MMS and group messages

magenta4139019

I am new to Tmobile and have one phone that works without a hitch and an LG3 that cannot receive MMS or group messages.  If I send a picture to the phone it gives a download button but when activated, fails to download.  This is the same regardless of WiFi or data connection.  I have checked the APNs and now am at a loss where to look!  Any  help out there?

All replies

• snn555

Re: MMS and group messages

What carrier did the G3 come from?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • tmo_marissa

Hey there! Just wanted to check in here and confirm that the G3 you're having trouble with is a non-T-Mobile device. Which APN settings did you use to set the phone up? Please let us know if you still need help!

• dragon1562

Besides the carrier that the phone came from, I want to ask if you are using the default messenger?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              • magenta4139019

The phone was originally a Verizon G3, I have tried Facebook Messenger, Message (Yellow one with the phone), and the Google Message.  All fail but in slightly different ways. 

The APN is http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenec

• dragon1562

Can you elaborate on what you mean. Like how do they fail in different ways? Also are you able to try a different device, preferably one that is from T-mobile?

• tmo_marissa

I'm going to borrow some steps from a pretty popular non-TMO APN settings post -- granted, they're for an S7, but maybe they'll work for your G3! These menu trees might work (because Android menus are often similar across device mfrs) or you may need to find something that looks like the most similar option in your LG's settings -- I feel like the key takeaway is the "deleting" and restart step.

1. Go to Settings>Connections>Mobile Networks>Access Point Names

2. Click on each name and in the top right corn click the 3 dot menu icon and click Delete APN. Delete ALL of them.

3. Restart your phone.

4. Repeat step 1 and go back to Access Point Names.

5. Click ADD on the top right and fill in the APN information exactly like this: Network, APN, VoLTE: LG G3

6. Click the 3 dot menu icon in the top right corner and hit SAVE.

7. Go back to Access Point Names and make sure your new APN is selected.

8. Restart.

If MMS still isn't working after entering the APNs this way, using the G3 settings for TMO devices, it may be a device compatibility issue; but I hope not! Please let us know how it goes.

• pkgal21

I have a Pixel XL that was originally Project Fi. I switched to TMobile two weeks ago and my group MMS are not downloading, either on wifi or mobile. Sometimes they come through, other times I have to go to the individual messages and download them. 90% of the time, they fail to download. I've done all the troubleshooting, including resetting the network and creating the new APN from this forum.