$300 iPhone trade in promotion issue....

magenta4188477

I contacted T-Mobile to order the new iPhone X back in October or November. I was informed that I qualified for a $300 trade in intensive. I received my new iPhone X and sent my old iPhone 6s plus in. I got in touch with customer service shortly after sending my old phone in to make sure everything was taken care of and was assured that the transaction had been completed without any issues.

Fast forward a month... I receive a notice saying I've been "dropped out" of the promotion (They have my old phone BTW). I contacted customer service AGAIN and was assured that the issue would be taken care of.

Here we are, now FOUR MONTHS since the transaction and I have received ANOTHER notice that I have been "dropped out" of the promotion... This is getting really REALLY irritating. I don't know what to do at this point...

What do I do? I have called customer service FOUR TIMES and this is still and issue after FOUR MONTHS!!!!!!  

The person who is currently helping me with this issue is being as helpful as possible but I was just informed that they have to go back and find my old phone in the warehouse....... UUUGGGGHHHHHH

All replies

• dragon1562

Well this is definitely not good. If you call in the next time I would attempt to get this escalated imminently. You will indeed have to work with T-mobile but I assure you that someone will be able to resolve this for you. If you have the tracking number still it will help alot for your case, as well as any additional info that you have recorded along the way.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_amanda

Hi, magenta4188477!

Welcome to our Support Community! I wish we were meeting on better terms. Four months is a long time to go without having the extra $300 in your pocket. Do you happen to know if a handset research ticket has been filed on your behalf? At this point, I recommend working with T-Force. They're our Social Media Customer Care that are top-notch and known for getting to the bottom of why promotions aren't being processed/completed. You can find them on Facebook or Twitter. Give that a shot and let us know if you make any progress.

• tmo_mike_c

That's a lot of calling for a long time for sure. We really want you to be able to take advantage of that promo. Getting in touch with T-Force is a good idea. They do have the means to take a look at your account and dig into this further. Please take the time to give them a shot at this.