Bogo Trade in Requirements and Carrier Freedom Questions Switching from AT&T

magenta4131636

I can't find any trade in requirement aside from acceptable models. I'm switching from AT&T and I've had nightmares with failed promises especially during promotions with AT&T so I'm very hesitant and want to make sure I know everything. What condition does the trade in need to be in? I am looking into the LG V30+ bogo. I have a refurbished and unlocked Galaxy S4 that I bought used, it turns on, screen is in good condition, very minor scratches on the back of the phone. Would this be acceptable? I'm having a hard time believing I can trade in an S4 and get such a good promotion. I've also read about people being denied their bogo and it has me wondering.  I am hoping to port in a number (not on a contract) and add a new line. However I am also hoping to use the carrier freedom on two different lines that have AT&T next. I read I can do this. Has anyone had any issues with either promo? For the lines coming over with Carrier Freedom I was told I can add a cheap phone which is all I need need for those lines. Does anyone know what phones qualify for that promo? I'm nervous to make the switch because I will have to pay almost $400 upfront and I still have $120 in etfs that I have to pay out of pocket for a watch. My bill will be a little higher with T-Mobile but the signal with AT&T sucks and I'm hoping T-Mobile will have better signal. Please someone ease my mind about pulling the trigger on this switch!

All replies

• tidbits

IF they both require a trade in then they don't stack unless you trade in 2 devices.  Also One of them needs to be the device that is on the payment plan.

Also before switching activate a prepaid sim and try them out before dropping heavy cash to make sure you have better service overall.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
        • magenta4131636

Thanks for the input! I was going to get a prepaid sim tomorrow. Everyone I've talked to in my area has said they loved their T-Mobile Service. According to the sales person in the store and a phone rep, they don't require a device trade in anymore for the Carrier Freedom. I didn't get a chance to ask about the trade in for the Bogo. I'm a little worried because it sounds too good to be true if you know what I mean.  I'm going to call again tomorrow and ask more questions but I would love to hear anyone's personal experience.

• tidbits

I believe some of the things if you take it you may need an add on.  Some people may end up taking it off or not adding it.

Here is for the Carrier Freedom

Carrier Freedom™

Also looking at their website I don't see they have a BOGO going on right now.  It may be a 3rd party retailer thing or a manufacturer thing you may need to check into.

• tidbits

OK found it.  The BOGO does not stack with carrier freedom as seen at the very bottom.

Limited time offer; subject to change. SIM starter kit, qualifying credit, service, port-in, and finance agreements for both devices required. GS8: $30 down and $30/mo. x 24, pre-rebate price $750.00. GS8+: $130 down and $30/mo. x 24, pre-rebate price $850.00. GS8 Active: $130 down and $30/mo. x 24, pre-rebate price $850.00. Note8: $230 down and $30/mo. x 24, pre-rebate price $950.00. 0% APR. If you cancel wireless service, remaining balance becomes due. For well-qualified customers. Tax on pre-rebate price for both devices due at sale. Max 6/account. Rebate up to $750 on device of equal or lesser value via Prepaid MasterCard® Card. This Card is issued by Sunrise Banks N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Use of this card constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions stated in the Cardholder Agreement. Cards will not have cash access and can be used everywhere Mastercard debit cards are accepted. Must be active and in good standing when card is processed. Allow 8 weeks. May not be combined with some offers and discounts (e.g., Carrier Freedom).

• tidbits

The one for the V30/+

Limited time offer; subject to change. Sim starter kit, qualifying credit, service, port-in, and finance agreements for both devices required. G6: $22 down and $22/mo. x 24, pre-rebate price $550.00. V30: $80 down and $30/mo. x 24, pre-rebate price $800.00. V30+: $130 down and $30/mo. x 24, pre-rebate price $850.00. 0% APR. If you cancel wireless service, remaining balance becomes due. For well-qualified customers. Tax on pre-rebate prices for both devices due at sale. Max 6/account. Rebate up to $850 on device of equal or lesser value via Prepaid MasterCard® Card. This Card is issued by Sunrise Banks N.A., Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard is a registered trademark of Mastercard International Incorporated. Use of this card constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions stated in the Cardholder Agreement. Cards will not have cash access and can be used everywhere Mastercard debit cards are accepted. Must be active and in good standing when card is processed. Allow 8 weeks. May not be combined with some offers and discounts (e.g., Carrier Freedom).

• dragon1562

Tidbits seemed to clear everything up for you but I also wanted to add some pro tips when going through the ordeal of switching carriers.

1. Don't be afraid to record conversations.(this may be mean but it keeps people accountable plus T-mobile supposedly records are calls.)

2. Document every person you speak with as well as the position in the store.

3. Try to avoid 3rd party stores and stick to the corporate ones, as they tend to give a better experience(based of my past dealings).

• magenta4131636

Thanks everyone! I will record the conversation. I was told they don't stack promos but you can use promos for different lines which is what I would be doing. I currently have 2 lines on next which need carrier freedom and 1 line not on contract to port in for the bogo and I've been wanting to add a line for my youngest so with everything the reps have been telling me it should all work out. But I will for sure record it because I have read conflicting information. Thanks again!