iPhone 8 BOGO Rebate requirements

mayitom

Hello,

So I added a line on the 8th of Feb. 2018. Went into the store and purchased an iPhone 8 plus. Fast forward to the weekend and I find out about the BOGO which was not offered at the store at the moment of purchase. So  I decided to call and see if we still could somehow qualify for the BOGO promotion, which I was told I did. I clearly stated that I did not have the qualifying trade in model ( I had seen the list online). I repeated myself about or more than three times and was assured I did not need the qualifying trade in, just to port in a number. So we decided to port my dad's phone number and get the second iPhone to get the $700 rebate card. Come today Wednesday the 14th 2018 and the new iPhone arrived. While trying to submit the rebate application online it clearly ask for the second IMEI of the trade in, which I know that I do not have any of the LG models listed even though my dads phone is an LG. So I called the rebate help line and was told the rebate cannot be processed with one of the qualifying rebate models. So my question is, can the rebate be processed even though the rep assured me 100% I did not need the qualifying trade in. It just makes me angry that I clearly stated I did not have that trade in phone model and because I was assured I did not need it. Not sure what are my options at this point. If I would have known before hand that the trade in is required I would not have made the second iPhone 8 Plus purchase, the only reason I made the purchase was to take advantage of the BOGO promotion and because was told that I did not need to to the trade in, just the number port. Look forward to talking to you. Thanks.

All replies

• snn555

Re: iPhone 8 BOGO Rebate requirements

The only way to take advantage of the bogo promo is to meet all requirements.  The information you read about eligible trade ins is a requirement.  This publicly posted info on tmos site supersedes any reps word or lack of promo knowledge.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
          • mayitom

I understand, so how can I proceeded, now I’m stuck with a second phoned

which I had not planned to buy.  Can I return it for a full refund of the

451.37 I made. It is very frustrating in a way I feel I was miss

informed/miss led to purchasing a second phone which the BOGO is an amazing

promotion to take advantage of. But sincerely the only reason I decided to

go ahead and buy was because I was assured the trade in was not required.

• snn555

You can return within 14 days and only pay for service used and the somewhat high restocking fee. After 14 days its yours .Again you can only depend on info from official documentation .It sounds like you read the requirements and understood them.  I figure you were not told by the store rep about the eligibility because...you weren't eligible. Why the other rep told you that you were eligible makes no sense if you didn't have an eligible trade in.

• mayitom

See thats the thing, I called for further clarification which in this case

the rep was not fully informed on the terms or I dont know what happened.

Not sure if this would be possible. Could you go back and listen to the

conversation ? I refuse to pay the “high” restocking fee for the reps

mistakes of assuring me I did not need the qualifying trade in.  It does

not make sense what your saying we can only depend on the documentation. We

call the reps because we assume they are more knowledgeable and the experts

on these matters.

• snn555

To clarify I am a customer not a T-Mobile employee. You can find this fine print on any carriers website which dictates in the terms and conditions that the only information you can depend on is what is listed there within that official documentation on that website and that that supersedes any Representatives word promise or guarantee.

My point in this conversation is that because you already knew you are ineligible and because the representative in-store new that you are ineligible because you did not have an eligible trade-in device that there was no use in going through all of that just for you to be denied for an eligibility. Again as far as the over the phone representative I cannot account for what they said. However you knew going into that conversation that you were not eligible. So no matter what they said you already knew the truth.

Also going back to listen to the recordings is pretty much never going to happen. Even if you had a screenshot it would still go back to documentation and the store rep from what you bought from.

As far as the return. Goes that's also in documentation with terms and services and part of the agreement that you read and agree to when you sign up for service and get devices.

That is honestly the only way that I know to explain the situation.

• dragon1562

Snn did a incredible job it seems in clearing things up. However, I wanted to add that you could try reaching out to the T-force team and see if they will award you some kind of credit for being mislead. Maybe a rep cited it on the account. However, you are probably just going to have to eat it or return the device before the clock is up but there is never any harm in calling in.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  • tmo_chris

Just checking in here to see how things are going. Did you get a chance to speak with the T-Force team yet? Also, Snn is one of our community pillars and his suggestion of returning the phone is going to be the best bet if you did not want to be locked into paying it off monthly.

• tmo_mike_c

Hey there!

We'd just like to know if you've reached out to our T-Force team and let them try to help with this. Please let us know. Thanks!