Wifi calling

jawahar

I am using Samsung Galaxy S8 unlocked version with T-Mobile. I have problems with Wifi calling. If I set my GS8 (Tmobile) to cellular preferred (under the wifi calling option), it still defaults to wifi calling, even when I have a very strong signal. The only way to make a call on the cellular network is to turn off wifi calling or wifi altogether. Google search tells me it is a problem with Tmobile network. Please help

All replies

• dragon1562

Re: Wifi calling

It is not T-mobiles network, it is the device choosing to remain connected to wifi calling as it will generally be the better connection regardless of what the LTE indicator shows.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_marissa

Hiya, jawahar. I'm inclined to agree with dragon1562 generally speaking -- I've had a few phones myself that preferred WiFi over the network, despite my settings, even though there is a tower mere blocks from my house. :/ Is this the only network you've used your unlocked S8 with so far? Have you been having this issue since you first started using the device, or did it just crop up/is it happening intermittently?

• jawahar

This is happening with t-Mobile only. I don't have any issues with AT&T when used with S8

• dragon1562

AT&T treats wifi calling as a last ditch effort for service. Also AT&T uses a different version of wifi calling so its like comparing Apples to Oranges.

1 of 1 people found this helpful