Warranty Exchange not submitted

magenta4148569

My phone suddenly lost service on a Friday morning. After it didn't come back for several hours, I checked the tmobile website for troubleshooting. I followed all 14 steps to return service, all unsuccessful. I called the 800 number, they weren't able to get my service to come back on. I went to the store, they weren't able to fix it, so they initiated a warranty replacement. The representative in the store said I could pick it up on Monday.

I just returned from the store, where I was told it hadn't arrived yet. The rep (a different one this time) said because it was initiated late in the day, it wouldn't process and arrive today, that I would have to come back tomorrow. I called the 800 customer service number again when I got home to voice my displeasure at the inaccurate information. Thankfully I did, because after some digging, they found out the warranty replacement WAS NEVER SUBMITTED. (Mind you, the in store rep who forgot to press "submit" was the only person in the store, and was leaning on the counter reading a book when I walked in)

Needless to say, I was livid. The rep I spoke with in person today mentioned NOTHING about this, only that it would take an extra day because the replacement wasn't issued until Friday evening and the device didn't ship out that day.

So, in the end, it will require 3 visits to the store, and I heard 3 different things from 3 different people.

I was with Verizon for 12 years, and every.single.time I went into the store with a broken device, I was issued a replacement ON THE SPOT. I walked out of the store less than 20 minutes later with a fresh, working device. My phone is a Galaxy S7 Edge; the S8s have only been out for 6 months. Why the store didn't have a small stock of refurbished S7s for cases like this is beyond me. In fact, my mother just went to VZW to get her IPHONE 4 replaced (yes, I said IPHONE 4) and they had a refurbished one in their inventory to give her.

This is completely unacceptable; it's almost like you WANT to push people back to their old carriers with garbage like this.

All replies

• gramps28

The reps should of also known that today is also a holiday and that there was no mail delivery service today.

• dragon1562

Well with any company there will always be less than stellar employees. With large companies there will be things that are just out of there control. I am sorry this all happened to you and wanted to know if this ended up resolving itself or if you still needed help.

• tidbits

magenta4148569 wrote:

My phone suddenly lost service on a Friday morning. After it didn't come back for several hours, I checked the tmobile website for troubleshooting. I followed all 14 steps to return service, all unsuccessful. I called the 800 number, they weren't able to get my service to come back on. I went to the store, they weren't able to fix it, so they initiated a warranty replacement. The representative in the store said I could pick it up on Monday.

I just returned from the store, where I was told it hadn't arrived yet. The rep (a different one this time) said because it was initiated late in the day, it wouldn't process and arrive today, that I would have to come back tomorrow. I called the 800 customer service number again when I got home to voice my displeasure at the inaccurate information. Thankfully I did, because after some digging, they found out the warranty replacement WAS NEVER SUBMITTED. (Mind you, the in store rep who forgot to press "submit" was the only person in the store, and was leaning on the counter reading a book when I walked in)

Needless to say, I was livid. The rep I spoke with in person today mentioned NOTHING about this, only that it would take an extra day because the replacement wasn't issued until Friday evening and the device didn't ship out that day.

So, in the end, it will require 3 visits to the store, and I heard 3 different things from 3 different people.

I was with Verizon for 12 years, and every.single.time I went into the store with a broken device, I was issued a replacement ON THE SPOT. I walked out of the store less than 20 minutes later with a fresh, working device. My phone is a Galaxy S7 Edge; the S8s have only been out for 6 months. Why the store didn't have a small stock of refurbished S7s for cases like this is beyond me. In fact, my mother just went to VZW to get her IPHONE 4 replaced (yes, I said IPHONE 4) and they had a refurbished one in their inventory to give her.

This is completely unacceptable; it's almost like you WANT to push people back to their old carriers with garbage like this.

Verizon store never did it on the spot unless your store has a repair center attached to it. Verizon has been removing those more and more especially in the last 2 years. 

Verizon customer since they have been GTE, AT&T customer since they were AT&T and became cingular, then the "new" AT&T, and Also up until 2004 I was a Sprint customer. 

• dragon1562

Re: Do these people even know what they're doing?

Tidbits thats a long time to be a AT&T custmor and my family is the same way. I remember just after the Cingular days the network was so cruddy back then, mostly due to the new iphones at the time. Man the memories. Its really nice to live in modern times with LTE being available almost everywhere that matters.

• tidbits

Re: Do these people even know what they're doing?

My work required us to have all the services because coverage was spotty everywhere here for all carriers at for years.  Verizon made some backroom deal and their coverage got great, and all the other carriers are struggling to keep up.  They are our primary carrier, but at home I have T-Mobile because they are cheap and outside of work and home there's only a couple places I go and T-Mobile has coverage there.  Sprint can die in a fire and I hope they do get bought out and have better management come in.  Get rid of all of the management that's been around since 2000.

As for AT&T I had them since the Nokia 5100 series phones.  Man all that snake to be had.