MMS and SMS still missing messages

magenta4152375

I've had T-mobile for years now and ALWAYS missed a lot of both SMS AND MMS. It seems to be getting worse. DontD tell me it's my phone. It happens to all of my family. 5 different people on 3 different types of Android phones.

I never missed any type if message on verizon. 2 nights ago I missed a bigbpart of an ongoing group message and now I have a very upset friend who thinks that i was just ignoring him. I had another friend who was in the conversation read the messages that I missed to me. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHAT THE PROBLEM IS? IT IS NOT OUR PHONES IT IS YOUR SYSTEM! STOP DENYING AND START FIXING.

I saw a post the other day where you register to get text message uodates and it actually had an asterisk by T-mobile and only T-mobile thattsaid they weren't responsible if you didn't receive the message. You have a bad reputation.

All replies

• tmo_mike_c

Re: MMS and SMS still missing messages

I understand being super upset about your messages not getting through. It's even worse that it's happening to your other lines as well, but I'm sure there's a way to get this fixed. I'm curious if this is happening in a specific area or areas. Is this only happening only when you're receiving messages or also when you send them to other people? Do you notice this only with numbers from other carriers or also with T-Mobile numbers. We wanna do everything we can to turn this around for you so please keep us posted. Thanks.

• magenta4152375

It doesn't matter what carrier they are with. I can send messages to my wife and she will never get some of them. I don't get all of her messages. I don't get some messages from kids and they don't get some messages from me and of course we are all on T-Mobile. I've had a Note 4, an S7, and now an LG V30 and have the same problem. My wife has gone through an S4, S5, and now an S7. My kids had S4's and now have S6 Edge's. Same problem. When they are in group messages with friends, they miss part of the conversation. Same thing happens to me.

Can't tell you about area. My friend that got upset is in Iowa. I have another friend in Oklahoma and I don't get all of his messages. I know you are asking about where I am when I don't receive them but I'm mostly in my home area (of course) and have no way most of the time of knowing when I'm not getting messages..... so I can't say for sure if I've missed them outside Simpsonville and Greenville, SC which is where I spend most of my life. For sure we've all missed uncountable messages while at home in Simpsonville SC and when in the Greenville area which is where I work.

People (not T-Mobile people) seem to receive my texts and MMS's when I send them so it seems to be on the receiving end on T-mobile phones. Based on what I've seen around the Internet, it's happening all over the country so I don't see how it could have anything to do with my little corner of the world. It seems to be a system wide problem and posts go back for years complaining about it.  It's still happening.

• tmo_mike_c

Thanks for all this info. I don't see that we're getting any reports of issues in these areas, but I have some other ideas on narrowing. Have you also tried changing the network settings to see if it works better on other frequencies. Also, I'd like to know if it's something you've noticed happening while you're only on Wi-Fi or not.

• magenta4152375

Hmm. Well it's odd that you haven't seen this in other areas. Perhaps this will jog your memory since you are the person responding to the same problem.

Sporadically not receiving SMS/MMS

or perhaps this one:

S7 not receiving all text messages

or perhaps this one

Does this fix your phone sporadically missing text messages?

see this is why I don't get my hopes up that it will ever be fixed. Everyone complains, same answer either don't use texting, reset your phone to factory every time it starts happening again or some other bogus thing. Apparently it's a major issue that simply isn't fixable on your system or software that you put onto your phones.  I've never heard of another carrier telling their customers to reset their phone to factory default to fix a problem over and over again.  VERY FRUSTRATING that it keeps happening and then you act like you've never heard of it being chronic.

• dragon1562

I have two phones and this has happened with AT&T before as well. So it is not a T-mobile exclusive thing. It really just seems to be a matter of a legacy messaging system not being suited for todays needs. The best thing I can recommend is using a alternative messenger with the people that matter especially when doing group messaging. I like Snapchat personally since thats what many people my age use and I like Facebook messenger. Advanced SMS(RCS) is also incredible but you need to be on the same carrier and have the right hardware to enjoy that built in feature of messengering.

Generally speaking though I haven't had a issues with T-mobiles texting. The only two times I did have issues were due to Android itself being buggy, and not because of the network itself.

• tmo_mike_c

My apologies for any confusion I've caused. Let me try to be more clear. This certainly isn't something I've never heard of happening. What I checked was our internal coverage map and systems to see if our engineers had any large scale outages related to your issue in the specific areas you mentioned. After checking, I didn't see there were any current outages or network related issues listed. Since this is happening on multiple devices and on multiple lines, I'm suggesting that you file a Trouble Ticket with our engineering team. That way, we can collect examples of what's happening and it'll help our engineers get this resolved for you lines.