I have E signal where the map says it should be excellent

magenta4135398

I work at 950 West 450 South, Columbus Indiana (Faurecia CTC Building 3-4 ) which according to your map has excellent service. I drive from my home in Greenwood IN (at 4G strength) to Columbus. Once I pass Franklin/Edinburgh, I watch my bars drop until it blips into E but full bars for phone calls. My husband works at 1900 McKinley Avenue and has the same E signal problem but at least his work has accessible wifi . Yes, I have shut off my phone, reset, the whole works. My phone obviously can accept service as I have no problems in Greenwood, Indianapolis but no data when i get to work. Very frustrating

All replies

• dragon1562

Theres a few questions I would like to ask to try and narrow things down. What type of device are you using? What do others have in regards to service in this location with T-mobile? Are you outside when the service is connecting to E(2g)? Do you have wifi at the location that you can use to compensate for the poor service?

Sorry for the questions just wanna narrow things down and try to provide both a short term and longterm solution for this.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • magenta3128589

what phone do you have?

• magenta3128589

2G, LTE 700A, and LTE 1900 are the only bandwidths getting service in that area.

• dragon1562

If you don't have a band 12 capable device it would explain the lack of LTE in some areas. As magenta was able to point out. Sorry to bombard but I figured I would further explain why I had asked the above questions and why we were both interested in the device being used.

• magenta4135398

We both have Samsung Note 4. We've also had LG G3, Samsung galaxy s5 which didnt work as well. There is no wifi where I am. It makes no difference whether I'm outside or inside my building...Once I hit exit 76, my service disappears. The only exception is right smack in the middle of downtown Columbus (and I mean downtown. Move 2 blocks and its back to E)  I dont know what other Tmobile people in this area use. My coworkers all have verizon (my iphone SE work phone is verizon which works excellently).

All my phones have both LTE 1900 and band 12 and between 3 different phones....

• magenta3128589

Reset your networks....

To perform a Network reset, follow these steps.

1. From the Home screen, tap Apps.
                  2. Tap Settings.
                  3. Under USER AND BACKUP, tap Backup and reset.
                  4. Tap Reset network settings.
                  5. Tap Reset device.
                  6. If prompted, enter PIN or password.
                  7. Tap Continue.
                  8. Tap Delete all.

Check your APN is set correctly line by line....below

1. From any Home screen, tap the Menu icon.
                  2. Tap Settings.
                  3. Scroll to 'NETWORK CONNECTIONS,' then tap More networks.
                  4. Tap Mobile networks.
                  5. Tap Access Point Names.
                  6. If available, tap the T-Mobile US APN (the bullet point fills with green). If not available, tap the Add '+' icon.
                    Note: To reset your APN settings, tap the Menu key and then tap Reset to default.
                  7. Verify and update the following settings for the Data APN:
                    • Name: T-Mobile US LTE
                    • APN: fast.t-mobile.com
                    • Proxy: <Not set>
                    • Port: <Not set>
                    • Username: <Not set>
                    • Password: <Not set>
                    • Server: <Not set>
                    • MMSC: http://mms.msg.eng.t-mobile.com/mms/wapenc
                    • MMS proxy: <Not set>
                    • MMS port: <Not set>
                    • MMS protocol: WAP 2.0
                    • MCC: 310
                    • MNC: 260
                    • Authentication type:<Not set>
                    • APN type: <Not set> OR Internet+MMS
                    • APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6
                    • APN roaming protocol: IPv4
                    • Enable/disable APN: <greyed out unless there are multiple APNs>
                    • Bearer: Unspecified
                  8. Tap the Menu icon.
                  9. Tap Save.
                  10. Tap the desired APN profile you want to use. The bullet point fills with green next to the APN profile.

Hopefully that helps if not we are running a BOGO on the LG V30"s

• tmo_marissa

Hey, magenta4135398, and welcome to our Community!

I took a look at the internal map for the area where your office is located, and it looks like the strongest LTE signal in that area is going to be via Band 12 (700 MHz), which our tech specs say a T-Mobile branded Note 4 should be able to utilize! I will say that it doesn't look like we'd expect coverage inside of a large building in this area, but definitely if you're on Edge while hanging out in your workplace's parking lot, that's not something I would expect based on what I see here.
                    Sometimes small tower issues or environmental impacts (the point of an antennae, heavy forestation, hills/valleys, etc) can impact service in pocket locations that are at a smaller "zoom" (for lack of a better term) than our map can cover. Or it may be that there's actually something going on here that we need to have reported. Either way, the best bet to get to the bottom of this is going to be to reach out to our Tech team and have a trouble ticket filed for the lack of service in that area. I'm not showing any recent complaints or current outages right now; so we could definitely use the insight!
                    You can Contact Us and work with our Tech team to report the lack of LTE connectivity at your work address (worth noting, our system will default to your home address, so please make sure to mention where you're having trouble). It sounds like you've already done a good bit of troubleshooting -- nice work! There might be a few things that we'll still need to walk through, but once we get the ticket filed it will be sent to our Engineering team for review and ideally we can get you some answers here -- or improve the situation!

Marissa