Special Event based Coverage

davron

Is it possible for event coordinators (like for an anime or other type of convention) prearrange with T-Mobile that something like that is about to happen so that TMo has foreknowledge and the ability to possibly put up additional temporary resources to handle the additional people?

All replies

• dragon1562

Re: Special Event based Coverage

It is possible. I suggest reaching out to the T-force team on Social Media so that it can be sent to the write people and Tweeting it out to John Legere. Although if the event is large enough they should already know. I like that you are planning ahead though. If I may ask, what is the event that is occuring and on what size? Is it a additional 100 people, 1,000, or 100,000 people?

• davron

Well I'm not any of the coordinators (though I am staff on a couple), but I've had pretty crummy service at several of the Denver conventions when I typically have great service at the same places, so I thought I'd ask and then see if someone with enough authority could reach out.  The ones I'm thinking of are Nan Desu Kan (>9000 per day), Genghis Con(unknown attendence but at least in the hundreds per day and service still seems to be sketchy during the convention) and Colorado Anime Fest (>2000 per day).

• dragon1562

Excellent like I said I would file a service ticket for the area. I would also get as many people as you know to publicly tweet about the event to John. The more attention you get the better. I will say that historically T-mobile has had less access to temp equipment then the big two so any improvements made would be for long term gains. However, there is always the chance that T-mobile partners with a 3rd party to help. Who knows but let me know how it pans out.