned, I have never paid my bill late. I paid off an iPhone 6 Plus, prior to purchasing new phones.

• tmo_chris

Hey ticialove,

We want ti ensure you get the promotions you qualify for. Since we will need to take a closer look at your account to see what happened here, if you have a Facebook or Twitter account, please use the links in my signature to send a private message to our T-Force team. They will be able to pull up your account and see what exactly happened here and go over all of your options.