disable wifi calling

magenta4196380

My phone has decided to always use wifi calling even though wifi calling is disabled.

I make a phone call and the wifi calling icon turns active.

Wifi calling is disabled.

I can enable it and set it to cellular preferred and it still uses wifi calling.

This question has appear again and again over the years and there is no good answer and has not been fixed.

Does anyone know of a process that will get the wifi calling app to reset its settings?

(samsung galaxy j7 prime)

All replies

• dragon1562

Re: disable wifi calling

If wifi calling is just turning itself on even when you have set it off, you will need to factory reset the device as it is a software issue. I actually believe that I have seen you post before if memory serves me well or it was someone else with a similar issue. To get it resolved for them we had them boot the device into safe mode to see if the problem persisted and when he booted into the normal mode it just went away. However, I believe it is probably a app on the device that is not playing nice.

You can try safe mode first if you like and if the problem is gone there is a app not playing nice. In which case uninstall apps one by one till the issue goes away. If the problem persist in safe mode, then do a factory reset. If the problem is still there after a factory reset you will want to file for a exchange device.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_amanda

Happy Saturday, magenta4196380!

You should be able to completely disable WiFi calling on your J7 Prime and it stay disabled. As dragon1562 mentioned, this is likely a hardware or app issue. Have you tried completing a master reset or running your phone in Safe Mode?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • tmo_mike_c

We certainly wanna make sure this gets resolved. You've got some really good suggestions above. Please give them a shot and let us know how things are going after that. Thank you!